• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I dont think they'll do that. Detective Pikachu is a spin-off universe where the focus is everyday life that doesnt focus on trainers. They said something to this effect in an interview, I could try finding it if we need it.

But even if that wasnt the case, spin-off universes dont cross over into the main games (from what I can remember). So... it's unlikely, unless you meant what if there is a gen 8 announcement alongside the trailer. In which case... maybe

Hmm... people are making interesting cases.. what if Rhyme City/Detective Pikachu movie does tie into the new gen 8 games?
Wouldn't that mean going back to New York? Since the movie Rhyme City seems to be vaugely based off of it.

Unless they throw a curve ball and admit it's a stylized fusion between New York and Chicago and we have another main land American region.

Hmm... people are making interesting cases.. what if Rhyme City/Detective Pikachu movie does tie into the new gen 8 games?

I doubt they will do that.

Just look at the Detective Pikachu and main series sales. That sale gap is massive, meaning not many people (Which can include hardcore Pokemon fans), know about Detective Pikachu's story and places, so they need to make a whole arc surrounding Rhyme City, else people get confused.

A little off topic but I loved Detective Pikachu. I bought it because it had pokemon in the title but it ended up being a good game.

Which is why you can trust me when i say I doubt they would put Rhyme City universe into a mainline Pokemon game. It doesn't really make sense...

I mean anything is possible, but the whole focus of Rhyme city is seeing practical everyday use for Pokemon. It answers the question: what would everyday life look like if Pokemon were in it?

They purposefully didnt showcase any Pokemon Trainers or anything from that universe.

EDIT: with the way DPikachu ended, it is likely DPikachu2 will be a thing. Adding rhyme city to gen 8 might complicate things plotwise for that

That makes sense because they're advertising 'non-canonical' places but my heart can't take much more disappointment so I'm just gonna keep grasping at straws ;___; One counter-argument might be that since they are focusing on regions instead of individual cities, Ryme City would either have be located in the new region or it's gonna be something else entirely.

The optimist side of me, that wants the "multiple regions" to finally happen, thinks this could be highlighting bigger and more realized of the regions with some of the shows influence in some parts. Events too that are only show specific/canon. Like could you imagine visiting the lighthouse in midgame and a massive dragonite could appear as an event.

But that is probably never going to happen. :((((

If I remember his patterns correctly, doesn't he usually spend an insane amount of time analyzing the most obscure information (to the point of making correlations that don't exist) and, after rumors appear that make it seem like he was n to something, he starts telling his fans that he was right and that everyone else is stealing his ideas?

I also remember how he started some beef with other PokéTubers, since they were covering/have been covering rumors that he claims that he found first?

Just saying that he's not the most reliable source if you ask me. Nor the most entertaining. Nor the most civilized.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom