• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uhm, some people forget that Nintendo Treehouse is a gaming-focused department; I don't think they handle the TCG, nor do they handle the Anime. So, 5 QA sessions with such a team is still kind of curious.

Pokeshopper or Serebii wouldn't have said that this was suspicious if this was not much of a deal.

He's back again

yeah, "latest information" vs "shocking new information" is a pretty drastic difference and I'm guessing it'll just cover armored mewtwo and postman dragonite being in the movie.

We could still see a mythical revealed in April but honestly I'm sort of inclined to agree with the idea that there probably wont be a mythical in the movie seeing as this is a straight up remake of the first movie.

I do think no movie mythical can be a good thing though, it feels like a shake up to how the pre-announcement/release for the games is handled and I'm eager to see what happens this time around

No mythical is a good thing because there are far too many mythicals as it is, and the original one is already in the movie. The games definitely don't need a new mythical at launch.

I'm pretty sure that seeing old characters in CGI for the first time, is more interesting for most fans than Armored Mewtwo and Postman Dragonite are.

While I personally don’t hold many hope on the leak, the Kingdom leak was grouped in a link on resetera, and the leaker said the reveal would happen Tuesday, from what I gathered.

Which means in two days either we’ll have something, or the leak would end for good.
The leak already ended for good,bro. There was no mention of Mirage Kingdom in the " Visit Hoenn" video, and they didn't talk about how hot it was in that video either.

So this was apparently the original pokemon green? I just found this on 4 chan so probably not real lol

>The game series was originally going to be much darker, dealing with war and the devastation of Japan rather than the cutesy story you know and love today

Idk what's your opinion lmao
Heh... honestly, this is taking some legit information and mixing it up with ridiculous fan theory. The original games were not about war.

Also- "this was deemed too hard to do and would take a lot of programming to have 3 maps change their entire layout/warp" is not remotely difficult to do. At all.

I'm back everyone. I got a lot done this week and now I'm interested to see if we get anything this up coming week.

I skimmed though the pages just now so I probably didn't see every leak. But I noticed someone on Twitter talking about a leak from a Nintendo rep and I just want to say. Those guys don't know crap. I worked at Gamestop for a hot minute (two weeks) last year and before we knew about LGPE I asked our Nintendo rep about Pokemon games and he said there were no Pokemon games coming out until 2019 probably not until 2020.

Do any of ya'll expect to get pictures of the starters for the new region as well, or do you think it's just going to be the release of the titles?

Whether this is fake or real, it is pretty interesting. I can't seem to make out the creatures the person is with, but that is definitely a satellite at the top of the screen. The other one was Pokemon Comet right? Comet and Satellite do work together, not the most complimentary though.

It might be important note that when I typed in Pokemon Comet and Satellite onto google it came up with a thread on 4chan that 4chan is deleting all the posts related to Pokemon Comet and Satellite, and when I try to view the post, the page can't be found. I mean, there's a good chance it means nothing, 4chan deletes fake leaks all the time. I do think it is worth noting though.

The game series was originally going to be much darker, dealing with war and the devastation of Japan rather than the cutesy story you know and love today
TIME: The TV people in the U.S. were worried about violence in Pokémon. Can you believe that?
Tajiri: I'm very careful about violence in games. I'm not interested in creating violent effects.

As some American players have noticed, there's a lack of any adult figures around Kanto, this was originally going to be much more apparent, as the first gym leader was even going to be a child
Brock is depicted as 15 in the anime. Is 15 now considered an adult? And what are they on about "a lack of adults"? You're constantly running into generic adults all the time-Mart clerks, nurses, the gym guy, the Safari Zone staff, Team Rocket, etc.

Kanto was going to be a desolate wasteland
We can look at the concept art of "Capsule Monsters" and see that's clearly not the case. Hotels, marts, a town-all clearly non-desolate.

Pokemon were originally going to be disposable monsters
TIME: None of the monsters is really evil. So how do you know if one of them is with you or against you?
Tajiri: Think of it like this. If a horse runs over you and you die, then the horse is bad. But if you're riding the horse, the horse is your ally. So, if you have a monster in your collection, then it's considered good. But if not, it's still not considered bad, because it could be your friend one day.

If that picture is in fact real, then it seems we might get a starter that is torchic-like. If we do, I hope it's final evolution is not another bipedal humanoid bird.
I don't know how I feel about Pokemon Satellite&Comet,though. They just sound...strange to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom