• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
XD Glad to hear that. Just want to clear up that the 4chan leak has already been debunked and the merchandise in question was not royalty-themed, it was Christmas-themed and just happened to feature Pikachu holding a scepter. England isn't really most likely at this point, it was just really popular with the fake leaks and hint-hunters this season.
Where can I find the image of that christmas pikachu? I'd assume it was taken down but nothing ever escapes the internet lol

Where can I find the image of that christmas pikachu? I'd assume it was taken down but nothing ever escapes the internet lol
Not taken down at all. XD The pokemon twitter used it a few times for holiday posts-

Really just holiday merchandise promotion and no more of a hint than the Halloween plush set was.

Ooooh theeeeese pictures, huh... Interesting none the less. I can see how it fueled the rumor.

When was the 4chan rumor debunked?
Also there was the crown in LG and the James Turner thing(which he did indirectly say is not a hint but of course he would do that)

Also there was the crown in LG and the James Turner thing(which he did indirectly say is not a hint but of course he would do that)
Crown and Scepter? Promised that there would be a reveal around New Years. We're well past New Years.

And I wouldn't say that he indirectly said it wasn't a hint, he really flat out said that he wasn't hinting anything. =/

I'm not British but as far as I know that James Turner thing (that Pikachu drawing with a crown) didn't have anything to do with the games, apparently that crown is something typical at Christmas in the UK.

I'm not British but as far as I know that James Turner thing (that Pikachu drawing with a crown) didn't have anything to do with the games, apparently that crown is something typical at Christmas in the UK.

Yes, they are included inside Christmas Crackers. Source: I watch Ashens.

At the time, I think more people were focused on the colors that he chose for the year numbers. I think the tweet he responded to specifically asked him about that.

Keep it on-topic
I don't think we even veered off that far? Someone posted a video right on this page and people seem to watch him for rumor information- kinda worth commenting on the quality of his information if we're going to keep pulling him up as a source for whatever reason... still don't understand why he keeps coming up, though, because we've usually already covered his video topic before he even posted the video. XD

Gamexplain always gets insider info that they pretend to luckily guess in their discussion videos.If anyone has the time to watch this vid.

Okay;

Let me know if I'm missing anything important. TL;DR:
Chugga is in the video and I doubt he would know anything to leak, so I'll try not to list anything he says, but I'm bad with voices sometimes.

No new mega evolutions
Dynamic weather
Better 3rd person camera
Overworld Monsters return
Bigger, more open routes
Battles happen in the overworld without a transition
PC bag doesn't return
They talk a little bit about England and the theory about the war with Kalos; they don't seem too confident about it.
Someone mentions an Australia region and they all agree that would be cool
They talk about getting a dolphin Pokemon for a bit.
Ride pokemon return and is improved. Use to travel terrain multiple ways: Fly over a water route instead of surf. Flying Rides is used to access areas that are otherwise inacessible.
(Chugga wants the first gym to be dragon type and I kind of agree with him.) This would mean that there would be early route ice types.
Group talks about the possibility of starting off in a polar area
They talk about wanting a balance between gyms and trials. They bring up the orange islands where you had to win a challenge like a race in order to get the right to challenge the gym leader.
Improved co-op
Catching mechanics from Let's Go are not in.
Performed soundtrack
Starters, Legendaries, and Game names in first reveal

Edit: they also talked about the possibility of Fusions for a bit and related it to a mechanic from a Mega Man game? and the TCG tag team cards.

Last edited:
Okay;

Let me know if I'm missing anything important. TL;DR:
Chugga is in the video and I doubt he would know anything to leak, so I'll try not to list anything he says, but I'm bad with voices sometimes.

No new mega evolutions
Dynamic weather
Better 3rd person camera
Overworld Monsters return
Bigger, more open routes
Battles happen in the overworld without a transition
PC bag doesn't return
They talk a little bit about England and the theory about the war with Kalos; they don't seem too confident about it.
Someone mentions an Australia region and they all agree that would be cool
They talk about getting a dolphin Pokemon for a bit.
Ride pokemon return and is improved. Use to travel terrain multiple ways: Fly over a water route instead of surf. Flying Rides is used to access areas that are otherwise inacessible.
(Chugga wants the first gym to be dragon type and I kind of agree with him.) This would mean that there would be early route ice types.
Group talks about the possibility of starting off in a polar area
They talk about wanting a balance between gyms and trials. They bring up the orange islands where you had to win a challenge like a race in order to get the right to challenge the gym leader.
Improved co-op
Catching mechanics from Let's Go are not in.
Performed soundtrack
Starters, Legendaries, and Game names in first reveal
Thank you for the tl;dr!

Sounds like a lot of pretty reasonable hopes there. I like the improved Ride Pokemon idea- don't know about Dragon-type for the first gym, though.

Keep it on-topic
Are you secretly a mod? Because no offense but you don't really get to judge what's off-topic here (omg this sounds so aggressive of me sorry)

Anyway, regarding the post above
"PC bag doesn't return" What does this mean? Player character bag, or pc item storage? Or is there a feature I missed in the newer games called a pc bag?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom