• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure the "travel to (x) region" is just a way to make it interesting and highlight the major landmarks of each region. Gen 8 isn't going to revisit each and every region, if it revisits any of them (we'll probably get a Sinnoh remake and maybe a let's go johto in a couple of years but that's all)

Also for those wondering when a Sinnoh remake is coming, consider this

Frlg: 8 years after rgb
Hgss: 10 years after gs
Oras: 12 years after rs
Diamond/Pearl remake: probably 14 years after dp - so, 2020

(and maybe 2026 for bw remake and 2031 for xy remake and 2036 for sm remake :bulbaLove:)

I once saw someone here say the diamond pearl remake was overdue and I was like...wut.

Last edited:
Please new region please new region. They don't like to change much in the regions we revisit. It'd be awful to go back anywhere for a new generation game for some reason not set in a new region and look! Everything's the same! Same buildings, same routes, just new native pokemon for no discernible reason!

Plus if it were all the regions pre-3D that would mean updated 3D grid based everything! And that sounds repulsive. I hated that about ORAS. Could have made the region look more natural but nooooooo. Gotta have beaches with friggin corners.

Please new region please new region. They don't like to change much in the regions we revisit. It'd be awful to go back anywhere for a new generation game for some reason not set in a new region and look! Everything's the same! Same buildings, same routes, just new native pokemon for no discernible reason!

Plus if it were all the regions pre-3D that would mean updated 3D grid based everything! And that sounds repulsive. I hated that about ORAS. Could have made the region look more natural but nooooooo. Gotta have beaches with friggin corners.
To tell the truth, that was because X/Y still used tile-based movement for some reason.

Also for those wondering when a Sinnoh remake is coming, consider this

Frlg: 8 years after rgb
Hgss: 10 years after gs
Oras: 12 years after rs
Diamond/Pearl remake: probably 14 years after dp - so, 2020

(and maybe 2026 for bw remake and 2031 for xy remake and 2036 for sm remake :bulbaLove:)

I once saw someone here say the diamond pearl remake was overdue and I was like...wut.
Now, you really believe we can reach 2036 without another kanto remake? Cause we have visited Kanto in 5/7 gens during the last 23 years.

Yeah, they would not have a game that goes back to Kanto especially after they just had a Kanto game, and that would reduce sales of Let's Go. GameFreak is a company, and like all companies, they want money. They know that having a game featuring a second region of Kanto right after having a Kanto game will mess up the sales of let's Go, especially because the new game would probably have something new in Kanto because it would probably have to be a little different for a different game.

There are probably about 4,702,958,604 ways that they can differentiate that "leaker's" supposed all-regions new generation game from Let's Go so that both can appeal to consumers. Like... those two concepts don't even begin to compare.

And LGPE will probably be broadly out of steam come November anyway, so I'm not sure what the problem is

Not to mention it might ecrease the sales on the new games because of fans sick of Kanto pandering.

The general public never will be, and that's a lot bigger than some clusters of fans on forums. Especially since those tend to be the more dedicated fans - how many of them would really commit to a protest against the hypothetical all-regions game just because one of those regions happens to be Kanto? That would be a literal fraction of the content.

Also, people in this thread generally favor Twitter and similar sites because the information posted there can be read quickly, as opposed to YouTube videos that take ten minutes to make five points. (The mods actually specifically asked that videos be summarized so people don't have to watch them)
...Don't videos play at exactly the same speed, regardless where you watch them from? I don't understand...

...Don't videos play at exactly the same speed, regardless where you watch them from? I don't understand...

They were talking about using Twitter to post info in general since most of the information tends to be text posts, whereas YouTube has nothing other than videos as a medium.

I don’t really see what the issue is since twitter information can be seen without an account (I don’t have one myself) and if you really want to use YouTube you could get a video on the subject quickly.

They were talking about using Twitter to post info in general since most of the information tends to be text posts, whereas YouTube has nothing other than videos as a medium.

I don’t really see what the issue is since twitter information can be seen without an account (I don’t have one myself) and if you really want to use YouTube you could get a video on the subject quickly.
I already told you, I'm just biased towards YouTube, and I was in a grumpy mood.

Facts of the day: This is the farthest we've got through a "year with a new generation release" with no new Pokemon revealed, and the first "year with a new generation release" since 2002 (apparently) that Corocoro doesn't reveal a new Pokemon in February.

I think having internet access in a world of far more fast information than nearly 2 decades ago also makes this worse.

After seeing the Poke'Jungle post...hell, I think would have much preferred a hypothetical Pokemon Kingdom Red & Green over LGPE. At least in terms of open world concept and a more realistic "leveling" system among other things, I will admit it does sound pretty neat & highly ambitious. I wouldn't mind having change on that scale, but I see no reason why those ideas couldn't be done with a brand new region entirely.

Shame on that "leaker" for creating Kanto pandering that actually sounds good. Asshole.

So what’s the word gang? Anything new?
Mostly fake leaks. The only thing we really have to go on that isn't easily proven fake is this countdown that the Pokemon Channel on youtube, and their twitter, are posting videos of visiting each region and using clips from the anime to show them off. We've got Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn so far, and by how it's looking if this leads to an announcement, the new region will be on Pokemon Day.

What I don't get with this countdown timer, by the time its Pokemon Day in the US, Pokemon Day will already be over for Japan, Aus, NZ and most of the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom