• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also highly doubt they would add kanto when we just had LGPE. Especially since I am sure pokemon will be transferable from LGPE, and adding Kanto in gen 8 would give people less reason to also purchase LGPE...
Especially if we get Let's Go Johto in Gen 8? We would be revisiting Kanto way too many times in a very short span.

I think so too, especially considering they have no prior experience making open worlds.
They'd probably go for a world with less boundaries rather than a fully open world. Like how you had to stay on the paths in Sun and Moon, but you don't have to anymore and can actually go off the path up until you hit an invisible wall.

Then maybe gen 9, could be open world. But they need to test the waters a bit more first.

Given that the mewtwo secret thingy was just armored mewtwo, I'm now a bit more hopeful that generation 8 will be more akin to gens 3 and 5. Lots of new pokemon with minimal focus on the old ones
I don't think that they are going to do something like that anymore unless they revert back to sprites.

Yeah, they would not have a game that goes back to Kanto especially after they just had a Kanto game, and that would reduce sales of Let's Go. GameFreak is a company, and like all companies, they want money. They know that having a game featuring a second region of Kanto right after having a Kanto game will mess up the sales of let's Go, especially because the new game would probably have something new in Kanto because it would probably have to be a little different for a different game. Not to mention it might ecrease the sales on the new games because of fans sick of Kanto pandering.

(dang I typed Kanto way too much in that paragraph)

Update

Attachments

• 4E4F302B-AA29-4AD9-80B6-EEAE7CE5554F.png
    4E4F302B-AA29-4AD9-80B6-EEAE7CE5554F.png
    592.6 KB · Views: 162
The Talia leak is...interesting. The style looks like the most recent Hoenn and Kanto maps, not even in Deviantart you find something similar (If you do, please send it to me). However is suspicious that only the peninsula is seen, and its accompanying logo and artwork are very weird and don't look much like Pokemon. It looks unreadable, even for Japanese standards.
The Kingdom leak is likely fake, it sounds too ambitious for its own good, I don't see more than 190 Pokemon introduced and the world being two times bigger than usual. Also, "ask me anything" leaks always make me suspicious, as leakers would have to have played through all the game to answer all questions, most of time they get their leaks from their own sources. It's ideas aren't exactly bad though.

Facts of the day: This is the farthest we've got through a "year with a new generation release" with no new Pokemon revealed, and the first "year with a new generation release" since 2002 (apparently) that Corocoro doesn't reveal a new Pokemon in February.

The Talia leak is...interesting. The style looks like the most recent Hoenn and Kanto maps, not even in Deviantart you find something similar (If you do, please send it to me). However is suspicious that only the peninsula is seen, and its accompanying logo and artwork are very weird and don't look much like Pokemon. It looks unreadable, even for Japanese standards.
The Kingdom leak is likely fake, it sounds too ambitious for its own good, I don't see more than 190 Pokemon introduced and the world being two times bigger than usual. Also, "ask me anything" leaks always make me suspicious, as leakers would have to have played through all the game to answer all questions, most of time they get their leaks from their own sources. It's ideas aren't exactly bad though.

Facts of the day: This is the farthest we've got through a "year with a new generation release" with no new Pokemon revealed, and the first "year with a new generation release" since 2002 (apparently) that Corocoro doesn't reveal a new Pokemon in February.

The Talia map is fake.

Take the Hoenn ORAS map. Next to Cycling Road, their is a big island. Its the same one as on the Talia Map. Look at Cycling Road on the Talia Map. Its the same one as Hoenn's.

this sucks honestly. I sort of blame Meltan for this since as we're seeing now they can still promote that and melmetal without having to reveal anything new. I wonder how long they'll be able to keep that up for though.

Pokemon comet is a good name, but pokemon satellite is not.
Comets are technically satellites though. It's like they went through a thesaurus or something.

Either way those logos look horrible. Even the original anime logo from the 90s didn't look that bad.

EDIT: Also speaking of thr 90s, the logos look like something youd expect from a backwater 90s fansite that's trying too hard.

This is like saying everything and the opposite of everything at the same time. Yeah the announcement will be on the 27th but maybe it will not. It will be in the next weeks but maybe it will not. How can he/she be proved wrong?
Dont trust anything.

this sucks honestly. I sort of blame Meltan for this since as we're seeing now they can still promote that and melmetal without having to reveal anything new. I wonder how long they'll be able to keep that up for though.
I don't know... I think it might actually be a good thing. Like we got Magearna ahead of Gen 7, but they then proceeded to stretch her thin by releasing tiny tidbits of info about her at a time instead of giving us information on the games. Right now Meltan is kind of filling that void (despite being Gen 7) but we already have all of the information on it, so as soon as Gen 8 is announced, Meltan's spotlight is pretty much over, and as of now we have no single star new pokemon for them to stretch out into a pancake.

With it being the Year of Mewtwo, it doesn't sound to me like they're going to focus on any specific Gen 8 pokemon up until release, which means less chance of "big news" being one pokemon's name, followed by its type the next month, and then its signature move the next...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom