• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man I wish there were more pokemon picture 'leaks'. I like those so much better. The logo picture's great and all that but COME ON GUYS, MAKE SOME FAKEMONS. I wanna get excited for the critters I'm gonna be collecting already! Also I want to see the fire starter I will inevitably choose because I always pick the fire starter for my first run through.

I'm more of a visual person than a wordy one when it comes to learning about games like this.

Hmmm, he's still vague about it with his "I don't know what soon is"-tweet.

So, yeah, it might be a calculated guess then.

Last edited:
Reminder that the king/queen logos are fake Crown svg file, Tiara svg, Crown vector, Crown cut, Princess crown svg, King crown svg, Crown clipart, Queen crown cricut, Crown silhouette

Last edited:
What colors/object-y things do you guys think/hope the next games will be? Last year, (light)Green and (dark)Pink were what I thought would be most likely, but then James Turner made his picture and said there weren't any hints in it, so I'm guessing G/P are off the table-- it'd be weird to say that it had no hints if those wind up being the colors. I'm not sure what other colors would be most likely, unless we suddenly got metals again, like Bronze and Brass or something-- though I feel like titles are moving away from the "small-scale" (colors/metals/gemstones) to the more abstract, universal (XY planes, celestial bodies). If they keep going with celestial bodies, I wonder if they'd limit their choices to the planets you can see with the naked eye, or if they'd just pick from all of them.
My top choices for planet names (in no particular order) would be:

-Mercury(light brown) and Pluto(slate grey)=> First vs last. They're both small planets (technically not Pluto, but most people would fight you if you said that), and kind of opposites (M is rocky and hot, P is icy and cold)
-Mars(rust red) and Neptune(storm blue) => The red and blue that Pokemon likes to fall back on, and they're representing the two types of planets (Terrestrial and Jovian)
-Mars(rust red) and Venus(brown/yellow/goldish) => These names were in a "leak" previously, but they still work for me because of the differences in the planets (Mars is mostly still and fairly cold, Venus is very stormy and hot as heck)
-Jupiter/Saturn('tween red and tan) and Neptune/Uranus(shades of blue to cyan) => Though probably not Uranus due to certain pronunciations, there is a difference between J/S and N/U even though they're all Jovian planets-- their compositions and even some of their internal structure is very different. I could also see them just going with Jupiter and Saturn, though
-Jupiter(orange-red) and Pluto(slate grey) => Largest planet vs Smallest planet(again, Pluto, but most people don't care about the reclassification). J is hot and gaseous, P is cold and icy.
-Pluto(slate grey) and Eris(light grey) => Smallest planets (though iirc, Eris never made it to planet status, and it's partly due to Eris that P got reclassified)/ closest Kuiper Belt Objects. They're the most well known Dwarf Planets.
-Pluto /Eris(same as before) and Ceres(light brown) => Similar reasoning to the previous one. Ceres is the only DP in the inner solar system (largest object in the Asteroid Belt) vs the largest objects in the KB, so you get that same "warm vs cool" effect, as well

If not planets, maybe they'd go for constellations instead? Or they'll just get more earth-bound objects/ concepts.

I wonder the names are not in kanji? Pokémon Red, Green, Blue, Gold and Silver were all officially written in kanji, then the rest was all in katakana, but hiragana has never been used for main series titles. Even with Sun and Moon, the titles were just the English words in katakana and not the Japanese words for sun and moon in kanji. On top of that, こくおう (written with the characters of 'country' and 'king') sounds pretty weird when comparing it to じょおう (written with the characters for 'female' and 'king').
Edit:
Ninja'd...

Last edited:
What I find interesting is that we're not in the "what will next pokemon games be called" fase anymore. People seem to simply look for the "real" logos. Guys, I feel like we are really close to the announcement and King and Queen may be the actual names and an UK region may be happening afterall.
Not saying that any of the "leaks" is real but that we are getting close to Pokemon Day and that rumors and "leaks" seem to merge somehow into the regalty theme.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom