• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not 100% on board with the Pokemon day announcement. But I'll save my thoughts on why and what to expect next after this week has passed. I think it's to early to call it for the week.

D0O5xCRWkAARcxK.png:large

This is the most recent post from pokemon_cojp on twitter!! I think there is some awareness of there being overall an eventually very positive result by lightly confusing, remaining rather ambiguous about what else could happen in a day or so!
Nintendo's current style for their biggest reveals seems to be basically to indicate nothing about them until they happen. I really seems that people are able to reach a more clear and profound enthusiasm about a new creation when there has been some doubt as to whether it exists or when/if it would be presented.

Annoucing a pokemon direct tomorrow would take away attention from the detective pikachu trailer

Nothing is happening on pokemon day

D0O5xCRWkAARcxK.png:large

This is the most recent post from pokemon_cojp on twitter!! I think there is some awareness of there being overall an eventually very positive result by lightly confusing, remaining rather ambiguous about what else could happen in a day or so!
Nintendo's current style for their biggest reveals seems to be basically to indicate nothing about them until they happen. I really seems that people are able to reach a more clear and profound enthusiasm about a new creation when there has been some doubt as to whether it exists or when/if it would be presented.

Pokemon Shirt and Pokemon Pants.

yeah, I agree that the detective pikachu trailer makes a gen 8 reveal this week less likely mainly because they can just use that as the big pokemon "thing" for this week.

I still feel that it would've been like the S/M direct, where they announced it two days before. The possibility of a pokemon day direct to me is dead since that didn't happen

Exactly.

Them announcing we get a Detective Pikachu trailer killed all the possibilities for a gen 8 reveal.

I would think this would be more likely if Detective Pikachu itself had not been revealed yet!

Game Freak, Creatures, Pokemon Company, Nintendo, and everyone else involved have been working on Gen 8 for many years now! I think they would be fine with allowing their creation to perhaps overshadow an additional trailer for a film related to a spinoff game! :) :)

Indeed also, the film in many ways appeals to quite a different audience than Gen 8 would! If anything they would want to try and get people who are already excited about the film to pay attention to the new games! :)

Ill hold out some hope for a surprise, but I think mid to late March is pretty likely. Hopefully

I thought the Detective Pikachu trailer coming tomorrow (on the 26th) is a good thing because the "exciting news" promised for Pokemon Day, the 27th, can no longer be about that film. That leaves Gen 8 more likely for the day right?

Can they not have the trailer tomorrow and then the Gen 8 reveal on Pokemon Day?

Most people on ResetEra have given up hope too so do I have a misunderstanding of something? x.x

Indeed also, the film in many ways appeals to quite a different audience than Gen 8 would! If anything they would want to try and get people who are already excited about the film to pay attention to the new games! :)

Keep hope alive.
JampackedFixedEyra-size_restricted.gif

Most people on ResetEra have given up hope too so do I have a misunderstanding of something? x.x

I think people are just being silly. They are baseing everything on patterns and marketing hints. The issue with this is that is that not getting an announcement this week would brake a pattern in and of its self, so it's strange to say that we can't get an announcement this week because of a pattern. Oh well.

I don't see the relation. You make it feel like the games and Pokemon Detective are equals, and we know they're not.
The games fulfill an specific group of people.
The movie appeals for much more people, people in which probably don't even follow pokemon anymore or never played a pokemon game.

I just don't see why they couldn't announce the new generation or something like that alongside other pokemon stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom