• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
About the recent leak, I do hope that it’s fake and regional variants are back in Gen 8. Expecially because I’d like to see the gimmick used on Pokémon of other generations then I.
I think that there will be more regional variants because I don't think that they would create the umbrella term of "regional variants" if only one region has them.

The subject line is also "anyone can fake a leak"

Instant proof of a fake, obviously.

I will say, this one is more believable than many others have been. I do hope to see the continuation of regional variants, though. Speciation is something that I think fits into the world rather nicely, I'd be sad to see it used as a one-off gimmick.

Chubbybara is a hilarious name for your obvious fake leak; ten points.

I think that there will be more regional variants because I don't think that they would create the umbrella term of "regional variants" if only one region has them.

Actually not sure about that one, have they officially refered to them as that? Or just Alolan forms?

Actually not sure about that one, have they officially refered to them as that? Or just Alolan forms?
Calls them regional variants here-

They'd be nuts to toss out a concept like regional variants. People have done art of variant pokemon even before this so to remove such an already loved idea would be pretty foolish to me. Why choose mega evolutions over variants, or variants over evolutions. Pourque no las dos?

Nothing against having both, I just prefer megas, and really hope they return.

I liked the megas, but variants allow for multiple in one pop (unless they're being lame like with cubone and exeggcute) and forms that are more than battle flair.

Look I get it, but Megas just appeal more to me. I like that a lot of them are a bit OP, that's why you can only use one of them and not use an item. Luxray, for example is one of my favourite pokemon and I would love to see a mega for it. A regional form would be underwhelming, that feels like a different pokemon, not an upgrade on the pokemon itself. But different strokes for different folks, that's why I think doing both would be the best option. Maybe even Megas of Pokemon with regional forms, imagine like a Cubonite, that could Mega evolve both Cubone and A-Cubone, and they both excel in different areas.

In a perfect world, there’d be both Megaevolutions and regional variants.

If I have to pick one to choose from, though, I’d pick the latter, expecially because they can have megaevolutions of Gen IV in the remakes.

Honestly I would be fine with that, if they don't add any in the new games, but the DPP remakes.

Are there any other relevant forum/threads that are quite active and talk about Gen 8 other than this one and the ResetEra one?

Does anyone else feel like pokemon lost some charm when they moved to 3d?

Quite the opposite, I feel like the fully animated 3D models allow so much more personality and charm to be included that 2D sprites can't capture. Zigzagoon's attack animation is one example. It's adorable and only adds to the charm of the pokemon.

Edit for a further thought: I have also noticed many details in the designs of some pokemon that I never saw in their 2D sprites. I would give a specific example, but this new billing software at work has driven out that capability temporarily.

Last edited:
Due to his comma placement, he’s technically saying his name (or title) is literally: Nicholas Quevedo in 2038.
The comma should be just after his name, not the year.
I guess I was just assuming he forgot a period, so it should have read My name is Nicholas Quevedo. In 2038, I will , making the comma correct but the period incorrect.

I haven't seen much about new Mega Evolutions but have heard Venomoth, Roserade, and lesser so some gen 5 Pokemon
Why would they be hearing about them? If they're just on the translation team, the only reason they'd hear about them would be if someone was translating the stones' names, and I doubt they'd pay someone to do that when the stones are as simple as English name-ite.

Glassoul is an hourglass

Many new Pokemon judging by some of the names I've seen
We've got a contradiction here-they're claiming that they're learning about Pokemon based on names, but they're getting to see Glassoul's design?
Chubbybaras (Yes, they're called that) are ruining a family's field
Hey, nothing in this leak actually says they're Pokemon...maybe we're just tasked with stopping Birch and Wulfric from messing up their field. :p

Personally, I'd say it just appeals to me in a different way now, but I could say that about any two generations, especially as you get further down the line. What I find to be the 3D games' "charms" aren't the same as, say, the Johto or the Unova games' "charms" (which are already considerably different from one another as it is), but they've still got things I like that the others don't, and frankly, I'd probably get bored if Pokémon were just a single static experience all throughout. 3D had to happen eventually; I think they've done a decent job with it, and realistically I'm more interested in seeing the series change, so I don't really see it as a loss.

My brother would agree with you. He doesn't like the move to 3D and feels like the games lost something when they stopped using sprites.

I however, am thrilled by it. So long as the art style stays more like Sun and Moon with human proportions and not continue Let's Go's making everyone look like 6 year olds, I'm happy. Pokemon is pokemon as long as I can have awesome monsters to raise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom