• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we would be expecting an announcement of some sort tomorrow(the 24th) like in 2016 ?

Does TPC always favor Japan times for announcements? After all this announcement is most likely going to be international, and a large portion of their consumer base is US

Also for those wondering when a Sinnoh remake is coming, consider this

Frlg: 8 years after rgb
Hgss: 10 years after gs
Oras: 12 years after rs
Diamond/Pearl remake: probably 14 years after dp - so, 2020

(and maybe 2026 for bw remake and 2031 for xy remake and 2036 for sm remake :bulbaLove:)

I once saw someone here say the diamond pearl remake was overdue and I was like...wut.

2020 is most likely gonna be a break year though, especially since Gamefreak themselfs already have stated they cannot work on more than 2 Pokemon games at the same time and now they have another project with Town as well.

2021 is imo the first possibility for a Sinnoh Remake.

It doesn't seem likely that it would be an announcement if only the US actually is going along with the plan. That's the biggest telltale that it's probably nothing.

It's the international account + the treehouse ,there will inevitably be something

Well, I would think these anime-centric travel brochure videos are more than likely leading up to the Twitch stream of anime episodes that starts on the 27th (US)

As far as we know, the Treehouse thing isn't even going to be visible to anyone who isn't physically there, so I don't think that's going to be a big deal either. It's just a TCG event for young fans in the area, and "Pikachu" and "Eevee" are making an appearance each day, so I'd think that if there was going to be a focus on any game, it would be LGPE.

And hypothetically speaking, even if they did reveal Gen 8 the day before, I don't think they'd have enough information ready to give in order to fill five hour-long Q&As. It would be a week-long deluge of, "We can't really say anything about that yet."

It's the international account + the treehouse ,there will inevitably be something
It might be called the international account, but there are multiple others for a reason that don't mention these videos or Treehouse. There might be something regardless, but the things you mentioned are largely unknown to a key demographic: the Japanese one. Considering they timed the 2016 Direct according to Japan, they're doing a poor job with these tweets if they have worldwide relevance. By the way, they already serve their purpose in that they contain links to Pokemon TV, and the Hoenn one didn't include any game locations.

Well, I would think these anime-centric travel brochure videos are more than likely leading up to the Twitch stream of anime episodes that starts on the 27th (US)

As far as we know, the Treehouse thing isn't even going to be visible to anyone who isn't physically there, so I don't think that's going to be a big deal either. It's just a TCG event for young fans in the area, and "Pikachu" and "Eevee" are making an appearance each day, so I'd think that if there was going to be a focus on any game, it would be LGPE.

And hypothetically speaking, even if they did reveal Gen 8 the day before, I don't think they'd have enough information ready to give in order to fill five hour-long Q&As. It would be a week-long deluge of, "We can't really say anything about that yet."
I agree that these brochure videos probably aren't counting down to a reveal, and are probably hyping up the event, but the thing that's throwing me off is that on the page that talks about the event, it mentions episodes being played from DP, BW, XY and SM, but not any earlier than those. I mean, that doesn't mean that earlier episodes won't be shown, but it's strange that they specified that they'd be DP and on-- if it was all, they should've said something like "the greatest episodes from the television series!"I mean, it mentions that some of their more favorite episodes will play, but it's kind of weird to hype up Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn when the focus will primarily be on Sinnoh, Unova and Kalos, with the first three showing up every so often. Granted, it could just be that I'm reading it incorrectly, which wouldn't surprise me, but still.
Here's the site, to double check me on this:

It might be called the international account, but there are multiple others for a reason that don't mention these videos or Treehouse. There might be something regardless, but the things you mentioned are largely unknown to a key demographic: the Japanese one. Considering they timed the 2016 Direct according to Japan, they're doing a poor job with these tweets if they have worldwide relevance. By the way, they already serve their purpose in that they contain links to Pokemon TV, and the Hoenn one didn't include any game locations.

Please don't broke my hope:ROFLMAO:

While I personally don’t hold many hope on the leak, the Kingdom leak was grouped in a link on resetera, and the leaker said the reveal would happen Tuesday, from what I gathered.

Which means in two days either we’ll have something, or the leak would end for good.

While I personally don’t hold many hope on the leak, the Kingdom leak was grouped in a link on resetera, and the leaker said the reveal would happen Tuesday, from what I gathered.

Which means in two days either we’ll have something, or the leak would end for good.

Personally I don't believe the kingdom leak it's totally impossible and in addition he talks too much for a leaker, we always had soft leak with pokemon and I don't think it will change

So this was apparently the original pokemon green? I just found this on 4 chan so probably not real lol

>The game series was originally going to be much darker, dealing with war and the devastation of Japan rather than the cutesy story you know and love today
As some American players have noticed, there's a lack of any adult figures around Kanto, this was originally going to be much more apparent, as the first gym leader was even going to be a child
SIlph Co. were going to be the "government" over the Kanto region, and your goal was to stop them from making further pushes into another war
Blaine's design was a very late on change, since the Silph Chief sprites went unused the team decided to give it to Blaine, to avoid any other war looking characters
Pokemon were originally going to be disposable monsters, and thus Team Rocket's goal was much more strictly crime-like rather than stealing Pokemon, Giovanni was going to be a flying type trainer
Kanto was going to be a desolate wasteland
Blaine was originally going to be stationed in Cerulean as well as the Pokemon Mansion, though it was much later changed,
The Pokemon Mansion was originally going to be much more story relevant, with it being destroyed after the elite four, killing everyone inside. Blaine included, this was deemed too hard to do and would take a lot of programming to have 3 maps change their entire layout/warp
The reason the game is terribly bugged is because all of the changes that got made, there was simply no time to bug test a lot of the content that got changed

Idk what's your opinion lmao

Idk what's your opinion lmao
Fake. "Kanto was/is a war zone" is a popular theory among conspiracy nuts. Every region has kids/teenagers as gym leaders, women and older folks. So that only leaves so much room for "notable adult men under 40". Kanto has 3-5 of them depending on how you interpret their ages.

That said, the Helix Chamber assets do imply that Silph was in charge of the league, which is interesting in itself without any war.

Rumor said:
Giovanni was going to be a flying type trainer
Wow. That's so much more hardcore Yakuza.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom