• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The event for Pokemon Day is an increased spawn of Kanto pokemon? Is there really someone out there who does not have all the first 151 yet? It's like the 10th time in a year they promote them in Go.
To be fair, I'm kind of hoping they'll set the "region specific" pokemon like Kangaskhan and Mr. Mime to everywhere for a day.

I just want to have a living pokedex without having to fly all the way to Australia or Europe.

I hope it is something like the Delta species, then.
Perhaps "cloned" versions of pokemon. That'd be really cool.

Also I don't think it's too significant that we've already had a booster set called neo genesis. I'm pretty sure the tcg has used the same or similar words before, and if not, it's probably not the biggest deal for them if it wasn't recent.

Perhaps "cloned" versions of pokemon. That'd be really cool.

Also I don't think it's too significant that we've already had a booster set called neo genesis. I'm pretty sure the tcg has used the same or similar words before, and if not, it's probably not the biggest deal for them if it wasn't recent.
I wanted to point that out, too, but I don't know if it's just a coincidence. The first thing that came to mind was a reprint set, but I don't know how frequent or if they even do reprint sets.

I wanted to point that out, too, but I don't know if it's just a coincidence. The first thing that came to mind was a reprint set, but I don't know how frequent or if they even do reprint sets.
XY evolutions was a reprint of the first cards (with changes to make them still viable in gameplay, of course)

Likewise, neo genesis was the first gen 2 tcg set, so it'd make sense.

So the announcements for Pokemon week are:
TGC: Alter Genesis expansion pack (probably)
Anime: Twitch marathon
Movie: Trailer for Detective Pikachu
GO: Kanto event

WHAT ABOUT GEN8

Well, I'll reserve comment as to whether I think the trademark filings are for a TCG expansion or a game.

But, pokemonaltergenesis.com doesn't appear to be registered as of right now.

So the announcements for Pokemon week are:
TGC: Alter Genesis expansion pack (probably)
Anime: Twitch marathon
Movie: Trailer for Detective Pikachu
GO: Kanto event

WHAT ABOUT GEN8

Gen 8 is not coming this week, since that is a dumb marketing move, since everything gen 8 related will overshadow and take away focus from the Pikachu trailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom