• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Defiant, what were the other coincidences? I'll try to show you something. Show me everything you think points to Crown and Scepter or King and Queen (royal theme).

Alright so I guess Masuda can hack a pokemon's stats for the sake of a hint but can't fix the time on his lucky egg timer to the correct date for the same purpose.

I'm so done with these Masuda numbers- someone please find me a good fake leak on 4chan so we can talk about something more fun to poke at. =(

I honestly don’t know if those ‘coincidences’ should be trustworthy or not, but I do think that King/Queen as titles for the Gen 8 takes are quite underwhelming.

I agree tbh, but there's not really an unlimited number of names to use, especially when fans have got so much better at creating their own and Game Freak obviously don't want to use a name that's already been used elsewhere. I think someone said one of the cases against Crown/Sceptre when that was a thing was that they were already used by a fangame or something elsewhere. Even Sun/Moon were a bit "meh" for those around when SunGold/MoonSilver were a thing.

Defiant was being sarcastic in his post, I'm not sure if you picked up on that. My post was meant to be sarcasm too.
No, I didn't. Even because he had answered me, and deleted it a few seconds ago. Not sure why, but ok, no problem at all.

But that has nothing to do with what I asked you, does it? And you deleted all your answer.

But that has nothing to do with what I asked you, does it? And you deleted all your answer.

You asked for the previous coincidences pointing towards a theme which I listed and then remembered the admins had requested we don't speak about that previous one so I deleted that part of the comment, the rest of the comment is still there, but it doesn't say last edited because the part I removed was up for less than 10 seconds, before I realised and corrected my mistake.

Lol if you still can't see that was a hint then there's really not much more to discuss on that topic, if you can't see what the hints were in hindsight. Subtlety is an art.

Do you seriously believe Masuda went to hack his own game to obsessively look for 2 Pokemon with king and 'quen' in their names?
If he had that much power why didn’t he choose to include 'Nidoqueen' over Vespiquen which includes a complete 'queen' instead of 'quen'?

Masuda doesn’t care about the fanbase enough to hack his own game for a single inconsequential tweet. It was significantly easier to click a picture of the sky and scramble three easily available plushies together.

The other undisputed hints have been way simpler than a 'Who remembers the Pokedex numbers of all Pokemon?' contest.

Do you seriously believe Masuda went to hack his own game to obsessively look for 2 Pokemon with king and 'quen' in their names?
Yes it's really not that hard. I could make a Pokemon for you right now (in 3DS not Go) with 28 HP, 10 Attack, 9 defence (the serial number of your post) it would take 2 minutes tops and I'm not the director of the franchise (Or am I???).

If he had that much power why didn’t he choose to include 'Nidoqueen' over Vespiquen which includes a complete 'queen' instead of 'quen'?
Subtlety is an art, you're basically asking why he didn't confirm it outright.

Masuda doesn’t care about the fanbase enough to hack his own game for a single inconsequential tweet. It was significantly easier to click a picture of the sky and scramble three easily available plushies together.

So you're saying it's easier to perfectly time and organise a natural phenomenon than it is to plug in some numbers on a computer? Think I'm gonna disagree with that one.

The other undisputed hints have been way simpler than a 'Who remembers the Pokedex numbers of all Pokemon?' contest.

Spiritomb's dex number in DPPT is 108, the number of souls used to form it.

The height is so close to being Nidoking's number, too. You'd think if there was intent for a theme there, that would have been such an obvious one to edit.

Yes it's really not that hard. I could make a Pokemon for you right now with 28 HP, 10 Attack, 9 defence (the serial number of your post) it would take 2 minutes tops. (Not in Go, but in 3DS)
3DS is easier to hack than Pokemon GO. We can't even get egg hatching ratios because it's impossible to datamine.

So you're saying it's easier to perfectly time and organise a natural phenomenon than it is to plug in some numbers on a computer? Think I'm gonna disagree with that one.
Also, if you get up early enough, it's really super easy to get a picture of the moon out during the day. That's kind of an "every morning" occurrence. XD Can probably find it in the afternoons too (I notice it most often in the morning) so that's a twice a day opportunity there.

Kind of weird that transparency on a PNG would be such an issue.

Not as weird as sending someone an Illustrator file, though. XD Like seriously, why would you do that?
One of the reasons why it's probably fake.

Why do we have to assume that Masuda hacked the weedle? He does seem to play GO a lot. Maybe 4.16 is common on a weedle? I don't know. Is he really this excited about catching a Weedle? Honest question, because I don't follow every single post he makes. Does he often share random GO captures where there isn't a joke or obvious reference involved? Like, if he shared a capture of a snorunt or a spoink, I would understand because it's the year of the Pig.

BTW; the queen in Vespiquen and Nidoqueen are spelt the same way in the Japanese names.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom