• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, the weight and cp points are random, what's not random is the number of candies. That number is the only one that matters when making the hint.

When you or I play they are indeed random, but I'm sure if a teenage kid is able to edit stats the Director of the Franchise is able to edit stats/set stats.

Why is the number of candies any less random than the amount of cp points? This makes no sense at all.
Because CP points can't be deducted legitimately, so it makes even more sense that the candy number is the only one that matters since it is the easiest to get it right and thus, easiest to make a hint out of.

Nope, the weight and cp points are random, what's not random is the number of candies. That number is the only one that matters when making the hint.
Okay, because we were talking about the Slowking/Vespiquen connection that people are bringing up. XD

I don't know about the candies, honestly. We're expecting something on Pokemon Day anyway, but 2/26 isn't Pokemon Day and if it was meant to be a hint for a Pokemon Day announcement, Masuda could have just like... found another Weedle surely or used a rare candy to boost that number up by one. And why would they opt to announce on the day before Pokemon Day? Could just wait a day and make an occasion out of it.

Also! If those 226 candies were meant as a hint, why does the blur filter start on top of it?

Just clarifying: I just agree with what Unown Seer said a few pages ago, and so I preferred to quote it. I don't want to dismiss anyone's idea or opinion unjustly.

But just think about it...do you think Masuda would worry so much about hints? It was a coincidence that two of the numbers points to Slowking and Vespiquen. But do you really think Masuda would make such a complex hint? Think about it.

Look what Blast and Unown Seer have said, and think one more time about it. It would be unhealthy. Masuda would not do something like that.

Last edited:
No teenage kid is able to edit height and weight of a Pokemon.
I'm also pretty sure that Masuda plays his game legit, otherwise he could have just hacked in that Weedle instead of changing its stats. In which case seeing one after so long would not have been a big deal.

Just clarifying: I just agree with what Unown Seer said a few pages ago, and so I preferred to quote it. I don't want to dismiss anyone's idea or opinion unjustly.

But just think about it...do you think Masuda would worry so much about hints? It was a coincidence that two of the numbers points to Slowking and Vespiqueen. But do you really think Masuda would make such a complex hint? Think about it.

Look what Blast and Unown Seer have said, and think one more time about it. It would be unhealthy. Masuda would not do something like that.

Unhealthy??? What?

It's really not a complex hint. It's displaying 3 numbers on a screen and Masuda has PROVEN previous form in this area. Both when Sun/Moon came out with the tweet of the Sun and Moon and LGPE with the timer on the lucky egg revealing the reveal date. Despite this I'm sure Masuda is in perfect health.

There are plenty of apps and toolkits allowing you to edit stats etc you just get banned for using them.
The game developers themselves are able to control spawns which is out of reach for normal players
So if he has that much control and willingness to edit a pokemon for the sake of an obscure hint- why pick a weedle?

There are plenty of apps and toolkits allowing you to edit stats etc you just get banned for using them.
The game developers themselves are able to control spawns which is out of reach for normal players

Actually I’ve looked into those apps’ notes on what they can do and at best they’re used for spoofing, taking you close to an encounter, seeing the moves of the raid boss in advance and checking IVs. Not editing stats like weight and height.

Unhealthy??? What?

It's really not a complex hint. It's displaying 3 numbers on a screen and Masuda has PROVEN previous form in this area. Both when Sun/Moon came out with the tweet of the Sun and Moon and LGPE with the timer on the lucky egg revealing the reveal date. Despite this I'm sure Masuda is in perfect health.
The Lucky Egg timer did not reveal the reveal date either. LGPE dropped on 5/30 in most of the world.

Actually I’ve looked into those apps’ notes on what they can do and at best they’re used for spoofing, taking you close to an encounter, seeing the moves of the raid boss in advance and checking IVs. Not editing stats like weight and height.

We are talking about the director here! If he wants to hack in some stats he can hack in some stats.

@Defiant Masuda’s style is giving hints in the ordinary and natural progression of life and having fun like he did during Sun/Moon tweet, Pikachu Eevee and Luigi picture, and the lucky egg timer (if you consider it a hint) was a perfectly natural way of playing.

It is really unlike Masuda to hack his own game to give the fan base a hint.

I think something can happen around Pokemon Day but that weedle is definitely not a hint for it.

I really hope this doesn’t end up in a closure of this thread again

Unhealthy??? What?

It would not be appropriate for him to be so obsessed with hints, that's not his job. I think it would be unhealthy if it was reaching the level of hiding Pokémon Dex numbers and announcement dates in candies, weights and cps in random pics of GO.

Unhealthy??? What?

I agree with you on the Sun and Moon tweet, but not on the LGPE “hint” or this (candy number excepted)

Sun and Moon tweet-the words sun and moon are in the tweet itself, so in hindsight, it’s blatantly obvious that it was a hint.

Lucky egg-LGPE were, in Japan (where Masuda lives) revealed on the 30th, not the 29th (the lucky egg timer was 5:29). This is not a hint

Candy-you can argue that the date of the direct is right in front of you, 2/26 (226 candy). This could potentially be a hint

Height, weight, cp, etc-this requires a somewhat hardcore fan’s knowledge of Pokémon dex numbers to work out.

Basically what I’m saying is, IF Masuda is hinting at something, it’ll be something almost blatantly obvious, that you wouldn’t technically need to be a Pokémon fan to notice.

I think we are spending too much time dwelling on Masuda's tweets. It's pretty simple to logically conclude that he either has way too much free time, enjoys being a troll with hints, or just enjoys being actively engaged with anything and everything pokemon.

I mean since we are spending so much time dwelling on them, I'll throw some fuel into the Crown/Scepter fire. Masuda retweeted this :ROFLMAO:

View: https://twitter.com/ndndnknk/status/1096340283459960832

Last edited:
I think people are spending too much time dwelling on Masuda's tweets. I mean since we are spending so much time dwelling on them, I'll throw some fuel into the Crown/Scepter fire. Masuda retweeted this :ROFLMAO:

View: https://twitter.com/ndndnknk/status/1096340283459960832

King/Queen are separate I believe to Crown/Sceptre. I guess they both share a royal regal theme, but I think it's more likely to be King/Queen.
NidoKing is yes another hint to King however, or as some will call it, the 5th coincidence ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom