• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watch this year turn out to be the new break year.
With metroid getting postponed i think nintendo will definitely push gamefreak to release a pokemon game this year because right now they dont have any big title announced besides animal crossing and the zelda awakening remake

With metroid getting postponed i think nintendo will definitely push gamefreak to release a pokemon game this year because right now they dont have any big title announced besides animal crossing and the zelda awakening remake
They don't even have to push. XD Pokemon is already confirmed for being released this year. I don't know why anyone thinks that it won't be.

Why did I just see a mewtwo in lets go pikachu and eevee video. Did they forget they already released those games ages ago and most people who would care already know mewtwo's in there??

We get it, Japan. The new Mewtwo movie's got you really hard up for Kanto and Mewtwo. But we already know about that stuff. Talk about the games we know are in the works please for the love of every god.

That's it. I'm getting the matches.

They could reveal the titles and first footage as late as mid-April if BW are any indication.

Why did I just see a mewtwo in lets go pikachu and eevee video. Did they forget they already released those games ages ago and most people who would care already know mewtwo's in there??

We get it, Japan. The new Mewtwo movie's got you really hard up for Kanto and Mewtwo. But we already know about that stuff. Talk about the games we know are in the works please for the love of every god.
Relax. The world doesn't revolve around BMGf or similar forums, and LGPE are barely 3 months old.

It's the year of Mewtwo, you might wanna take some deep breaths. XD

I think it's important to note that Nintendo has no major Christmas titles right now. The decision to put Mario Maker, which was a huge system seller for the Wii U, in June indicates to me that they have something really big planned for Christmas time.

Besides, it's already been confirmed by Game Freak that Gen 8 is coming this year, unlike with Metroid which didn't even have a release window (or even anything besides a logo) at the time of it's delay. The only question now is when the announcement is going to happen.

It's the year of Mewtwo, you might wanna take some deep breaths. XD

So was a part of 2012 and later after that with its Megas and sharing a movie with Genesect. Mewtwo has become such a franchise whore at this point XD

Oh well I guess. I should get used to the dry weather lord Groudon has blessed us with.

In addition to what other people have mentioned, they are promoting the new Switch bundle that comes with the games, the yellow and brown Switch and the Pokeball +

Also, out of curiosity; I was thinking; if the Detective Pikachu movie has a game trailer, wouldn't that have to be planned and finalized in advanced of the movie release? Like, before May? I don't know much about the movie industry, like how and when the movie is distributed and on what medium. Or how long that process would take. I wouldn't think Pokemon would want to hand over a game trailer to WB that contains brand new information, so I'm trying to get a time frame of when that would theoretically happen.

I just dont know...
LGPE was announced in May
Pokemon Ultra Sun was announced in June.
Pokemon Sun/Moon only got logo reveals in February. Actual first reveal was in May.
Pokemon ORAS was also May.

Granted, most of those are remakes/third versions, but still, thats been the trend for the last few years.
Pokémon Black White was announced in April.

Also the only reason SM was announced in February was because of the anniversary. If it wasn't because that it would probably have been announced in May with footage.

This notion that "new gens are announced early" is total BS. X/Y and B2W2 have been the only games announced early, almost every Pokémon game is announced around May.

That seems to be promoting the demo according to the crappy auto translation. It's also reminiscent of this tweet from January on the TPCi Twitter:

Either way, it just seems like the social media from the other parts of the globe, pokemon or otherwise, are just super slow. Not to mention why would the Nintendo Twitter have anything new? The pokemon Twitter usually get stuff first and then it's retweeted or posted to Nintendo.

Did they advertise Xy and SM months after their reveal in Japan and other countries ?

I dont ever recall seeing any advertisements online.

I dont understand the significance of the LGPE advertisement now, unless it's meant to connect with the mewtwo movie trailer next week ?

So was a part of 2012 and later after that with its Megas and sharing a movie with Genesect. Mewtwo has become such a franchise whore at this point XD

Oh well I guess. I should get used to the dry weather lord Groudon has blessed us with.
Well I mean from what we've heard, official sources are calling it the Year of Mewtwo. Probably because it's going to feature in both movies- we know it will obviously be in Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution, but Mewtwo may also likely feature in Detective Pikachu, considering it was in the plot of the game. So it's gonna be a very Mewtwo-centric year, and we don't even know if it's going to have any connection with Gen 8.

Relax. The world doesn't revolve around BMGf or similar forums, and LGPE are barely 3 months old.

1 of those months being the Christmas season which is when the vast majority of its sales would happen. There's no real sense in promoting LGPE at this point, it's biggest sales are behind it and this is a slow sales period for the industry.

Pokémon Black White was announced in April.

Also the only reason SM was announced in February was because of the anniversary. If it wasn't because that it would probably have been announced in May with footage.

This notion that "new gens are announced early" is total BS. X/Y and B2W2 have been the only games announced early, almost every Pokémon game is announced around May.

• DP-Announced in late 2004, pretty early for games that weren't expected to be released until 2005, and didn't get released until 2006.
  • Pt-Announced May 15
  • BW-Announced on April 9
  • BW2-Announced on Feb 26
  • XY-Announced on Jan 6
  • ORAS-Announced on May 7
  • SuMo-Announced Feb 26
  • USUM-Announced June 6
  • LGPE-Announced May 30
Of the past nine pairs of games, four were announced close to May, and five were announced at least a month before. May's certainly still a possibility, but to say that it's "total BS" to expect a game earlier or that 4/9 is "almost every Pokemon game" is just factually incorrect.

I dont understand the significance of the LGPE advertisement now, unless it's meant to connect with the mewtwo movie trailer next week ?

Maybe there really will be some kind of special DLC attached, like Armored Mewtwo. Would be interesting if they incorporated Melmetal's material or something into the armor that Mewtwo wears, maybe making Armored Mewtwo into Pokemon's Iron Man or some shit.

Did they advertise Xy and SM months after their reveal in Japan and other countries ?

I dont ever recall seeing any advertisements online.

Well normally they have Mythical Pokémon that can serve as extended promotion; the Diancie and Marshadow reveal trailers both came months after the games' release dates much like this one. LGPE doesn't have a Mythical like that because Meltan is already out, but there is a Mewtwo movie coming up and LGPE has Mewtwo so

• DP-Announced in late 2004, pretty early for games that weren't expected to be released until 2005, and didn't get released until 2006.
  • Pt-Announced May 15
  • XY-Announced on Jan 6
  • SuMo-Announced Feb 26
  • USUM-Announced June 6
  • LGPE-Announced May 30
Of the past nine pairs of games, four were announced close to May, and five were announced at least a month before. May's certainly still a possibility, but to say that it's "total BS" to expect a game earlier or that 4/9 is "almost every Pokemon game" is just factually incorrect.
I said around May. So I include April, BW2. Also did you even read what I said about SM? it should've been announced in May.

Only 2 of 9 games weren't revealed on or after April.

• Pt-Announced May 15
  • XY-Announced on Jan 6
  • SuMo-Announced Feb 26
  • USUM-Announced June 6
  • LGPE-Announced May 30
I think it's also noteworthy that global releases have likely had a significant impact on promotion, so we only have two generations to really reference in terms of what the marketing cycle is for a global audience compared to a Japan-only one.

The TV ad is supposed to help LGPE's sluggish sales in Japan, and yes, the Mewtwo focus is not a coincidence. The movie itself should help LGPE more than the next generation.

Would be interesting if they incorporated Melmetal's material or something into the armor that Mewtwo wears, maybe making Armored Mewtwo into Pokemon's Iron Man or some shit.
Hmm. That would be better than another form, I suppose.

There's no real sense in promoting LGPE at this point, it's biggest sales are behind it and this is a slow sales period for the industry.
I'm sure that you know more than the guys who do this for a living. The fact of the matter is that Japan is restocking on LGPE bundles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom