• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of all the main series games, Let's Go is the least main series out of anything. I mean with that logic it's almost as if they're trying to make Go a main series game.
I don't see why? It's not like they're trying to make Bank count as a main series game because Bank connects to the main series.
View attachment 115919

These conspiracies are getting wild with Weedle being Pokémon no 13 lol

For Zell's statement to be related to Masuda's hint, either Masuda's hinting would have to be planned out in advance and shared somewhere, or Zell would have a personal connection to Masuda. Neither seems very likely.

I don't see why? It's not like they're trying to make Bank count as a main series game because Bank connects to the main series.

For Zell's statement to be related to Masuda's hint, either Masuda's hinting would have to be planned out in advance and shared somewhere, or Zell would have a personal connection to Masuda. Neither seems very likely.

Exactly

This is getting way out of hand lol

This is how desperate the fandom is getting

Have you considered the possibility that the King Zell account is merely a duplicate Masuda account in disguise?

I just find the whole thing to be a hilarious coincidence. No doubt, regardless of what announcement we get on Pokemon Day (I'm going to trust Paul on this for now), this Weedle is going to be attributed with being a vague hint in some way and the fact that 13 is involved just makes it extra crazy.

I mean, starving animals do tend to get desperate to find food. :p

I'm staking out my prey right now. Masuda hasn't posted yet today. Scavenging on 4chan has become too dangerous.

At this point, the only thing Pokémon-related I'm waiting for is that Project SpaceWorld update, because unlike the Gen VIII announcement, we have an actual date for that.

EDIT: And, apparently, it's just someone streaming the beta for the Pokéthon. sigh I should have checked Twitter before posting this. Oh well, there's a chance there's something special anyway because apparently there's going to be a surprise.

My only thought this whole time is that it's just a FUCKING WEEDLE. Like idk if anyone had mentioned this but other than what everyone else has pointed out, there is nothing special about Weedle.

Who hurt you?

More tasty meat (actually Tofu) for the starved masses.

I work helping with the international releases. That's all I'm willing to say, as there's a microscope over every department right now making sure nothing leaks before the big reveal.

* We don't know the titles yet and wont until just before the reveal. There's mock-up art with placeholders, but no version names yet. Everything's ready to be typed in and published. Given the theme of the game, King/Queen & Crown/Scepter are appropriate.

* The game takes place in a "near-future" western medieval country. UK was an influence, but there are prominent Italian/Roman elements. They want to avoid it being too similar to Kalos. Most major game changes are explained away by technology/human influence on Pokemon over time.

* The secret Team/Gang this time is a conservative/traditionalist faction, feeling the world and Pokemon are becoming too numerous and out of control. Men wear goofy powdered wigs and suits, women in Victorian gowns with fancy hair. Leader is referred to as royalty.

* Massive overhaul and rebalance of the Pokemon. A lot of the Gen 1-2 mons have been retyped, and there are now only 16 types. Some weakness/resists have been changed. Bank still works but is like a reverse time capsule. Mons downloaded to Gen 8 are converted, given a special marker, and are unable to be sent back to previous games.

* Related to above, there was a strong push with the new Switch engine to redo how pokemon data is stored, including data encryption. Team is very aware of programs like PKHex. Strong culture shift to make the game viable for "professional" competitions.

* Lowest number of mons added, around 40, but regional variants from Gens 2-3. A lot of Steel types. Theme is "mutation" or "enhancement" so there are several new weird type combinations. Many ideas have been scrapped for being "too similar" to other mons.

* Longest part of development has been rebuilding the engine. Let's Go was a test, which is why stuff was cut and recycled.

Yum, another leak to dissect (my thoughts in Bold):

I work helping with the international releases. That's all I'm willing to say, as there's a microscope over every department right now making sure nothing leaks before the big reveal.
That's still endangering your job.

* We don't know the titles yet and wont until just before the reveal. There's mock-up art with placeholders, but no version names yet. Everything's ready to be typed in and published. Given the theme of the game, King/Queen & Crown/Scepter are appropriate.
Not again. At this point I want the game as far from the UK as possible.

* The game takes place in a "near-future" western medieval country. UK was an influence, but there are prominent Italian/Roman elements. They want to avoid it being too similar to Kalos. Most major game changes are explained away by technology/human influence on Pokemon over time.
I have a bad feeling about this...

* The secret Team/Gang this time is a conservative/traditionalist faction, feeling the world and Pokemon are becoming too numerous and out of control. Men wear goofy powdered wigs and suits, women in Victorian gowns with fancy hair. Leader is referred to as royalty.
This may beat Team Flare as the team with the most ridiculous appearance.

* Massive overhaul and rebalance of the Pokemon. A lot of the Gen 1-2 mons have been retyped, and there are now only 16 types. Some weakness/resists have been changed. Bank still works but is like a reverse time capsule. Mons downloaded to Gen 8 are converted, given a special marker, and are unable to be sent back to previous games.
Yeah, right. I doubt they will ever do this.

* Related to above, there was a strong push with the new Switch engine to redo how pokemon data is stored, including data encryption. Team is very aware of programs like PKHex. Strong culture shift to make the game viable for "professional" competitions.
If there's something I know about Pokémon hackers, is that doing that won't stop them. In fact, they will take that as a challenge.

* Lowest number of mons added, around 40, but regional variants from Gens 2-3. A lot of Steel types. Theme is "mutation" or "enhancement" so there are several new weird type combinations. Many ideas have been scrapped for being "too similar" to other mons.
A region full of Steel Pokémon? No, just, no... Also, being too similar to other Pokémon has not stopped Game Freak of including them. In fact, with the exception of the flower rabbit and the Dolly Pokémon, most of the excluded Pokémon don't have an exact reason of exclusion.

* Longest part of development has been rebuilding the engine. Let's Go was a test, which is why stuff was cut and recycled.
And this is were the leak fails. Held items and abilities were not cut from LGPE, they were just disabled. This is why we know Meltan and Melmetal's abilities.

I sincerely doubt they will overhaul the system like they are doing, specially when Game Freak has been given the chance to change things but they have not. I guess it's because they want to keep things more or less consistent unless they add a major change like megas or a new type.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom