• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to see somewhere in South America for a Pokemon Region. We haven't gotten anything around there, and all the countries there are super full of culture and beauty. Argentina is a top one for me if they would base it around a specific country. It's got a great mix of mountains and grasslands, and not to mention the amazing waterfalls.

Apparently what the post says is that this chinese leaker has seen the upcoming trailer for gen 8 and that it brought him to tears. It says it will be released next week.
Is it the popular riddler tho? if not, i'm not trusting it.

View: https://twitter.com/pixelpar/status/1099454422244081669?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1099454422244081669&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2F2%2Ftwitter.min.html%231099454422244081669

did anyone else read this as "no announcement next week" according to pixelpar at least. . . since last time he got it wrong but proceeded to tweet the hint illustrations afterwards? Or does this mean he's already hinted something in his tweets

He probably doesn’t know

If I recall I don’t think he knew the reveal of LGPLGE either

The cultural, ethnic, architectural and geographical diversity across Europe is mind blowing. Hoping that Game Freak don’t revisit Europe purely because we’ve had Kalos is a little short sighted, in my opinion. Each to their own, of course! But I always cringe a little when I see Europe spoken about as if the nations which exist within it are one and the same.

Hypothetically, if Game Freaks aim is to use as many varied parts of the real world as Pokémon region inspiration before having to return to what could be argued as somewhat similar areas, I would argue that a region inspired by India or Egypt should be Gen 8, followed by another European country - probably Greece - for Gen 9.

However, as a Scotsman... my heart is hoping for a UK inspired region for Gen 8.

(Edited to include Egypt)

I can understand the concern about all of the regions being purely Western now, though.

I just don't want anymore tropical/hot regions for a while. Unfortunately, it appears that a lot of non-Western cultures are located in those kinds of regions. So it's kind of either we get another Western region or we got something tropical/hot. =/

I still think a Scandinavian region would be neat, and would be quite diverse from Kalos, and also is a unique setting that a lot of media doesn't explore much.

I don't think GF follows any of this logic, though. I can't imagine they care much about balancing cultures nor balancing climates. There's that whole idea of tourist spots that seems to hold some water. Which is probably why we got Alola to begin with.

Also for those wondering when a Sinnoh remake is coming, consider this

Frlg: 8 years after rgb
Hgss: 10 years after gs
Oras: 12 years after rs
Diamond/Pearl remake: probably 14 years after dp - so, 2020

(and maybe 2026 for bw remake and 2031 for xy remake and 2036 for sm remake :bulbaLove:)

Possible. Could be like this:

Main pair: 2019
DP remake: 2020
Upper version: 2021

I also think that there might never be BW and SM remakes because of B2W2 and USUM.

Possible. Could be like this:

Main pair: 2019
DP remake: 2020
Upper version: 2021

I also think that there might never be BW and SM remakes because of B2W2 and USUM.
Black/White and Sun/Moon are doable. For example, for Black/White, they could make a part of the post-game a connection between BW and B2W2, like visiting the B2W2-exclusive areas, seeing a scene related to Lenora, Brycen and the Striaton trio's retirement, Elesa deciding to use her B2W2 look in the post-game after a talk with Skyla, etc.

SM and USUM can be kinda conflicting but I feel that something can be done.

By the way, I don't want another third version. USUM's reception means that we are past that.

According to Resetera, its not the Chinese Riddler that leaked the entirety of Gen 7 through riddles.

They believe this one is the other one that leaked USUM. He's the one that claimed the 2017 Direct would be about a Pokemon 3DS game when most people thought we'd be getting Pokémon Stars for Switch.

What gave him significance is he went against common leaks and rumours and what big media outlets like Eurogamer were saying about Pokemon Stars making his bold claim.

I disagree, personally I almost feel like this is the main riddler, as we know he made his personal opinion on LGPE quite clear before it leaked and this riddler seems highly satisfied with what he saw with the Gen 8 trailer. I could be wrong on this though and this could be any other person from the riddler team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom