• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one thinking that due to this stunt, they shot themselves in the foot about anyone ever believing the Space World demo?

They should have cut out the ROM hack and the front sprite restorations all together and just dumped what they had like normal.

Not exactly. Unlike this time, the Spaceworld demo has a lot of info that confirms that they are real. Even the blurry pics from afar match the info we have. The person that drew fanart of the Spaceworld Pokémon and took a picture of Honoguma also confirmed they are real. Judging by their description of the demo, they played Silver since they never mention Hoppip, who also got a major redesign.

On the other hand, I do admit that what they did was wrong, and should have been handled better. Maybe even just talk about the development of the Pokémon series instead.

Regarding one of the 'leaks':
+-40 Pokémon would be far too few, too. There are already 15 with only the starters and the regional rodent/bird/bug. There is almost always a pseudo-legendary line of 3 mons, at least 3 legendaries (2 covers and one 'trio-leader') and 3 mythicals for events. That makes 24 already. Only +-16 spots left.

That's nothing.

EDIT 5: Blastoise and Squirtle/Wartortle were originally unrelated. Blastoise had a pre-evolution while Wartortle evolved into something more similar to it.
That's actually kind of hilarious to me.

Game Freak: Alright, and those are our designs for the Squirtle line, the blue turtle serving as our Water-type starter! Do we all like the design for the final stage?
Pokemon designer who missed the past five meetings: Hey guys where can we put my giant blue turtle Pokemon?
Game Freak: Oh, you have an alternate design for the last stage of Squirtle?
Designer, tossing the prevo into the trashcan: Yeah dude totally!

Pokémon Noble and Pokémon Regent

That's a really awkward pair of names. A regent in the royal sense is someone who runs a country when the monarch can't-that'd be like Pokemon Teacher and Pokemon Substitute.
Pokemon Regent legendary said:
I said whoever threw that Poke Ball, your mom's a hoe!

Gyms have been made to be similar to the trials--only instead of battling wild Pokémon as you do throughout a trial, you battle trainers.

This is... just regular gyms????

The main city serves as a kind of hub world. It will be the location for most of the online modes and in the post-game an area unlocks that is kind of like the battle subway from Gen V. It's based on the London Underground.
They're taking the Festival Plaza approach again? Or is the player going to have to literally go back to the city to trade/battle? That'd be terrible...

There is a new evolution mechanic that will involve certain "compatible" Pokémon like Mew and Mewtwo. It's a bit similar to the way that Meltan evolves. It will be featured in the new movie.

That sounds a lot like the idea of fusion, and if we're getting that as an evolution method, how are they going to deal with already-established fusions, like Kyurem and Necrozma? Will they just become permanent? Or will they be able to devolve, making the switch from form change to evolution totally unnecessary?

There's cool stuff in it to be sure (I especially love the idea of unraveling the mystery behind the evil team on your own time), but these points make me think it's definitely fake.

To me, I hope they do fusions, but only on the right time and game.

B/W-kyurem and DM/DW Necrozma are fusions so it's not like the idea never came to their mind. If they've done it twice it's not impossible they'll do it again. Not a fan honestly.

Oh right, there was another leak to dissect (my thoughts in bold):

Pokémon Noble and Pokémon Regent
Sincerely, I don't like the names.

Region is based on England and Northern Ireland
Again??? I don't know if I should laugh or cry.

Graphics are similar to Pokken--only models are more cell-shaded like in Town and Breath of the Wild
The thing that comes to my mind is something like Street Fighter x Tekken. I'll give this the benefit of doubt since I'm trying to picture that.

Colors are red and gold for Noble and royal blue and gold for Regent
Blue and Silver would have been a better combination in my opinion.

The game is very non-linear and made for exploration. After you get to the region's main city (based on London) and have the first gym badge, you can challenge the rest of the gyms in any order.
I don't think this will ever happen. Aside from it being an JRPG (which are known for being linear), there's also the fact that no monster catching game has been open world.

Gyms have been made to be similar to the trials--only instead of battling wild Pokémon as you do throughout a trial, you battle trainers.
That's... no different from what they normally do.

The story of the evil team of the region was divided into independent missions or "parts" that fit together like a puzzle. The player can experience any of them in any order and they form a somewhat coherent story by the end of things.
Again, I doubt they will ever do this.

There are a lot more cutscenes in the game than in Sun and Moon, but the transition from gameplay to cutscene is very smooth.
I guess this is possible.

The main city serves as a kind of hub world. It will be the location for most of the online modes and in the post-game an area unlocks that is kind of like the battle subway from Gen V. It's based on the London Underground.
So, nothing original in the battle facility front. Specially since that's been done before.

There is a new evolution mechanic that will involve certain "compatible" Pokémon like Mew and Mewtwo. It's a bit similar to the way that Meltan evolves. It will be featured in the new movie.
No. Every but this. Mewtwo doesn't need anything else. Just let him be. He didn't even need Megas.

About 110 new Pokémon including mythicals. Getting mythicals will be somewhat like it was in Gen IV. Nintendo Online members will get access to event items that will unlock new missions and side-stories in which the mythical can be obtained.
Isn't that a number a little bit higher than what they normally do now?

Trainer customization is back and includes more options that ever before.
This is a little bit obvious.

You can designate a Partner Pokémon to follow you and/or ride on. This Pokémon doesn't have to be in your party. If it's not in your party, the Pokémon will not be able to battle or gain exp. However, it will be shown beside your trainer during battles.
This would actually be cool.

Like someone else in this thread said, this is actually more like a wishlist than anything. I sincerely doubt we will get open world in Pokémon. The fact that they mention an evolution for Mew and Mewtwo make me even more sceptic (mostly because they don't deserve it). I think this is fake.

The fusions we have seen are usually not of the Digimon-kind. It fits the bio of the Pokémon.

Such is not the case with Mew/Mewtwo.

I'm also confident that we'll still see plenty of 'generic' animal/plantlife next generation, as it's one of Gamefreak's designphilosophies to create a living world full of creatures that could live there (mentioned in an interview that they don't create creatures just because they're cute or anything; they should fit the region).

Yeah, their is literally no way they make all the gyms accesible after the first gym, since that is also a problem world building wise, since it means they need to lock out certain OP mons until the Victory Road (I assume you cannot acces it before you have 8 badges), which includes the Psudeo line. Basically, this makes some Pokemon pointless, since their is no way people are going with a team of 3 or 4 (Depending on what Pokemon are Victory Road locked) for the entire playthrough and then the lvl scaling issue with a Pokemon that is locked in Victory Road (This one has to be at least above lvl 45, possibly higher).

Its also a problem for the NPC trainers in the region, since their lvls need to be scaled accordingly to where you are in the game.

Coding this does more harm than good for Gamefreak.

Not really? I don't see how it would. If it "causes harm" that just means that they did it wrong.

I’m fine with either approach, though I’d say doing a good open works is not easy, as many software houses failed to deliver in this regard. And given how GF usually operates, I’d say that if they want to tackle an open world Pokémon game, they might wait until
they’re familiar enough with the Switch.

Howewer, in regards of open world and freedom of pursuing your path freely, for example in regards of gyms challenge, they’re not exactly the same.

Taking for example Dragon Age Inquisition and The Witcher 3, both games are massive open world games, that howewer separate their areas in regions that you have to access with a loading screen (DAI more so then TW3), as well as a level cap preventing you to go in certain areas.

While I’m not saying those features will be in Pokémon, GF can still create the game world massive and open world-like, while having restrictions in reaching certain areas before certain events. This way the game will have a focus on exploration with large areas and not routes, without giving full freedom to explore the world as we want.

I’m fine with either approach, though I’d say doing a good open works is not easy, as many software houses failed to deliver in this regard. And given how GF usually operates, I’d say that if they want to tackle an open world Pokémon game, they might wait until
they’re familiar enough with the Switch.

Howewer, in regards of open world and freedom of pursuing your path freely, for example in regards of gyms challenge, they’re not exactly the same.

Taking for example Dragon Age Inquisition and The Witcher 3, both games are massive open world games, that howewer separate their areas in regions that you have to access with a loading screen (DAI more so then TW3), as well as a level cap preventing you to go in certain areas.

While I’m not saying those features will be in Pokémon, GF can still create the game world massive and open world-like, while having restrictions in reaching certain areas before certain events. This way the game will have a focus on exploration with large areas and not routes, without giving full freedom to explore the world as we want.

DAI is not Open World, since you cannot acces certain areas before doing some quests. If its Open World, you can acces everything from the start of the game, else its not OPEN.

Witcher 3 is basically the same, since the lvl scaling is a problem.

DAI is not Open World, since you cannot acces certain areas before doing some quests. If its Open World, you can acces everything from the start of the game, else its not OPEN.

Witcher 3 is basically the same, since the lvl scaling is a problem.

They’re called open world RPGs by their new own developers. Truthfully, I’d call them semi-open world games, since they can’t be considered linear either, but the reasoning is the same, at least in regards of the linear vs open world debate for Pokémon. I doubt those that support the former would be fine with a game comparable in size of areas of either DAI or TW3.

Yknow... pokemon titles always reflect the content of the game somehow. Gold/silver reflected ththe legendaries of johto and their key items, same for emerald/ruby/sapphire/DPP/BW; X&Y dictated the shape theme as well, sun and moon the lore...

So like, what would crown and scepter imply? I dont think a crown or a scepter would say too much about a Pokemon in particular, neither could noble/regent. These names aren't very opposite either whereas every other title is a direct contrast to the other.

That's just my take anyway. I finally caught up to all 30 pages I missed and honestly tempted to post a Groudon again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom