• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my case, as long as its not North America, Europe or Oceania I will be alright with it. I don't care if the region is hot or cold, just keep traveling the world. Maybe I would accept a Russian region, but only if its the Asian part.
Agreed monopolizing it just america and europe doesnt feel inclusive to me.

Also egypt is a nice region to have sandy and hot in day time and cold and wintery at night.

Interesting but I don’t speak mandarin or Chinese

Attachments

• 5C5F2846-F673-4AB6-A80A-8EAB0C5FE4CB.png
    5C5F2846-F673-4AB6-A80A-8EAB0C5FE4CB.png
    371.9 KB · Views: 313
I'd be keen for a Oceanic Australian Region, we have extreme cold, wet, hot and dry climates here giving a lot of variety for a region.

I'm fine with Egypt too. Egypt has a lot of variety too as Assassins Creed showcased within their vast world. Modern Egypt is nothing like the ancient world variety however.

I'm down for an Egyptian region. Yes, I do want my cold mountainous region, but Egypt does get cold at night, so there's a chance we can get some ice types out of that, and a lot of the Egyptian lore can be used in a Pokemon sense and be great for the region's story. Think of the fossil Pokemon.

In my case, as long as its not North America, Europe or Oceania I will be alright with it. I don't care if the region is hot or cold, just keep traveling the world. Maybe I would accept a Russian region, but only if its the Asian part.

If it is based on Russia, how about including a never-ending feud with Unova? Or would that be getting too deep?

PokemonxYu-Gi-Oh! Egypt would be interesting for lore and legendary reasons, but I doubt it tbh to be a region GF would focus on. As much as I like Egyptian mythology, GF's choices seem to be more tourist inspired for marketing purposes. There have been a lot of regional issues affecting Egypt's tourist industry for obvious reasons... wish things were different, but geopolitical issues are also what would potentially stop Poke'China from materializing.

It's time to reveal who & what I actually am. I am... a leaker. The leaker, in fact. To prove my legitimacy, the next "Travel to" vid tomorrow will show the Unovan anime location of "Village of Dragons" where Iris hails from.

Titles are called: Pokemon Is Now & Pokemon Or Never

Region Gen 8 will be a massive open world Adventure set in the region of Nowheria. The in-game map with # routes will leave all doubt as to the location, based on somewhere in the world. Protagonist aged somewhere between X and Y or B and W but can be left up to interpretation. One is male and the other female.

Gyms/Trials (there is one story based, 6-7 optional,) will indeed be merged. The Ancien Léague will be formed after the story is completed.

The starters (there are 3,) will be a grass/fairy hemp plant, a fire/poison bad tempered Jackalope bunny, and a water/fighting monk who becomes a pervert monk after evolving.

The villain team (Team Nothing) are a band of broken and out of their luck researchers & game developers, who are fed up with the "system" and want to revolutionize it. The idea behind this was to be meta, and inspire children to think critically and question everything.

Mega-evolution does not return... yet. Z crystals are there, some given out in in-game shop venues, but some can also be "mined" via field moves, same for fossils.

"Gimmick" this Gen, is exploration and cataloging your adventure via an in game device which can store pictures and memories. The purpose of which helps you become closer to your Pokemon, who now "mostly" evolve based around this method.

You can also change the ability of your critters this way via documentation of the same or similar species, or even their personality (nature) may change as you travel and document.

Documenting special in-game landmarks and ruins a key to the story, which may reveal something as you explore.

Pokemon can be found, observed, & documented in the wild, also encountered this way for battle. More natural & stream-lined than in LGPE & don't just "pop" onto screen.

19-84 new Poke'friends. Pelvic fossil & Humerus fossil

Regional variants make a comeback, focusing on critters from different regions.

You can ride on most "fairly sized" Pokemon and people throughout your adventure, who have field moves to help in exploration. Walking Pokemon are back, but can't ride on your over-sized head unfortunately, nor squat on your broad shoulders.

2 rivals. One who wants to explore as much as you do (or should) and another who only wants to conquer the gyms/trials and sees no value in memories, or the past in general. Don't worry, the other rival is still pretty nice to you. : ) & the former will want to bother you constantly to document at random times, especially if you find a rare mon.

Would reveal more, but I don't want to lose my job. Please understand.

That guy didn't leak USUM... He just said that the games to be revealed were for the 3DS. I argued the same thing without any insider information.

I also seem to remember that some branch of TPCi goofed up and included the 3DS logo in relation to the Direct. I might be wrong about that, but it doesn't matter.

I have no problem with another hot region as long as it isn't tropical. But I might just be biased because I've wanted an Egypt region for a long time.

The cultural, ethnic, architectural and geographical diversity across Europe is mind blowing. Hoping that Game Freak don’t revisit Europe purely because we’ve had Kalos is a little short sighted, in my opinion. Each to their own, of course! But I always cringe a little when I see Europe spoken about as if the nations which exist within it are one and the same.

Hypothetically, if Game Freaks aim is to use as many varied parts of the real world as Pokémon region inspiration before having to return to what could be argued as somewhat similar areas, I would argue that a region inspired by India or Egypt should be Gen 8, followed by another European country - probably Greece - for Gen 9.

However, as a Scotsman... my heart is hoping for a UK inspired region for Gen 8.

(Edited to include Egypt)

Last edited:
The cultural, ethnic, architectural and geographical diversity across Europe is mind blowing. Hoping that Game Freak don’t revisit Europe purely because we’ve had Kalos is a little short sighted, in my opinion. Each to their own, of course! But I always cringe a little when I see Europe spoken about as if the nations which exist within it are one and the same.

Hypothetically, if Game Freaks aim is to use as many varied parts of the real world as Pokémon region inspiration before having to return to what could be argued as somewhat similar areas, I would argue that a region inspired by India or Egypt should be Gen 8, followed by another European country - probably Greece - for Gen 9.

However, as a Scotsman... my heart is hoping for a UK inspired region for Gen 8.

(Edited to include Egypt)
Awww I’m from Scotland as well and would love a region based on the UK

Personally, I'd kind of like a Pacific northwest region. There's already a ton of diffrent climates there in real life. Also NoA is there. And ice types won't get screwed over more than what they already are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom