• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time for you guys to launch groudon?
Screen%20Shot%202016-08-03%20at%2010.31.04%20AM.png

But thinking of Sun and Moon's pre-release marketing campaign in retrospect, and knowing the content of the game (now that we've played them), I think it would be difficult to have extended the campaign beyond May. What else could we put in the trailers? They basically revealed everything important before the release, excluding only the battle against Lusamine and other minor things.

I meant that put less stuff in trailers but spread them out so that the February drought didn’t exist and the amount of stuff revealed remains the same.

Seems like there's no Pokemon direct happening today but do remember we might get something tomorrow or during the Pokemon Day - if nothing still, y'all can start to expect the 8th gen announcement in May the latest.

I would say that the timing of the Sun & Moon Direct announcement may not correspond to this year!

But additionally, they may even choose to simply release a trailer outside of a Direct! It could be a complete surprise that way.
Or they might even release the trailer first, and then have a Direct that would include a bit more information some time within the Pokemon Day-Week situation!

I meant that put less stuff in trailers but spread them out so that the February drought didn’t exist and the amount of stuff revealed remains the same.

I see. But as I said, SM wasn't such a big generation jump like XY was. So I'm not sure if a longer pre-release period (I mean, we had the teaser, and other things like Magearna before, so I'm talking about trailers) would be as efficient. And by spreading the news the marketing campaign would not have the same intensity it had, I think. I mean, if it was a jump like the one from BW to XY, any trailer showing any minor thing would have a big impact on the community, but in the case of SM, I don't know if that would be the case.

Of course, they could have announced the game later, then. But maybe they wanted to take advantage of the showcase that the twentieth anniversary date offered.

By the way...Masuda retweeted the post about let's go demo just before retweeting Pokemon Day event, both from Nintendo. From my perspective this points to Lets go games being the subject of the event.

sorry for double post but i found this on 4chan:

View attachment 116124

Claims it is the gen 8 fire starter. Probably bullshit, but y'all thoughts?

That looks too well designed to be from Game Freak, lol.

There are 3 types of designs, IMO.

1. Shit fanart which looks nothing like past Pokemon.
  2. Superb fanart which looks too good for current Game Freak.
  3. Game Freak's in the middle disappointing design.

I think this sheep looks really good, so it'd be in #2. These days I'm surprised if I like the new designs and looking at fanart is disappointing because there are many good designs floating around that will never be canon.

Obviously an individual won't like every design made, but as a whole, you can sort of judge the quality of each generation or the current crop of artists etc. at Game Freak. Alola was fortunately a rebound from the middling quality in the previous few gens, so hopefully the revival continues.

I think it's kind of irresponsible of Serebii to point out Masuda's retweet while scolding people to stop being impatient. He even said a while back that an announcement won't be made at the event itself, so come on.

Two movie trailers are honestly enough to celebrate Pokemon Day. It wouldn't be smart to unload everything around a single day, which isn't even that important this year.

Also, that Weedle tweet allegedly foreshadowed a Direct tomorrow. That is clearly not happening unless there is a secret press release again, which really wouldn't make sense. Unlike LGPE, a new generation is self-explanatory and they've already been interviewed about it.

I'm still curious about what Treehouse is going to do, but unlike most, I think that a Q&A for general questions wouldn't be a waste of time for two people (especially if they play some old games). It is not as if the USUM event in Japan was more interesting.

Last edited:
I think it's kind of irresponsible of Serebii to point out Masuda's retweet while scolding people to stop being impatient. He even said a while back that an announcement won't be made at the event itself, so come on.

Two movie trailers are honestly enough to celebrate Pokemon Day. It wouldn't be smart to unload everything around a single day, which isn't even that important this year.

Also, that Weedle tweet allegedly foreshadowed a Direct tomorrow. That is clearly not happening unless there is a secret press release again, which really wouldn't make sense. Unlike LGPE, a new generation is self-explanatory and they've already been interviewed about it.

I'm still curious what Treehouse is going to do, but unlike most, I think that a Q&A for general questions wouldn't be a waste of time for two people (especially if they play some old games). It is not as if the USUM event in Japan was more interesting.
Joe can be a bit condescending sometimes. Nothing new.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom