• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Idk, weren't people at one point highly skeptical of the Let's Go logos as well?
But nobody was making fake leaks of the Let's Go logos. (or, at least, there weren't several versions, and nobody was posting it on Deviantart) This is our third version of Crown/Scepter, I'm pretty sure. If Crown/Scepter was really the next pair of games, why would they let their titles be used so commonly online?

And if I'm not mistaken, the titles for LGPE weren't released until pretty close to the announcement. The titles Crown and Scepter have been around since Dec 29 at least.

Also, this tweet's got a low-quality version of the leak, there's a higher quality that's been making the rounds.
In it, we can clearly see the legal info at the bottom of the page is in English, despite the logos being Japanese. That just doesn't make any sense.

Neither does, for that matter, having the hashtags in English. One glance through the Japanese twitter shows that they use Japanese hashtags, too.

Screenshots take a second to process. He could have tried taking one at 5:30 and it ended up processing at 5:29
So, to clarify, it went like this:

Masuda last year said:
Oops! My screenshot went off too late! Well, I'll just let 5:29 be a hint at 5/30, a totally different number. There's no point in trying again, editing the image, or using any other method to display 5:30.
Masuda this year said:
I'm going to create a Weedle with this exact CP to get this hint across.

Why the sudden change in personality?

Well Town is the most visually realistic game Gamefreak has ever done, so if we have something that looks like that or better, than Gen 8 will be a masterpiece.
To each their own. While the mountains look nice from afar, everything in the actual town is just okay.

If the Pokemon games really feature royalty as a theme, then Game Freak are pushing it after forcing a castle and a king into Town. It really isn't that great a theme.

To each their own. While the mountains look nice from afar, everything in the actual town is just okay.

If the Pokemon games really feature royalty as a theme, then Game Freak are pushing it after forcing a castle and a king into Town. It really isn't that great a theme.

Yeah thats the thing, because Gamefreak have never done well with this, Town shouldnt be their most visually impressive game within the last 20 + years lol

I wish that Monolith could assist Gamefreak with overworld visuals like they did with the last few LOZ games.

That screenshot of Lickitung from Detective Pikachu is a pretty good case against more realism in Pokemon in my opinion lol.
That thing gave me nightmares.

Thats what Pokemon would look like in reality, most wouldnt look cute or nice at all.

But I think a middle ground is def needed for Gen 8. Im all for 3D models with improved textures, but we need to move away from the plastic playdough like renders that LGPE had. Something more like Dragon Quest / Xenoblade would be nice just more simplified.

=< Makes me sad when people say that. They could look so much better than that.

I mean if just basing off the animals they are, they would look like that, but you could tone that and add more cuteness / cool appeal if wanting to move away from absolute realism.

In it, we can clearly see the legal info at the bottom of the page is in English, despite the logos being Japanese. That just doesn't make any sense.

Isn't the text next to "2019" korean for winter? And is that also korean in the lower right parts of the logos? Are korean pokemon logos normally like that?

Edit: I think it's all korean actually.
포켓몬스터 크라운
and
포켓몬스터 something which I assume is scepter.

Last edited:
That screenshot of Lickitung from Detective Pikachu is a pretty good case against more realism in Pokemon in my opinion lol.
That thing gave me nightmares.

I don’t think a realistic graphic is really necessary for a Pokémon game to be visually impressive.

From BOTW to DQXI, using cel shading in the right way and you still get a beautiful game. The problem with Pokémon in this department is that GF didnt really push on this side of the game so far.

Last edited:
I have a simple and rational whishlist:

Don't want a part dragon third legend, I mean it's been 5 gens in a row now. Actually it has been always part dragon since a third legend exists, definitively time to stop.
Main Legends need to be new, no more dragons, no more fairies, no more psychic, no more flying. Bug, Poison, Normal, Fighting, Grass and Rock would be good entries.

Fairy type was new and it needed attention. But now it's even more used than the old types, so no more fairy pandering in general would be cool too. Another look at the type chart could be useful. Bug, grass and rock need to be boosted with less weaknesses or more resistences. Bug, Normal, Poison, Steel types need better moves.

Water type starters need more speed, not saying 120+ but please no more 70- for at least 6 gens.

No new op mechanic to pokemon that don't need it. Maractus is a pokemon too, make it and all its forgotten friends useful somehow. Garchomp and Lucario can live peacefully with their op stats spread, moves coverage and megas.

Stop deleting cool features. 23 years playing pokemon, still not understanding why the dexnav cannot reach Alola but Vulpix and Grimer could. It's really absurd that we have to hope for a feature like following pokemon to return in gen 8 when it was introduced 10 years ago and well received by everyone who plays pokemon. A mega evolution or a simple evolution could save a lot of pokemon, use them.

No more returning stupid features just for nostalgia. We don't need trees in our lives GF, we don't want to use cut. We don't need grid graphics. Please take note for next remakes.

You can create difficult games, you created usum and bw2. Keep going or let us choose at the beginning. Things like "find the hiker" should disappear from the pokemon franchise. Delete the hikers if you have too.
Make easier overcomplicated things for competitive players, like reaching lv100 or iv training. Pokemon like Smeargle and Amoongoos need to be nerfed.

Last, but really important, stop Kanto. I don't want to see anything related to Kanto. I don't even want to see the number 1 in these games. Start from route 2.

I mean if just basing off the animals they are, they would look like that, but you could tone that and add more cuteness / cool appeal if wanting to move away from absolute realism.
=/ Well it's just that the movie didn't try to convert any of the pokemon to more realistic proportions so pretty much everything looks like a creepy animatronic. I think they could have been modeled a hell of a lot better and more believably than that.

Lickitung is probably the one I'm most impressed by, actually, but it could have used a different tongue texture. Reference a dog's tongue, it's not that gross. XD You really don't have to make them more cute or cool- just reference real life better. Animals aren't naturally disturbing to look at, so why should pokemon be?

Fripp as in the guitarist of King Crimson? I doubt we will get a prog rock soundtrack, but now I want that.

Yes :) :)
I think that working together with old and new Pokemon composers, and various others, certainly including Tony Levin, they would create a very astonishing soundtrack together!!

Honestly, I don't care if they don't add more legendary dragons in the game, just you know, work on fixing certain flaws with the current ones. Also, is Game Freak allergic to giving Ice-type Pokemon physical Ice-type moves or something? Because that's what it seems like to me.

I think realistic pokemon should look like this

or something like pokken
I don't like detective pikachu's style at all. Pokémon aren't supposed to look like real animals, so stop turning them into them

Last, but really important, stop Kanto. I don't want to see anything related to Kanto. I don't even want to see the number 1 in these games. Start from route 2.
Erm, technically X/Y started with Route 2 and you know how much references to Kanto they had.

I don't like detective pikachu's style at all. Pokémon aren't supposed to look like real animals, so stop turning them into them

Doesn't help that they chose that one guy that made those viral and horrific real life Pokémon.

I think realistic pokemon should look like thisView attachment 115915
or something like pokken
I would go more for this-
pokemon__bulbasaur__ivysaur__venusaur_by_twodd-d7lznjp.jpg

Realistic proportions, good textures, and reasonably-sized eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom