• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not all of us use Twitter, believe it or not.

Then why not use the YouTube version?

Okay! I admit it! I'm biased towards YouTube and don't have a Twitter account! Just please stop favoring Twitter over YouTube as a source of information, okay? At least give both of them equal value!
But you... don't need a twitter account to view twitter posts? And there's no reason for anyone to go out of their way to grab a link to the youtube video if they're finding the video via the twitter feed.

yeah I think seeing Togepi in the mirage kingdom area and counting that as a "mention of the mirage kingdom" is a reach personally.

Also yeah it does seem like the videos are completely anime focused. I don't think this countdown has much to do with an announcement of the games.

That being said, I could sort of see a situation where the direct gets announced on pokemon day, or announced right after the last day of the q/a event

Last edited:
But you... don't need a twitter account to view twitter posts? And there's no reason for anyone to go out of their way to grab a link to the youtube video if they're finding the video via the twitter feed.
@Icy Wind

I already told you! I'm biased towards YouTube! I follow it the same way some people follow Twitter and/or Facebook! I'm having a hard time comprehending/accepting what's wrong with relying on YouTube instead of Twitter.

Theres no way the mirage kingdom or whatever is a clue to the titles being Pokemon Kingdom... at best it's just another royalty theme hint at best, but most likely a coincidence

yeah I think seeing Togepi in the mirage kingdom area and counting that as a "mention of the mirage kingdom" is a reach personally.

Also yeah it does seem like the videos are completely anime focused. I don't think this countdown as much to do with an announcement of the games.

That being said, I could sort of see a situation where the direct gets announced on pokemon day, or announced right after the last day of the q/a event
Yeeeah... the video didn't technically mention the Mirage Kingdom and it hardly ranted about how hot Hoenn is either, so... not that the Kingdom rumor sounded particularly plausible anyway

I already told you! I'm biased towards YouTube! I follow it the same way some people follow Twitter and/or Facebook! I'm having a hard time comprehending/accepting what's wrong with relying on YouTube instead of Twitter.
It's nice that you prefer Youtube, but that's no reason to demand that people go out of their way to post videos from Youtube for you? The twitter video is the exact same thing.

There was no mention of the mirage kingdom in the "visit hoenn " video, so that should completely debunk the kingdom red&green dude, if he wasn't debunked already.

Anyone else getting tired of how these so-called leakers continue to bullshit us? They know they're wrong, but they continue to prey on the gullible people of this community because they think it's funny or something.

I think leaks are cool even if fake. It's nice to have speculation material until we get more news/information. And it's always cool when one of them turns out to be true.

So I dont mind them bullshitting us... I just dont like on Twitter like the gengar person who was proven fake but continues to spread lies anand call himself the king of BS lol, stuff like that, or sometimes their arrogant tones

EDIT: also the Twitter vs YouTube thing is irrelevant since it is viewable either way, but: YouTube kind of sucks lately and Twitter is more user-friendly imo

Also yeah it does seem like the videos are completely anime focused. I don't think this countdown as much to do with an announcement of the games.
At this point, I feel like they're saving the Orange Islands for pokemon day.

Mostly because the videos keep getting more and more anime related. It's gone past "aww, they mentioned a fan favorite place from the anime to make it seem more alive" to "dangit, they are only highliting anime places now. There goes that theory."

Then go watch the video on YouTube and stop complaining here?

The person you quoted wasn’t me either...
It's nice that you prefer Youtube, but that's no reason to demand that people go out of their way to post videos from Youtube for you? The twitter video is the exact same thing.
Sorry. It's just late and I'm in a grumpy mood and I felt like complaining about something. My apologies.

And now I feel jealous for all those likes you got from countering my biased arguments. Deep breaths, deep breaths...

Not all of us use Twitter, believe it or not.
You literally don't need a Twitter to watch the video. (which doesn't even need to be watched-the main point was just "they're posting about Hoenn)
Okay! I admit it! I'm biased towards YouTube and don't have a Twitter account! Just please stop favoring Twitter over YouTube as a source of information, okay? At least give both of them equal value!
Pokemon cross-posts a lot of things-why not get mad that people aren't posting the Facebook and Instagram posts while you're at it?

Also, people in this thread generally favor Twitter and similar sites because the information posted there can be read quickly, as opposed to YouTube videos that take ten minutes to make five points. (The mods actually specifically asked that videos be summarized so people don't have to watch them)

A few people are freaking out about the Pokémon Kingdom theory on resetera for some link between the Hoenn video and the post made by the ‘leaker’.

I read a few of those, and the mere fact that he suggested the map/world of the game might be the biggest ever in videogame, is enough to make me really, really skeptical about it (without considering Kanto being part of the game again.)

Even if Gamefreak decided to go for a open world game for Gen 8, I seriously doubt they’d make it so bit to top or near the biggest open worlds in the market.

A few people are freaking out about the Pokémon Kingdom theory on resetera for some link between the Hoenn video and the post made by the ‘leaker’.

I read a few of those, and the mere fact that he suggested the map/world of the game might be the biggest ever in videogame, is enough to make me really, really skeptical about it (without considering Kanto being part of the game again.)

Even if Gamefreak decided to go for a open world game for Gen 8, I seriously doubt they’d make it so bit to top or near the biggest open worlds in the market.
I think so too, especially considering they have no prior experience making open worlds.

You literally don't need a Twitter to watch the video. (which doesn't even need to be watched-the main point was just "they're posting about Hoenn)

Pokemon cross-posts a lot of things-why not get mad that people aren't posting the Facebook and Instagram posts while you're at it?

Also, people in this thread generally favor Twitter and similar sites because the information posted there can be read quickly, as opposed to YouTube videos that take ten minutes to make five points. (The mods actually specifically asked that videos be summarized so people don't have to watch them)

The worst imo are the intro parts of the video which can sometimes go for 45 + seconds LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom