• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dare suggest we will not see a game in 2019

TrollFreak is going to push the release date into Jan 2020 for the giggles.

They wouldn't do this unless they were having trouble with the game's engine or something; either that or wanting to tweak the game further to be "perfect" upon release.

Honestly just ready for leak season to be over already. I'm even tired of England & the U.K. now due to the amount of "leaks" surrounding it, and wouldn't mind Poke'China or something unique. A reveal either next week or early March seems most plausible to me, and really fits with the whole not wanting to reveal things too quickly like with Sun & Moon.

I find it hilarious how King Zell just says "keep it up" and it's immediately big news. He could sneeze and it would be Gen 8 confirmed.

That's what happens when a fanbase starts starving for info. Every single movement of anyone who can be rationalized to have a shred of credibility gets torn apart for scraps. ;)

Then, the opposite becomes true. With a glut of information, like the info we got going into SM, even credible stuff gets called out as fake. I remember many people, even Merrick iirc, claiming the final starter evos were obviously fake when they first leaked.

I dont know i got a gut feeling the next pokemon games names are gonna be a shape like pokemon square and pokemon circle? But i dont know i had this dream they would go for simpler names with deeper meaning and square and circle got that for me

Much like how I've done this before, I've done it once more: I've kept quite the close watch to this thread, despite keeping quiet. With my own optimism, I originally predicted that, by the 1300-1350 mark of this thread, we would've gotten something new - at least the titles of the games. I felt rather disheartened when nothing happened by then, or the many pages thereafter, especially with the many "leaks" we've gotten...and now, I feel quite hopeful about the reveals coming soon. In fact, I've held onto this hope of mine since after this month's Nintendo Direct - because there is now potential to be a Pokémon Direct coming soon. And, quite frankly, even if we don't get anything within the next week, I still sincerely believe that we will get something before the end of March.
I feel quite happy knowing that this thread has made a lot of progress since then. I'm glad that we now have something to look forward to, as low or as high as our expectations may be. The fact that we have something is quite the progress, if you'd like my personal opinion. I'm sincerely looking forward to next week, and the upcoming month, as well. Despite keeping my expectations in check, I still have no reason to not be optimistic, and I feel like this should be applied to the participants of this thread, as well. I recommend keeping your expectations moderated, but I also recommend being optimistic, too.

I would like to argue that, unless if something quite critical affected the current development, such as the sudden loss of all programming thus far as a random example, they will keep the current release date. I say "current development", but odds are, the game is probably already finished by this rate, and they're likely working on localizations by now - that'd be my hunch. I highly doubt they would suddenly push the date back; the game is definitely coming out this year.

People keep answering this seriously but I've been assuming that this statement was a joke. XD

...it was a joke, right? Because we know for fact that the games are releasing this year.

This thread has totally killed people's ability to detect humor, I swear- myself included.

People keep answering this seriously but I've been assuming that this statement was a joke. XD

...it was a joke, right? Because we know for fact that the games are releasing this year.

This thread has totally killed people's ability to detect humor, I swear- myself included.
Oh, no. It's not like I didn't figure that was a joke, as it most likely is, given the wording. Considering the fact that it's worth mentioning and reminding, I just thought it'd be worth replying to and give my own opinions. More optimism is always a good thing, though that also shouldn't be confused by getting your hopes up.

I feel like "keep it up" might mean "keep guessing, you're getting there".

Yes :) I think a similar ambiguous but encouraging phrase is within the opening sentence of the official announcement/introduction:

This Pokémon Day is sure to be huge, with exciting news and events celebrating more than 20 years of Pokémon fun.

I do like interpreting it as referencing the idea of the game environment being larger than it ever has been before. Although that is probably going to be true: it certainly won't be smaller and probably not the same size either!!

Im keen to see the new starters, but I also understand that also means that will bring on the people who once hated Gen 7 starters, will love them after all this time and will bag the shit out of the Gen 8 starters and why they suck badly LOL

Im keen to see the new starters, but I also understand that also means that will bring on the people who once hated Gen 7 starters, will love them after all this time and will bag the shit out of the Gen 8 starters and why they suck badly LOL
This is honestly something I don’t get. If you hate or dislike a gen’s starters, that shouldn’t change after new ones are showing, even if they might not be good.

For my preferences Gen V had my least favourite trio of starters, and a subsequent generation of starters being bad won’t change the fact I didn’t like much the V starters.

This is honestly something I don’t get. If you hate or dislike a gen’s starters, that shouldn’t change after new ones are showing, even if they might not be good.

For my preferences Gen V had my least favourite trio of starters, and a subsequent generation of starters being bad won’t change the fact I didn’t like much the V starters.

This is something the general pokemon community has, as soon as one gen has ended and a new one comes, the hate and love meter goes up so the just recently old gen is good even though it was mocked to buggery and the new one is shit lol Happens every Generation and never will stop.

This brings up an exciting point!
I sort of feel as though they will have attempted to make Gen 8 the best possible Pokemon games (even more than they usually would), including trying to have all of the Pokemon and character designs and overall visual presentation of this game be really exceptional!

I'm not sure how accurate this concept will turn out to be, but, I feel like they have definitely put more effort into this game in whichever ways were possible!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom