• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
OHHH that explains why I don't know what it is. But yeah, I generally don't expect most LGPE features to return anyway, except in another LG game.
I think if any LGPE features return, it might be the transfer from Pokemon GO feature- because "Pokemon GO" was an unused location text in Sun and Moon.

The concept of Pokémon fusion could be quite interesting if they executed it well, by doing it in a natural way just like the regional variants were.

I mean there are a couple of good LGPE features that they could use, the girl of the nature (kinda), the rides with big Pokémon... the Pokemon GO transfer too
Ohhh I forgot about the riding pokemon bit- yeah, that would be a good one to keep, or at least mix with PokeRides somehow. Some sort of expansion on the pokemon riding concept would be nice.

Following pokemon is another good feature that they should bring over from LGPE too- but again, improved so you don't have to constantly call your pokemon in and out of its pokeball to get it out of the way.

kinda hope the LGPE catch mechanics returns as a secondary catch methode.
really liked it, felt more engaging.

kinda hope the LGPE catch mechanics returns as a secondary catch methode.
really liked it, felt more engaging.

I don't. Three Excellent throws, Pokemon doesn't stay in the ball. Fourth throw is a nice, because you get frustrated and it stays in. Thats not a good balance. If you throw excellent, you should be rewarded with an instant capture instead of a pop-out.

I don't. Three Excellent throws, Pokemon doesn't stay in the ball. Fourth throw is a nice, because you get frustrated and it stays in. Thats not a good balance. If you throw excellent, you should be rewarded with an instant capture instead of a pop-out.
No it shouldnt, it's a modifier for a reason. Or catching legendary would be far too easy, even more then it already is.

I don't personally play LGPE, although I have friends that do and they've expressed their frustration on how even double excellent throws (where, from the best of my understanding, two people do excellent throws?) are able to be broken out of which is kinda nuts to me.

It just makes me wonder what real benefits it has vs just the regular way of statusing a wild Pokemon and just chucking Pokeballs at it. I'd rather not have that kind of thing for Gen 8.

No it shouldnt, it's a modifier for a reason. Or catching legendary would be far too easy, even more then it already is.
By that point you've probably got a ton of money and pokeballs anyway. And events just hand legendaries to you, so I don't know why struggling to get them to stay in a ball should be a thing- if you want to up the difficulty of legendary capture, make fighting them harder. Struggling to get them to stay in a ball doesn't really make things more fun or exciting.

togepi_hatching_by_hazelshuts-d5sk0mw.gif

It is already the 25th in Japan!! I think at the very least that we are just a day 1/2 or so away from at least a new Pokemon being revealed, and, hopefully a more complete reveal!

I don't personally play LGPE, although I have friends that do and they've expressed their frustration on how even double excellent throws (where, from the best of my understanding, two people do excellent throws?) are able to be broken out of which is kinda nuts to me.

It just makes me wonder what real benefits it has vs just the regular way of statusing a wild Pokemon and just chucking Pokeballs at it. I'd rather not have that kind of thing for Gen 8.
thats kindahypocrite through or do they also expect they say the same when the pokeball moves and stops 3 time but the pokemon still escsapes in the regular catch event?

Are you secretly a mod? Because no offense but you don't really get to judge what's off-topic here (omg this sounds so aggressive of me sorry)

Anyway, regarding the post above
"PC bag doesn't return" What does this mean? Player character bag, or pc item storage? Or is there a feature I missed in the newer games called a pc bag?
Pc box in the bag in LGPE that is what they are talking about so it means no party shuffle at any time

Following and riding Pokémon features should definitely be back, in my opinion. And I like the Cerulean Psychic that sets a determinate nature for the Pokémon you’re going to catch.

As for the capture mechanism, I do think it’s something they might set for LG sequels. If it’ll be back,Though, I hope it’s integrated with wild battles.

thats kindahypocrite through or do they also expect they say the same when the pokeball moves and stops 3 time but the pokemon still escsapes in the regular catch event?
Agreed. I've seen people complain that it's too easy, and others say that it's too hard. It's neither if you know what you're doing, and it certainly makes catching legendaries less tiresome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom