• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone please get that tiger away from the kids. >=/ Tony was never like this.

You should eat your cereal so you can be big & STRONK like Incineroar
ZoanthropeHenry.128.979713.jpg

Honestly, I'm just happy that it wasn't a Fire/Fighting type, like the starter leak was vaguely hinting towards. A Dark type Heel wrestler based on Tiger-mask actually isn't a bad concept, even though I also wanted a normal quadruped Tiger or Panther like some of the fakemon art. Gen 8 starters can be dog-shit for all I care, just don't repeat Fire/Fighting and we're all gravy.

When it comes to starters, and new Pokémon overall, I personally want them to do something that's completely different and unpredictable.
A few examples I could give would be:

A Grass/Ice-type
A Fire/Normal-type
And a Water/Psychic-type

I would love to see how Game Freak would incorporate the typings above into actual starter designs, for instance. It would be quite interesting to see what kind of concepts they could blend with these typings, and how well they could make it work. That's what I find to be rather fascinating about new Pokémon, their typings and their designs. The concept of a Pokémon's overall design is among the most interesting things about a new generation, because it showcases their creativity, and what they can do. That's why I'd much rather have something unpredictable and unexpected.

I doubt they will do this since they are possibly going to use X/Y's models again, but I would like for them to go back to the Stadium/Colosseum animations. I have been playing Colosseum and XD and the models seemed more full of life than Gen VI's, specially since they had context-sensitive animations. For example, if a Pokémon used Fire Punch, it actually punched. The knock out animations also looked more fun.

To be fair to Gen 7, though- Rowlet is one of the best starter designs ever, just on its own. Litten was also a good design and Popplio is a precious little doof, so if the new starters get hate compared to them, you gotta know that the bar was set pretty high to begin with.

Although Incineroar... I hope to heck they didn't manage to make a final starter evo that I'd hate more than Incineroar. Nothing is ever going to make me love Incineroar.
Ngl, rowlet is one of my least favorite starters. I don't hate it, but I guess I don't get why people like it. Is it because it's round? I don't like the colors or face very much. I love decidueye though.

I also hated incineroar at first, but I grew to love it.

Edit: Also loved torracat. Big paws kitty.

Although Incineroar... I hope to heck they didn't manage to make a final starter evo that I'd hate more than Incineroar. Nothing is ever going to make me love Incineroar.
Oi mate put em up we gonna fite nao (9>->)9

As someone who started with Blue version way back when and who's played fire red AND leaf green... STOP TALKING ABOUT KANTO, NINTENDO. I AM 100% DONE WITH YOUR WHITE-BREAD ASS REGION. YOU PROVED WITH LET'S GO PIKACHU/EEVEE YOU AINT WILLING TO CHANGE ANYTHING IN IT. And unless you do something about that bland stale generic region I have no interest in seeing it mentioned AT ALL.

Personally I'm not really sure I care about the typings? Granted new combinations would greatly be appreciated but as long as they are marketable and ones that people actually love and want (without the Fire/Fighting being a final stage).

If we are talking about type combos, I'd like to share my custom chart. This shows which pokemon fill all the type combinations currently. Final evolutions only unless the previous evolution has a dual type that is unique to the evolution. Alternate Formes are only shown when it is different than the base form. I really want Electric/Grass and Electric/Ice to be used again since those are only taken by Rotom forms. Really surprised we haven't gotten a Fire/Fairy yet. I'm hoping that honor goes to the Gen 8 starter.

Oi mate put em up we gonna fite nao (9>->)9

As someone who started with Blue version way back when and who's played fire red AND leaf green... STOP TALKING ABOUT KANTO, NINTENDO. I AM 100% DONE WITH YOUR WHITE-BREAD ASS REGION. YOU PROVED WITH LET'S GO PIKACHU/EEVEE YOU AINT WILLING TO CHANGE ANYTHING IN IT. And unless you do something about that bland stale generic region I have no interest in seeing it mentioned AT ALL.
Ok, ok, calm down. I'm sure they got your point.

Now, if tomorrow there's Johto, this thing could be interesting:

View: https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/1098379827868889093

20: Kanto
21: Johto
22: Hoenn
23: Sinnoh
24: Unova
25: Kalos
26: Alola
27: Another funny and meaningless countdown to bring hope.

How interesting, indeed.
It is also worth noting that they've uploaded the same video onto their Youtube channel. If they do choose to make a "tribute", as I believe would be easier to refer to, to Johto tomorrow, then this essentially means that they're not only posting Pokémon facts for Kanto Pokémon every day, but tribute videos to the regions, as well. Two separate daily tweets, in which may or may not have some sort of relevancy towards the inevitable reveal of the eight generation. If they upload a video for Johto, then I would like to admit that I find it rather curious how they're doing two things - possibly two "countdowns", with quite the emphasis - at once. A tribute to the Kanto Pokédex, and a tribute to the regions in the world of Pokémon.

Whether this has any correlation to a reveal or not is a mystery, though it's interesting, and rather curious, as well.

That video is anime-focused. It could very well be a pre-cursor to an announcement of a Blu Ray collection (currently limited to Kanto) or some merchandise line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom