• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Incoming rumor from 4chan. Most of it seems like fan wishlist items, but at least its long:

Don't want to post too many details, in case it would become deleted, or too much stuff would be spoiled for people.

First brief announcement of Gen 8 is coming VERY soon, with more details to follow in early April.

The new game has an open world structure - with 18 gyms (these are back) scattered around the world. Player just need to beat 8 of those to earn the right to fight in the Pokemon Leauge.
The other 10 as well as the one the player has choosen can be battled again in the postgame. Also every Gym has a special, Challenge Mode with new traps and certain special rules (Weather, Trick Room) applying instead of being just a single type Gym.
To fight a leader in regulard game player needs to perform specific task for the leaders (kinda like in the Totem Challenges in S/M, but more ellaborate).
The story is STILL there, player has a remote TV device that informs them about what's happening around the world, or allows them to "watch" short shows.

here will be three difficulty settings, however they are connected to the new scaling world system.
In order for the world to remain challenging, the trainers and wild pokemon will slightly scale to accomodate player's level. Higher the difficulty, higher the difference will be. On "hard" mode it's not really possible to outlevel the leader in regular game.
Catching wild Pokemon will be a hyird of systems from Let's Go! (wild walking Pokemon) and older games (actual wild battles). The only place that uses the Pokemon Go! catching system is the Go! Park, where you will have some connectivity with said titles.

Another big thing in these games is Pokeball customization - you will be able to craft your own Pokeballs, changing their look and effects.
The story will dwell a little bit into the origin of Pokeballs.

• Now Pokeballs will have two "Extensions", one will be a "Battle Pocket", where you will be able to hold three additional Pokemon, that you want to keep around and swap them with your party. They technically do not participate in the battles, but you can swap them anytime outside of battle and you can upgrade the pocket to even give them some xp from the fights, increase their happiness while in the pockets, etc.
  • The other ones is known as PokeHabitats (or something along these lines). Essentially it's an envoirnment, where your pokemon hang out, when you aren't using them for fights. You can customize it (a lot of items to collect), to give them better quality of life. the pokemon of your friends will be able to visit them (something similar was in Gen 6) and leave small gifts. Some of the prizes for using that feature include customization for your Pokemon. Don't expect anything on the level of Pikachu/Eevee from LGEP, but there are some scarves, glasses, skin patterns and other stuff. Certain Pokemon have more options than others.
The new region has some pretty enormous network of public transportation, which allows you to move between major cities more smoothly, so once you learn about a story event happening, you can quickly hop on to a train to go there. You can skip the journey, or enjoy some trainer battles.

Some smaller and more cryptic things:
  • PokeRides are back.
  • No Victory Road this time. Instead you participate in PWT-like tournament with the trainers you've met on your journey.
  • Player characters can jump now!
  • The truth MIGHT be out there ;)
  • If you transfer Melmetal to new games, it will activate an event location
  • The names of the games were teased ages ago and are hidden in plain sight
  • "You haven't really been anywhere until you've got back home.'
  • I think certain someone having cousins in different regions will now become a recurring theme.

Groudon smiles looking this

Coming out of lurker mode to point out the wording from this Instagram post from earlier today:

"Sinnoh Pokémon confirmed. "

Are we looking at remakes after all?

They know the fandom memes and poke fun at them any chance they get. I would venture to think that the social media team even more so.

Groudon smiles looking this

We'll see about that:
250px-Blue_Orb_PG.png

Can't wait for the flood. I wanna drown underneath nothing but reveals.

Just the fact that it mentions eighteen Gyms and an open world is a red alarm in my opinion. Specially since the mix of trials and Gyms sound like the system they had in the Pokémon TCG games, were you had to do something before challenging the Club Leader. The battle extension also sounds terribly fake in my opinion.

18 Gyms, if they do an open world with multiple gyms, seems like the most logical number. It would mean one gym for each type. Then maybe the Elite 4 members would not be type based. I'm not sure if I believe GF would do something like that though.

Additionally, "the truth is out there" is an x-files tagline. Take that as you will.

Thank you for explaining that. That one was driving me crazy. I wonder if this has anything to do with the mystery files website from a while ago:

Don't want to post too many details, in case it would become deleted, or too much stuff would be spoiled for people.

???

Pretty sure the people that don't want to be spoiled aren't looking on 4Chan for leaks? Also this is a really big post for something that "shouldn't have too many details".

The new game has an open world structure - with 18 gyms (these are back) scattered around the world. Player just need to beat 8 of those to earn the right to fight in the Pokemon Leauge.
The other 10 as well as the one the player has choosen can be battled again in the postgame. Also every Gym has a special, Challenge Mode with new traps and certain special rules (Weather, Trick Room) applying instead of being just a single type Gym.

To fight a leader in regulard game player needs to perform specific task for the leaders (kinda like in the Totem Challenges in S/M, but more ellaborate).
If the basis isn't just about type, why do 18 gyms? 18 gyms is understandable if you want one for each type, but if you're not doing that, then why pick 18? And leave more than half the gyms to the postgame?

(also, petty, but I don't trust any leak with this many spelling errors. They can't spell "chosen", "regular", "elaborate", "league", or "hybrid".)
Catching wild Pokemon will be a hyird of systems
The story is STILL there, player has a remote TV device that informs them about what's happening around the world, or allows them to "watch" short shows.
The whole story is just through watching the news? Even the Gen 1 games had more involvement than that.

...What would this even contribute?

Also, let's tally up all the info this person apparently knows. They have received:
  • The title of the games
  • The date the games will be announced, and an estimated time for when more news will be revealed
  • At the very least, a general idea for the strategies of the gyms
  • At the very least, an outline of the story (the news and the bit about "the origin of PokeBalls")
  • Descriptions of numerous gameplay aspects (PokeRide, jumping trainers, wild battles)
  • Confirmation that Go connectivity will happen
  • Descriptions of two new features
  • Another new feature in the replacement for Victory Road
  • Some minor details about the region (like the train system)
  • An event involving Melmetal

That is a lot. (It's more than anything we've gotten in the past, I believe-unless you count knowing LGPE's plot/league/etc bc it was a remake) And this is the anon supposedly holding back some info. If Game Freak was a boat with this much leaking, it'd be at the bottom of the ocean now. So how is this information only making it to one 4Chan user when the games are "VERY" close to being revealed?

It's a shame that it seems so fake, because there's lots that I would enjoy-PokeHabitats, ball customizing, more gyms than you need to take on, etc.

Seriously why do they do that? They know we are desperate for Gen 8 news, and were up to 1400 page of fake leaks and rumors.
Same reason all the other fakers do it, attention. (At least they're not making money off it, like the YouTubers/newsites do with fakes...)

Thank you for explaining that. That one was driving me crazy. I wonder if this has anything to do with the mystery files website from a while ago:

Oh wow. Yeah, that would make sense.

Since I don't know Japanese, I'll post an overview of what the mystery files possibly say (mostly thanks to Google):
The first section is divided in nine.

The first one talks about Cynthia's frequent cameos.
The second one talks about the evolution stones.
The third one is talking about different ruins from the games.
The fourth one is talking about Deoxys and the meteorites.
The fifth one is speculating if the Pokémon that learn Cosmic Power are from space.
The sixth one is about the Mossdeep Space Center and the Hokulani Observatory.
The seventh one is about UFO sightings at Hokulani Observatory.
The eight one is about the movies from the Pokéstar Studios. Specifically, the alien one and the time machine one.
The ninth one is about the Mythical Pokémon.

The second section is more or less like a forum between a random guy, a Ruin Maniac and a Hex Maniac.

The first discussion is about Celebi, Dialga and their time powers.
The second discussion has info on space Pokémon like Rayquaza (what?), Minior, Clefairy, Deoxys, the Beheeyem line, etc. + the weird guy from the Haina desert.
The third discussion is about Pokémon from other dimensions, or that can travel through them.
The fourth one is about the different ruins and ancient objects, like the Plates.

The third section talks about UBs and Ultra Space.

The fourth section has UB sightings artwork, including one of an old couple possessed by Nihilego while their granddaughter watches.

Also, this part of the website is from before USUM got released since they added something along the lines of "if you want to know more about Necrozma, buy USUM".

EDIT: I forgot something: There are no mentions of Poipole, Naganadel, Stakataka or Blacephalon with proves that that site was made before USUM.

Last edited:
Incoming rumor from 4chan. Most of it seems like fan wishlist items, but at least its long:

First brief announcement of Gen 8 is coming VERY soon, with more details to follow in early April.

here will be three difficulty settings, however they are connected to the new scaling world system.
In order for the world to remain challenging, the trainers and wild pokemon will slightly scale to accomodate player's level. Higher the difficulty, higher the difference will be. On "hard" mode it's not really possible to outlevel the leader in regular game.
Catching wild Pokemon will be a hyird of systems from Let's Go! (wild walking Pokemon) and older games (actual wild battles). The only place that uses the Pokemon Go! catching system is the Go! Park, where you will have some connectivity with said titles.

Another big thing in these games is Pokeball customization - you will be able to craft your own Pokeballs, changing their look and effects.
The story will dwell a little bit into the origin of Pokeballs.

• Now Pokeballs will have two "Extensions", one will be a "Battle Pocket", where you will be able to hold three additional Pokemon, that you want to keep around and swap them with your party. They technically do not participate in the battles, but you can swap them anytime outside of battle and you can upgrade the pocket to even give them some xp from the fights, increase their happiness while in the pockets, etc.
  • The other ones is known as PokeHabitats (or something along these lines). Essentially it's an envoirnment, where your pokemon hang out, when you aren't using them for fights. You can customize it (a lot of items to collect), to give them better quality of life. the pokemon of your friends will be able to visit them (something similar was in Gen 6) and leave small gifts. Some of the prizes for using that feature include customization for your Pokemon. Don't expect anything on the level of Pikachu/Eevee from LGEP, but there are some scarves, glasses, skin patterns and other stuff. Certain Pokemon have more options than others.
The new region has some pretty enormous network of public transportation, which allows you to move between major cities more smoothly, so once you learn about a story event happening, you can quickly hop on to a train to go there. You can skip the journey, or enjoy some trainer battles.

Some smaller and more cryptic things:
  • PokeRides are back.
  • No Victory Road this time. Instead you participate in PWT-like tournament with the trainers you've met on your journey.
  • The truth MIGHT be out there ;)
  • If you transfer Melmetal to new games, it will activate an event location
  • The names of the games were teased ages ago and are hidden in plain sight
  • "You haven't really been anywhere until you've got back home.'
  • I think certain someone having cousins in different regions will now become a recurring theme.
I can see more than 8 gyms but everything else on that list is to good to be true. Its refreshing though to finally get a good rumor thats not based around the uk. This guy did put some thought into it I'll give him that.

Also he screwed up by saying he can't reveal much, but then goes on to reveal so much information it feels lile he just gave us all the details of the game xD

I can see more than 8 gyms but everything else on that list is to good to be true. Its refreshing though to finally get a good rumor thats not based around the uk. This guy did put some thought into it I'll give him that.

Also he screwed up by saying he can't reveal much, but then goes on to reveal so much information it feels lile he just gave us all the details of the game xD
"I can't tell you much, so I'll just tell you everything."

Classic.

Found this on 4chan

Hello, i currently live in japan, and i work as a translator for pokemon for the German language.

I saw previous post about kingdom: Red and Green, which is correct however those are the "Code names." Now id assume you guys want some hints/leaks.

the Games are based off Spain
The titles Pokemon Kingdom: Red and Green are code names and the actual names have to deal with nature and the Red carnation which is there national flower hense the code name (Kingdom: Red and Green) very clever
The code names pay homage to the first ever pokemon game and something about "SS" allowing people to travel to very cold places
118 new pokemon it seems like...
Starters are: bull (Fire), Whale like Dolphin (water) and a Wolf (Grass)
Graphics are better then ever... It feels like the players are actually on the journey
Gyms return
No new z moves or megas
new mechanic which roughly translate to "Charging Power"

All i can really say as a New trailer for gen 8 comes out pokemon day and shows most of what i said. Be prepared....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom