• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
13 new pages.........

NEW POKEMON NEWS! ABOUT TIME!

oh......
=P Maybe in ten days.

This is almost more of a Gen 8 debate thread than anything else at this point- the fake leakers are slacking off to the point that we keep getting the same one harping on the same debunked titles.

I forgot to dissect this one (my thoughts are in bold, except the new type part)

Pokemon King and Pokemon Queen
Not a big fan of the names.

King mascot is a wolf legendary, queen is a wyvern.
Although I love wolves, I already have Midday and Dusk Lycanroc. Also, isn't it kind of boring to have another Dragon Legendary?

123 new Pokemon
Yeah, I don't think this will happen again.

26 regional variants
This is actually more possible

Some new Pokemon- Dragon-dog psuedo, electric/ground pikaclone mole, giant cat/caterpillar hybrid (normal/bug type),
I know that you could make a cat/caterpillar pun, but I don't think something like that would look appealing.

New Royal type.
Wolf is a Royal/Dark type, wyvern is a Royal/Dragon type.
Really? A Royal-Type? At least he didn't make a type matchup.

Pokemon that become royal include Slowking, Kingdra, Tseerana, and Serperior.
Yeah, right. I still don't find the type interesting or logical..

Royal type Pokemon are super fancy, and are treasured in the new region.
You don't say?

another example of a royal type is a rat king. (A bunch of rats with their tails mixed up).
Ewww... Specially when you consider why those tails are tangled in real life.

Sorry, but I don't see Royal becoming a type anytime soon, specially I don't see why the Royal type should exist. The number of Pokémon is also too high for modern standards.

Like, what is even the point of a Royal type? To one up Dragons in rarity and power? Do we really need that after they just nerfed Dragon with Fairy?

I love how they don't even list any weaknesses and resistances that would justify its existence, makes it all the more glaring that they just made it up just because.

I still think infrared and ultraviolet are the coolest names
ᅠWe're only 9 days away from the 26th! Single digits!

Idk, weren't people at one point highly skeptical of the Let's Go logos as well?

In any case, I'd much prefer Crown/Scepter over King/Queen, simply because it doesn't sound nearly as gender specific. Any King/Queen can be wearing a crown or holding a scepter, so that makes it more of a neutral choice for the fanbase.

Also prefer them over something silly like Hot/Cold or Summer/Winter, bc at that point your're better off fully gimping Game of Thrones and simply calling it A Song of Ice & Fire.

People were very sceptical of Lets Go Logos and even when the version names were referred to in a earlier leak. I got attacked for stating it was a possibility saying it would never happen cause past version names.

I honestly think Gen 8 version names may be very well quite different in structure. There's honestly no way to know until reveal unless we get a earlier trademark sealing the deal.

People were very sceptical of Lets Go Logos and even when the version names were referred to in a earlier leak. I got attacked for stating it was a possibility saying it would never happen cause past version names.

I honestly think Gen 8 version names may be very well quite different in structure. There's honestly no way to know until reveal unless we get a earlier trademark sealing the deal.
That was because we never had titles like those, so we cannot really judge the logos.

That was because we never had titles like those, so we cannot really judge the logos.
It also didn't help that a home version of pokemon go was the last thing people would have thought of. So to be honest it really did sound like trolling.

But given the last couple gens, it will probably be [noun] and [noun] again. So it won't be as different as LGPE was. Besides dispite everything, LGPE is closer to a spin off than actual main series game. I still don't know why people count them as such.

I think gen 8 will have an arstyle simular to battle revolution, but with better graphicsView attachment 115910View attachment 115911View attachment 115912
Wouldn't it make more sense that it would have a LGPE crossed with SM/USUM style? Like the graphics of Let's Go, the not overly chibified art of Gen VII (but in higher quality.)

But given the last couple gens, it will probably be [noun] and [noun] again. So it won't be as different as LGPE was. Besides dispite everything, LGPE is closer to a spin off than actual main series game. I still don't know why people count them as such.
Because Game Freak counts them as main series games?

It also didn't help that a home version of pokemon go was the last thing people would have thought of. So to be honest it really did sound like trolling.

Gamefreak counts them as such officially, they made multiple statements at this in the conference, the official gamefreak website supports the company statements with the games being in the main line category officially and it has the same exact coding that the last few generations have present in their data. Personal opinion can get in the way of this and most cant see past the difference in catching and other things.
But for all intents and purposes its a main series game. That fact cant be disputed.

For me personally, I'd rather the Shadow Series counted as main series but eh Gamefreak is Gamefreak.

I don't believe so, there is an age limit for the trial captains mentioned, think its 11-19, but don't recall anyone specifically saying you are 11, they do mention you are old enough now to start the island challenge, but it doesn't say starting the island challenge and being a trial captain start at the same age. Could be wrong however, not certain.
And Calem/Serena in the games is probably the oldest playable MC,since emma is confirmed to be 16 and MC is Older than Emma. I think it's safe to assume MC is 17.

@Kaphotics on twitter just retweeted the SM Pokemon Direct announcement and nearly gave me a heart attack. I'm going to unfollow him.

@ the 4chan "leak" a few posts back, I had a nice laugh at the "royal type" mention. 123 new Pokemon would be nice though however.

I hope we step away from the Dragon type psuedo's. I get really tired of them after having gotten them 4 gens in a row (Salamence gets a pass because he had to share). Give some other underused types some love (Like Rock, Dark, Steel or Ice).

Personally I don't count Metagross, all the other Pseudos are "Draconic" even Tyranitar. Metagross doesn't have a 4x weakness either. Hydreigon didn't when it was revealed but that has since been retcon'd with the fairy type.

Personally I don't count Metagross, all the other Pseudos are "Draconic" even Tyranitar. Metagross doesn't have a 4x weakness either. Hydreigon didn't when it was revealed but that has since been retcon'd with the fairy type.

For me, its not about the look, its about the typing. We have Dragon looking Pokemon that aren't actually Dragon Typed (Charizard, Gyarados, Aerodactyl, Tyranitar, Sceptile, Aggron, Gen 4 fossils, Archen?, Scrafty, Heliolisk, Aurorus, Salazzle). I haven't even counted Mega Evolution, else i would also have included Amphaross.

Just mix it up a little bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom