• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
if anything, I sort of feel like imminent M22 and detective pikachu trailers makes a gen 8 reveal this week feel less likely.

Looks like we might not get a Pokemon Day reveal. But that begs the question, when will Gen 8 be revealed?
Not until a week till Christmas. :LOL:

All jokes aside, I wonder if TPCi will wait until one-to-two months before release this time around. They’ve been getting some backlash about revealing nearly everything about the games recently, so maybe they decided to wait until a few months, only giving us enough to wet our appetite while having more surprises left for the games themselves.

Last edited:
Looks like we might not get a Pokemon Day reveal. But that begs the question, when will Gen 8 be revealed?

Well, it was reassuring to check and see that the main Nintendo Direct was announced only one day before!

An announcement might be posted tomorrow morning in Japan, which would basically be just before, or during, this time of day tomorrow!

I’m not going to make prediction about next week, but I’d say April at worst will be the time for an announcement.

One thing, though: having the games revealed now doesn’t necessarily mean you have to reveal too much, as S/M did. You can market the game from March to November and leaving things secret.

The day before

It would be startling if there is actually a demo made available when it is announced, similar to what happened with some of the games in the main Nintendo Direct..!! We would have to hope that all of the full game content was removed, and this time it probably would be!

We're close but I still can't stop thinking we will probably get nothing at all this week :/.
At least it's just a few days before we can find out.

I’m not going to make prediction about next week, but I’d say April at worst will be the time for an announcement.

One thing, though: having the games revealed now doesn’t necessarily mean you have to reveal too much, as S/M did. You can market the game from March to November and leaving things secret.
Especially if they settled for revealing only one pokemon a month instead of five. =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom