• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
"This Pokémon Day is sure to be huge, with exciting news and events celebrating more than 20 years of Pokémon fun" - via pokemon.com

So, what does everyone think the exciting news is if not gen 8?

Detective pikachu is not news, because we already know about it. Unless it's some kind of theater event.

Wouldn't multiple announcements just mean more exciting news for Pokémon Day and give more hype to a pokepacked year?
Pokemon day is not some sacred day that they need to announce everything Pokemon-related stuff in it.

Nintendo/TPC also never announce anything else the same day they announce a direct. This is true for both Pokemon and any other direct.

And that’s not mentioning the fact that the last time they revealed a game on Pokemon day, it was announced two days prior.

We seriously don’t need Gen 8 news this month. People way too impatient
Impatient and giving up quickly. I am baffled by both. Can't we at least get to Pokémon Day and see what happens before we break out the groudons? XD

Pokemon day is not some sacred day that they need to announce everything Pokemon-related stuff in it.

Nintendo/TPC also never announce anything else the same day they announce a direct. This is true for both Pokemon and any other direct.

And that’s not mentioning the fact that the last time they revealed a game on Pokemon day, it was announced two days prior.
Pokémon Day did promise "exciting news" though, and there's no reason really that they couldn't announce multiple things in one day. Especially for different media.

And we only have that one precedent for Pokémon Day, but it wouldn't be unusual for a direct to be announced only one day in advance.

I just think that people are giving up prematurely. Sure, maybe lower your expectations, but don't break out the doom and gloom. That's no fun for anyone.

I think people are just being silly. They are baseing everything on patterns and marketing hints. The issue with this is that is that not getting an announcement this week would brake a pattern in and of its self, so it's strange to say that we can't get an announcement this week because of a pattern. Oh well.
And I think that is one of the reasons why leak season can get so unbearable, especially at the end, as we wait for reveal dates. All we really have to go on is what the Pokemon Company has done before. All we can do is follow and predict around patterns.

Pokemon can be announced when Pokemon has never been announced before. Pokemon can be announced Pokemon Day without any prior announcement that something is happening. GF can do whatever they want to do. They live by their own rules, their own timing.

I think it's reasonable to follow patterns, because that's where things have typically happened before, but I think we can keep in mind that GF does not need to follow the patterns that we state happen. After all, those weren't patterns before something happened on them.

I am not going to get my hopes up extremely high for a Pokemon Day reveal, but I'm not going to give up on it until that day has passed.

Last edited:
sorry for double post but i found this on 4chan:

View attachment 116124

Claims it is the gen 8 fire starter. Probably bullshit, but y'all thoughts?
Not the first time we’ve seen this design but man I hope it’s true. I’d love a goat fire starter so I can go around calling myself the GOAT in battles. I’d also love for it’s final evo to be on all fours for fucking once.

The primary reason I'm not expecting a pokemon day reveal is because I feel like the direct would've been announced two days in advance (eg, earlier today). We still could technically get an announcement later tonight as it'll be the 26th in Japan, but I'm not holding my breath. I also doubt a stealth drop conference like LGPE is happening since that conference was done mainly because of how different/weird the games were at first glance.

Exciting news could just be announcements relating merchandise, tcg etc. Don't get me wrong, I still think there's a chance of a pokemon day reveal. I just don't consider it likely anymore (I'd still love for it to happen though. I really want titles so we can at least put a lot of the rumor nonsense to rest).

Last edited:
Not the first time we’ve seen this design but man I hope it’s true. I’d love a goat fire starter so I can go around calling myself the GOAT in battles. I’d also love for it’s final evo to be on all fours for fucking once.
I’m not going to hope for the last part any longer, after Incineroar.

I love goats and would love a goat starter but damn that thing is ugly.

I’m realizing something.. are we insane? The definition of insanity “Doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results”. It feels like we do this every year lol.

Anyway I’m sticking by my prediction of a reveal right at the last day of the tree house events.

I’m not going to hope for the last part any longer, after Incineroar.

Did you call for me?

As the days pass, my hopes for a February reveal fade fast.

I feel like we should really keep an eye on trademark filings, they usually occur immediately preceding a Pokemon Direct announcement or immediately following one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom