• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What did Shiny Gogoat originally look like ?

Are we in the darkest timeline with this drought? Or would the darkest timeline be one where the games are delayed?
Either way, after hyping myself up for AC news in the Direct, I'm keeping my expectations of news for anything I'm waiting on as low as I can.

Are we in the darkest timeline with this drought? Or would the darkest timeline be one where the games are delayed?
Either way, after hyping myself up for AC news in the Direct, I'm keeping my expectations of news for anything I'm waiting on as low as I can.
No, this is not the darkest timeline. The darkest timeline would be if the games got cancelled. I don't want to know how the fandom would react to that.

No, this is not the darkest timeline. The darkest timeline would be if the games got cancelled. I don't want to know how the fandom would react to that.
I was going to suggest cancellation, but then I though I shouldn't say it out loud (or I guess type it out) just to be safe. I don't think we'd survive the aftermath of that kind of announcement. shudders

I was going to suggest cancellation, but then I though I shouldn't say it out loud (or I guess type it out) just to be safe. I don't think we'd survive the aftermath of that kind of announcement. shudders
I can see it already...

Ishihara: Due to difficulty with the switch we will be cancelling the next games until better hardware is released sorry.

Twitter down
Reddit hysteria
4 chan *full of leakers claming they knew this would happen but know about new hardware releaseing later this year because their uncle who works at nintendo told them so
Bulbapedia every thread is closed due to flaming

I threw together a quick little concept of how I think Gen 8 could look (best case scenario)
Take the models for Go and Lets GO and put on a background thats a sizeable leap from what we have now, similar to Pokken Tournament or Battle Revolution in HD.

From what we've seen of TOWN (Which is most definitely just an engine test for this) I dont think it's too farfathed to have something in this ballpark in terms of graphics, though I expect the artstyle to be consistent with a cel shaded anime look.

I don't think Legendary Pokemon are modeled after the titles--at least not for gold/silver. Ho-Oh debuted on episode 1 in the anime.

In any case, my point is that the titles need to make sense in the game. Crown & Sceptre doesnt make much sense imo

View attachment 115950

I threw together a quick little concept of how I think Gen 8 could look (best case scenario)
Take the models for Go and Lets GO and put on a background thats a sizeable leap from what we have now, similar to Pokken Tournament or Battle Revolution in HD.

From what we've seen of TOWN (Which is most definitely just an engine test for this) I dont think it's too farfathed to have something in this ballpark in terms of graphics, though I expect the artstyle to be consistent with a cel shaded anime look.

This is the most realistic approach, definitely agreed.

View attachment 115950

Hmm ... looks a little too busy for my liking, but then again I am more used to the simplistic backgrounds of Gen 3/4

View attachment 115950

is the hp bar idea is from kingdom hearts ? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom