• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Incoming rumor from 4chan. Most of it seems like fan wishlist items, but at least its long:

Don't want to post too many details, in case it would become deleted, or too much stuff would be spoiled for people.

First brief announcement of Gen 8 is coming VERY soon, with more details to follow in early April.

The new game has an open world structure - with 18 gyms (these are back) scattered around the world. Player just need to beat 8 of those to earn the right to fight in the Pokemon Leauge.
The other 10 as well as the one the player has choosen can be battled again in the postgame. Also every Gym has a special, Challenge Mode with new traps and certain special rules (Weather, Trick Room) applying instead of being just a single type Gym.
To fight a leader in regulard game player needs to perform specific task for the leaders (kinda like in the Totem Challenges in S/M, but more ellaborate).
The story is STILL there, player has a remote TV device that informs them about what's happening around the world, or allows them to "watch" short shows.

here will be three difficulty settings, however they are connected to the new scaling world system.
In order for the world to remain challenging, the trainers and wild pokemon will slightly scale to accomodate player's level. Higher the difficulty, higher the difference will be. On "hard" mode it's not really possible to outlevel the leader in regular game.
Catching wild Pokemon will be a hyird of systems from Let's Go! (wild walking Pokemon) and older games (actual wild battles). The only place that uses the Pokemon Go! catching system is the Go! Park, where you will have some connectivity with said titles.

Another big thing in these games is Pokeball customization - you will be able to craft your own Pokeballs, changing their look and effects.
The story will dwell a little bit into the origin of Pokeballs.

• Now Pokeballs will have two "Extensions", one will be a "Battle Pocket", where you will be able to hold three additional Pokemon, that you want to keep around and swap them with your party. They technically do not participate in the battles, but you can swap them anytime outside of battle and you can upgrade the pocket to even give them some xp from the fights, increase their happiness while in the pockets, etc.
  • The other ones is known as PokeHabitats (or something along these lines). Essentially it's an envoirnment, where your pokemon hang out, when you aren't using them for fights. You can customize it (a lot of items to collect), to give them better quality of life. the pokemon of your friends will be able to visit them (something similar was in Gen 6) and leave small gifts. Some of the prizes for using that feature include customization for your Pokemon. Don't expect anything on the level of Pikachu/Eevee from LGEP, but there are some scarves, glasses, skin patterns and other stuff. Certain Pokemon have more options than others.
The new region has some pretty enormous network of public transportation, which allows you to move between major cities more smoothly, so once you learn about a story event happening, you can quickly hop on to a train to go there. You can skip the journey, or enjoy some trainer battles.

Some smaller and more cryptic things:
  • PokeRides are back.
  • No Victory Road this time. Instead you participate in PWT-like tournament with the trainers you've met on your journey.
  • Player characters can jump now!
  • The truth MIGHT be out there ;)
  • If you transfer Melmetal to new games, it will activate an event location
  • The names of the games were teased ages ago and are hidden in plain sight
  • "You haven't really been anywhere until you've got back home.'
  • I think certain someone having cousins in different regions will now become a recurring theme.

This is super interesting, but like others have mentioned, there is a lot of fanservice. I do really love the ideas of customize Pokeballs, and I do know having a difficulty setting is something fans have been wanting for quite some time now. But, this fact, and many others, makes the leak feel more like a wishlist than anything. i will admit it is more fascinating than some of the recent leaks we have gotten. Certainly better than the King and Queen one and the Kingdom Red and Green

Found this on 4chan

Hello, i currently live in japan, and i work as a translator for pokemon for the German language.

I saw previous post about kingdom: Red and Green, which is correct however those are the "Code names." Now id assume you guys want some hints/leaks.

All i can really say as a New trailer for gen 8 comes out pokemon day and shows most of what i said. Be prepared....

Oh speaking of those leaks. Yeah, We know from patterns that GF typically codenames their games in a different way than this. And like I said with the Red and Green leak, I am pretty darn sure that GF knows it would not be a good idea to pay such an homage to Kanto when they literally just had a Kanto game. But besides that I like the wolf starter and the region being based off Spain. But because of it's ties to the Kingdom Red and Green leak, and saying differing information from it, I think we can conclude that this is a different person just trying to ride off of the success of the Kingdom Red and Green leak.

It's a small leak.

The new region is based on Egypt, the starters are going to be a grass sloth, a fire snake and a water hippo. They also say the Pokémon Company will be showing an anime trailer featuring Ash meeting the new starters on Pokémon Day.

I hope this is true because I wanted an African region.
Hey everyone, lurker turned poster here. I would love this particular leak to be true, if only because my dream starter is a grass type sloth. I even have a great name... Mossloth. Plus, Egypt is actually an ideal region basis in terms of mythology and topography (the iconic Nile River, coastal areas, inland areas). However, these daily region videos are specific to the North American channel, and almost exclusively highlight anime-only locations. So I don't really see that specific 'countdown' ending with a gen 8 reveal like the leak says. There is a chance for that to be the 'untrue' part of the leak though... I remember legit leaks from past games included untrue parts in order to fly below the Game Freak radar.

So hmm you guys think a Pokemon day reveal is happening?

Considering that other Pokémon announcements, it would be Feb 26
3 PM GMT in Europe (midnight in Japan) when it could happen.

In past announcements they let people know two days in advance (the 2016 direct announcement for ex was tweeted the 24th), if that's true, we might get something today if they don't move the direct announcement to tomorrow because we're in the weekend...

Just speculating about the whole thing.

Not sure how the bad mistranslation happened with that riddler fiasco, likely someone showed a Poketuber and they went full pedal before getting a proper translation.

But reading some of the replies on tieba's end, yikes never sever thought I'd see a pokemon community more racist than the US LOL

So hmm you guys think a Pokemon day reveal is happening?

Considering that other Pokémon announcements, it would be Feb 26
3 PM GMT in Europe (midnight in Japan) when it could happen.

In past announcements they let people know two days in advance (the 2016 direct announcement for ex was tweeted the 24th), if that's true, we might get something today if they don't move the direct announcement to tomorrow because we're in the weekend...

Just speculating about the whole thing.

I've been feeling really defeated this past week, I played usum for a day and lgpe for 3 while I played hg for over 700 hours, b/w2 combined for at least 300, x/y for over 800 hours, oras for over 500, and sun/moon for over 300. It honestly feels like I haven't played a pokemon game since 2016 even though I have. Every single day I flip-flop between "OMFG WE GETTIN NEWS NEXT WEEK, WOO!!!" and "we're getting nothing till april at the earliest" due to things like what happened today with the "chinese leaker." I love leaks, especially the ridiculous ones like kingdom but I just really want something concrete, ANYTHING. It's gotten to the point where I'm trying to convince myself we won't see anything until April in order to prevent even more disappointment.

I'll be seriously surprised if they don't reveal Gen VIII before the start of Spring. For the past two generations, ever since they started worldwide releases and Pokemon Directs, they tend to reveal the new generations nine months before they start. The only thing we really know is its coming out in the 2nd half of 2019.

After roughly a year I'm back (no one cares I know, I'm just excited about recovering my account haha). Can anyone recap what's been going on? I'll try my best to read the last month.

After roughly a year I'm back (no one cares I know, I'm just excited about recovering my account haha). Can anyone recap what's been going on? I'll try my best to read the last month.
Not much, to be honest. We don't have any credible leaks, and the leaks that have come here are boring, weird or things that GF would never do. There's also that obnoxious King/Queen guy that you should avoid like the plague.

Not much, to be honest. We don't have any credible leaks, and the leaks that have come here are boring, weird or things that GF would never do. There's also that obnoxious King/Queen guy that you should avoid like the plague.
I saw that, looked pretty funky haha. Although the whole Masuda pkmn go tweet was odd and people went the king queen route lol. I'm excited to see Pixelpar is doing the whole "...I'll draw my tweets until announcement day" again so we can say at least there's a week to a month of buffer for something, approximately.

What's the satlite leak?
Welcome back.Some kinda credible people have been saying there's a direct on Pokémon Day,king Zell said simply "keep it up" in a speculation thread.There have been tons of title leaks,all fake.No other leaks really have any credibility.Anyway TPC says to expect exciting news for Pokémon Day and they started a countdown with every region that ends with Alola on the day before Pokémon Day.
Also I don't know if you've heard of this already but the most likely region right now is England,because of a 4chan leak and some mostly subsequent England royalty themed merch and possible hints.Recently Masuda posted a picture which some people think is a hint(explanation below)
That's the gist of it.There's been a bunch of leaks that don't really have any credibility of course.

Attachments

• IMG_20190224_102128.png
    IMG_20190224_102128.png
    247.8 KB · Views: 127
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom