• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys the map design is the same in hoenn region the cyclingroad and your hometown

This is fake

Personally, I didn't think its veracity was in question. Its just fun to discuss the fakes until we get real news to discuss.

The British Empire has historically had a massive influence on India. Could be a connection. Also, I don't really think it looks anymore like India than any piece of land that sticks out into the ocean. The British island has a couple places, one on its southern coast especially, that are of similar shape.

The shape's spot on, even down to the island groups that border India. I looked at a map of UK, and nothing resembling that is a significant part of the map, whereas the 'leak' map covers a major part of India, and a little portion visible at the border makes a shape resembling northern India.
resembles the leak much more than

The Tania map also has a geographical structure similar to India's- very green south giving way to a desert-like north.

It is also equally as possible that he might not go that route at all and choose someone with a fresh new set of ideas for the benefit of the franchise, don't you think?

Sure, that's absolutely possible too.

But even within that, we've kinda got to define "benefit"

The fans who dislike the current direction of the series would be predisposed to thinking that what would "benefit" the series is an immediate course-correction away from the design choices of the 3DS games and Let's Go, but I don't think Game Freak have much of a reason to see it that way considering how well the games have been performing for the last several years. Not that success is a license to ignore criticism, of course, and I don't suspect Game Freak would feel that way because they've taken criticism under advisement before (DP sold fantastically, but because Mt. Coronet was hell, every region since has been impossible to get lost in), but how prevailing is "our" opinion really? What I'm really getting at is that "someone with a new vision," such as there may be one, may very well not be the wishlist genie that people who, say, didn't like XY or SM hope it to be, but that I don't find that to be particularly cynical because I don't think we have a clear enough view of GF's sales research data to say whether or not the observations that have been animating their decisions are unfounded or "out of touch." At any rate, to Masuda, "someone with a fresh new set of ideas to benefit the franchise" could be like, someone with unique ideas for how to do things in a way they haven't really done before (like just as a loose example, trying a more story-driven approach to the games like what we saw in SM, and trying out a new kind of progression system with the trials, and playing with a risky concept like the UBs) as opposed to someone who happens to believe in the Bulbagarden and /vp/ principle of "It should go back to how it was in Gen 4."

I don't think that they would use the Red and Green titles for a game that isn't set in Kanto. It's fake. Here's the leak itself, if you want to know what it says:
It’s been awhile since we’ve had a proper rumor post, but with Generation VIII’s release drawing ever closer it seems like a good time to examine one and see how everyone feels about it. A poster going by PokémonFan on 4chan has posted information about what are supposedly the next titles in the Pokémon franchise. As always, treat rumors as false until we get official confirmation.

They claim that the next games will be called Pokémon KINGDOM: Red and Pokémon KINGDOM: Greenand the names aren’t the only throwback to the first Pokémon games. Throughout the thread they have used original beta artwork to illustrate the merging of original ideas with a vast, semi-open world to explore. A virtual world whose size will awe fans.

This is a big new change. You still have a team of 6 Pokémon to battle, but you have direct access to every Pokémon that you own in the new “box system”. Pokémon are very useful in this game, you can do many things with them. This is a key part of exploring. Regarding the comments about Kanto, it is part of the map, but its so much bigger. It takes a while to explore the whole mountain tunnel, it feels like a real mountain

The poster also claims that the rate of experience and how your Pokémon level has also been adjusted–where you are in the adventure and how long you’ve played will factor into how fast they grow. It may seem slower than before, but apparently makes sense for the new game.

They also hinted that Eevee may be getting a Dragon-type evolution as well.

Last edited:
I don't think that they would use the Red and Green titles for a game that isn't set in Kanto. It's fake. Here's the leak itself, if you want to know what it says:
It’s been awhile since we’ve had a proper rumor post, but with Generation VIII’s release drawing ever closer it seems like a good time to examine one and see how everyone feels about it. A poster going by PokémonFan on 4chan has posted information about what are supposedly the next titles in the Pokémon franchise. As always, treat rumors as false until we get official confirmation.

They claim that the next games will be called Pokémon KINGDOM: Red and Pokémon KINGDOM: Greenand the names aren’t the only throwback to the first Pokémon games. Throughout the thread they have used original beta artwork to illustrate the merging of original ideas with a vast, semi-open world to explore. A virtual world whose size will awe fans.

This is a big new change. You still have a team of 6 Pokémon to battle, but you have direct access to every Pokémon that you own in the new “box system”. Pokémon are very useful in this game, you can do many things with them. This is a key part of exploring. Regarding the comments about Kanto, it is part of the map, but its so much bigger. It takes a while to explore the whole mountain tunnel, it feels like a real mountain

View attachment 116042

The poster also claims that the rate of experience and how your Pokémon level has also been adjusted–where you are in the adventure and how long you’ve played will factor into how fast they grow. It may seem slower than before, but apparently makes sense for the new game.

They also hinted that Eevee may be getting a Dragon-type evolution as well.

No way in a thousand years would GameFreak have multiple regions.

Since we are talking about Verlis, I think now would be a good time to say that he's still making videos saying that the next games are going to be Gen 4 remakes. If he's wrong, do you think he'll take down those videos or release a video saying sorry for the clickbait? Nope, because he's the king of clickbait.

Since we are talking about Verlis, I think now would be a good time to say that he's still making videos saying that the next games are going to be Gen 4 remakes. If he's wrong, do you think he'll take down those videos or release a video saying sorry for the clickbait? Nope, because he's the king of clickbait.
Let's be honest here, he is the most selfish person you'll ever see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom