• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inb4 the new movie trailer will showcase new mew form and gen 8 get revealed day after
yes, i know i'm dreaming.

Honestly I'm getting really nervous about Pokemon Day. I know a lot of people are going to be really disappointed if we dont see anything happen on the 26/27...
I’m not worried. We already know we’re getting gen 8 this year, so when the reveal happens doesn’t really matter.

Ohhh I know the pain of mobile- that's why sometimes someone tells me that a date popped up and I put off editing my post until I get home from work.

Hm, though... considering they already have Armored Mewtwo presumably slotted as "Pokemon A," I don't think that we have any other known possible alt forms to be revealed. Unless it's Pikachutwo... that would be super dumb.

We didn't have any pokemon revealed before X and Y were announced, though, and Pokemon Day is on Wednesday, so we've still got Monday and Tuesday (today and tomorrow at this point) for a Pokemon Direct announcement to drop.

Plus gotta keep in mind that today isn't a weekday and Nintendo seems to be allergic to weekends, so a Direct announcement was more likely to fall on the 25th than the 24th.
Wednesday for Japan, If they want a worldwide announcement Japan needs it on midnight between the 26th and the 27th and the rest of the world on the 26th, otherwise some countries will have it too early in the morning/too late at night. So they are actually kinda late, in my country we are in the morning of the 25th and we are 7 hours apart from Japan, if there's an announcement tomorrow they should let me know, right?
About x and y, you have to remember that having a pokemon direct at the very beginning of the year was already like having something big. TPC usually reveals new pokemon for movies or new games around december/February. So basically they should have revealed a new pokemon around November/December of the previous year and that was clearly not possible. Gen 6 had no new pokemon reveal but a full trailer before any other gens. Now we are almost in march with no new pokemon and no directs.

Ohhh I know the pain of mobile- that's why sometimes someone tells me that a date popped up and I put off editing my post until I get home from work.

Hm, though... considering they already have Armored Mewtwo presumably slotted as "Pokemon A," I don't think that we have any other known possible alt forms to be revealed. Unless it's Pikachutwo... that would be super dumb.

We didn't have any pokemon revealed before X and Y were announced, though, and Pokemon Day is on Wednesday, so we've still got Monday and Tuesday (today and tomorrow at this point) for a Pokemon Direct announcement to drop.

Plus gotta keep in mind that today isn't a weekday and Nintendo seems to be allergic to weekends, so a Direct announcement was more likely to fall on the 25th than the 24th.

Edit: Well, "today" as in I'm in the US and the 24th ends in less than two hours, but you get the gist.

Ah, it could be Postman Dragonite, I don’t think we’ve had merch shown for it yet, but there’s definitely going to be merch for it according to Pokeshopper.

The last direct was announced at 7:30pm where I am (in Sri Lanka), which is in just under ten hours. I think if we’re getting it today (the 25th), that’d be our best bet.

Edit: My bad, the Takara Tomy figure is referred to as “Mewtwo-related”, so it’s probably another Armoured Mewtwo, rather than Postman Dragonite

Ah, it could be Postman Dragonite, I don’t think we’ve had merch shown for it yet, but there’s definitely going to be merch for it according to Pokeshopper.

The last direct was announced at 7:30pm where I am (in Sri Lanka), which is in just under ten hours. I think if we’re getting it today (the 25th), that’d be our best bet.

Edit: My bad, the Takara Tomy figure is referred to as “Mewtwo-related”, so it’s probably another Armoured Mewtwo, rather than Postman Dragonite
Really heavly armored Mewtwo. XD This reminds me of the bandaged eevee. I told you guys, we are in 2018 again.

Pokémon Black White was announced in April.

Also the only reason SM was announced in February was because of the anniversary. If it wasn't because that it would probably have been announced in May with footage.

This notion that "new gens are announced early" is total BS. X/Y and B2W2 have been the only games announced early, almost every Pokémon game is announced around May.
They need more time to advertise new gens though

Time to analyse!

The red and white tower in the background looks similar to the Eiffel Tower so the next games are Kalos sequels with one version being red and other being white.

There is something looking like a Pokestop disc in the background so all the gyms now will have Pokestop disc structures incorporated in the design. There is also a compass mark coloured red and white, strengthening the red-and-White version theory.

Since a compass shows mainly 8 directions there will be 8 gyms in these 8 directions.

Psyduck will get the most powerful upgrade of the New generation's gimmick and will be part Flying.

They need more time to advertise new gens though

Well, for Sun & Moon, the February reveal was just the titles/logos and a few glimpses of (ultimately irrelevant) concept art, and then there was nothing in March, and in April they just yanked everyone's chains by having Corocoro show the game boxes with blank artwork. Our first burst of meaningful information came in May. The only part of those preceding three months that I would say was necessary was the February reveal, and even that was just because it was the 20th anniversary as well as the first core series news since 2014. Had that not been the case, they hypothetically could have waited until May and the level of advertisement probably wouldn't have changed a whole lot.

I'm not saying we absolutely won't get news before May now, but I do think it's worth keeping in mind that this time around, the "anniversary" isn't a multiple of 10 (or even 5, although I doubt they'd commemorate a _5th anniversary in as big of a way to begin with), and whether you like them or not, there is a pair of core series titles on the market right now that are still pretty fresh. I know dedicated fans like the narrative of "It's Pokémon Day, there should be a game announcement!", but I don't know that Game Freak or TPC factor that into their plans. Whether they have a Gen 8 trailer ready or not, we already know that the games are coming out this year regardless, and Pokémon is a multifaceted franchise that always has something to promote.

Oh I'm keeping my expectations very low. Or at least I'm trying to. But with my anxiety and depression issues usually causing emotional swings, plus likely Aspergers (un-diagnosed because my insurance is terrible and won't allow me to get tests done to find out for certain) I can't help but easily get pumped up by others.

I'm not too big on VR stuff personally. It's usually hella expensive and unless someone feels super generous I'll likely never even touch one in my lifetime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom