• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if on pokemon day they just have some kind of blacked out picture of the new region with a date of the direct on it? Like come the 27th they just say "a new adventure awaits, trainers!" And everything on the map is a silhouette except for the water and general outline that isnt covered by clouds leaving people to scramble to an actual world map to figure out what it is.

They've added the "exciting news" bit to the pokemon day announcement after all.

I put faith on the regional countdown. It's interesting that the Kanto one didn't exclusively feature Kanto only Pokemon, (Munchlax for instance, why not Snorlax?) when they could have easily done so.

Its like an animated travel brochure, and I can see things ending off with another animated trailer like BW2 & ORAS to commemorate the official reveal.

I put faith on the regional countdown. It's interesting that the Kanto one didn't exclusively feature Kanto only Pokemon, (Munchlax for instance, why not Snorlax?) when they could have easily done so.

Its like an animated travel brochure, and I can see things ending off with another animated trailer like BW2 & ORAS to commemorate the official reveal.
I've mentioned this a couple of pages ago, and I'll say it again: It's also extremely interesting how they're doing two "countdowns," as we would like to refer to them, at once. One featuring Pokémon from Kanto, and another being tributes to the other regions in Pokémon. Again, while it may not be relevant to an imminent reveal of the new Pokémon games, it's still interesting how they're chosing to do both at once, alongside how many things we have going on for Pokémon Day just about now. I'm quite optimistic about where this may lead us.

Well, I'm sceptical as we've had meaningless countdowns before.

And this one seems very anime-related, as well.
I don't know how really related to the anime this countdown is. There's litterally no reference to any character or plot or team. It looks like they are simply using the anime to highlitgh the regions maybe (and it would be understandable) because you can better appreciate a pokemon region seen in an anime rather than on a pixelated console.

Last edited:
Well, I'm sceptical as we've had meaningless countdowns before.

And this one seems very anime-related, as well.

I do wonder about the anime aspect; it could be that the new region will be introduced with a trailer that is a mix of animation and in game rendering; most likely the game can finally match the huge world seen in the anime over the years!!

Reactions: El_
On a different note, the old countdown (the one with the first gen pokemon) will feature Vileplume on Pokemon Day. I truly could not find anything in Vileplume that may be related to an announcement (well it is red and blue and its shiny form is kinda "red" and green - actually orange, but it's the only thing that came to my mind) so if any of you want to give a try...
Maybe grass/poison like bug/poison for weedle refer to green/purple colours who knows. Or maybe its a reference to flowers or maybe there's really nothing.

I can understand and agree why people would be skeptical about this countdown given last year, expecially because more often then not software houses don’t seem to learn from past experiences.

Although the countdown itself, even if it’d lead to something anime related, would likely mean a new region to explore in the anime...which ties to a new gen.

I’m still keeping my expectations in check, but it still seems to me the countdown has more chances to be related to a new region and Gen then something else.

On a different note, the old countdown (the one with the first gen pokemon) will feature Vileplume on Pokemon Day. I truly could not find anything in Vileplume that may be related to an announcement (well it is red and blue and its shiny form is kinda "red" and green - actually orange, but it's the only thing that came to my mind) so if any of you want to give a try...
Maybe grass/poison like bug/poison for weedle refer to green/purple colours who knows. Or maybe its a reference to flowers or maybe there's really nothing.

:notworthy: :) Hmm!!

220px-Rafflesia_sumatra.jpg

Rafflesia is a genus of parasitic flowering plants. It contains approximately 28 species (including four incompletely characterized species as recognized by Willem Meijer in 1997), all found in Southeast Asia, mainly in Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand and the Philippines.

I think the pokemon countdown is definitely running separate from Pokemon Day, so Vileplume falling on that day is just happenstance. It seems to be aiming for E3, so probably some sort of announcement planned around then- could be a new pokemon reveal, or a new game, or a new game update- since Pokemon Quest is still currently stuck on Kanto.

I would argue that the in-game locations, like Fortree and HGSS Ecruteak, are far more unique and recognizable than the generic big cities of the anime.
They might be. But they're going for a travel video vibe. The anime has more random people than the games do.

Who wants to visit a place where only 4 near identical people walk around town on a set path for all eternity? The anime gives them more of an alive feel and a real travel video look with all the extras in the clips they chose.

They may also be wanting to save resources, rather than advertise another Generations like approach. I do understand an approach like that would leave all doubt about the countdown behind, bc Generations was strictly game related.

But if this does end with a "Travel to Gen 8 region" advertisement, then those resources would likely be better spent there. Anime exclusive locations/events may just be to give the regions some liveliness, like an actual travel brochure might do. The way it seems to be focused on so far is if you could actually experience those places while vacationing there, which may imply its less to do with the anime strictly and more to do with the region itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom