• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
he doesn't. His info is through his videos, but you can patron to access the videos earlier iirc (by like a day or two). The whole "paywall" thing was a rumor spread by Verlis and others if I'm not mistaken.

We should keep in mind Paul has stated that him thinking the reveal would come on pokemon day is still primarily his opinion, so lets not get pitchforks out if a reveal doesn't actually happen then
Read the tiers- rewards include:
Giveaways
Exclusive artwork
Name credit in Videos
Access to early detailed data (Later revealed on YouTube)
Early access content. Full material published
Full Discord Server access and support
Assistance with queries, translations

Hardly hiding anything behind a paywall.
Well, I guess I shouldn't read the first that comes up, sorry. Also, more reason to dislike that one person.

But he said to expect something 100% this week. He seems to be a credible source that many users on this forum seem to respect. So, if there is nothing, I think people should be upset at him.

he said he expects something this week, not that news is absolutely coming this week. I agree that figures like him and Joe, etc hold valuable opinions and are highly knowledgeable when it comes to this kinda stuff, but there's still responsibility on the fanbase to not take what they say and just 100% roll with it, because nothing is true until it's actually confirmed.

It reminds me of when Serebii publically said that he had a theory that a game would be revealed at Worlds 2015. People jumped on him when it wasn't revealed, but ultimately it was just his theory, it didn't mean that news was confirmed or anything

I wonder if we'll end up getting something that shares more artistic direction and qualities to the upcoming Town game. The early footage looked rough in a few areas and wasn't as clean as LGPE but visually it much more interesting overall. I personally would like to get away from the chibi looking character models but Town isn't a bad look.

So from this exact same Poketuber's twitter, he has a pinned tweet saying that the Gen 8 trailer is allegedly finished and it brought him to tears. I'm thinking we're getting something Gen 8 related in the next few days.

he said he expects something this week, not that news is absolutely coming this week. I agree that figures like him and Joe, etc hold valuable opinions and are highly knowledgeable when it comes to this kinda stuff, but there's still responsibility on the fanbase to not take what they say and just 100% roll with it, because nothing is true until it's actually confirmed.

It reminds me of when Serebii publically said that he had a theory that a game would be revealed at Worlds 2015. People jumped on him when it wasn't revealed, but ultimately it was just his theory, it didn't mean that news was confirmed or anything
This is true, but the repeated 100% confidence is pretty suspicious. Especially from people who have been bit in the butt by the fanbase and tend to be careful about how they word things- caution would pick a lower percent.

So from this exact same Poketuber's twitter, he has a pinned tweet saying that the Gen 8 trailer is allegedly finished and it brought him to tears. I'm thinking we're getting something Gen 8 related in the next few days.
Oh not the tears thing... that was fake. Someone claimed the Riddler said that and he did not.

I'm not sure what's going to happen tomorrow based off all this but I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Either way I'm excited because I want to see the new detective Pikachu trailer.

I agree that figures like him and Joe, etc hold valuable opinions and are highly knowledgeable when it comes to this kinda stuff, but there's still responsibility on the fanbase to not take what they say and just 100% roll with it, because nothing is true until it's actually confirmed.
Unfortunately, when you're a credible source, people DO take everything you say and roll with it. He's a trustworthy person in their eyes.

Someone also commented under this tweet saying “You saw it too” as if they know something..

Interrogate them. Find out what they know... there are ways of making these people talk. :annoyedVoltorb:

Really, does he have insider info or something? Guess we'll see soon either way.

Apologies. Sorry I had seen someone trying to slander me here, and I wanted to clarify that I don't make lofty confident statements on a whim. 10 days to go!

I know that it originally started as speculation on his part in one of his earlier videos he was saying that Pokemon Day was a possibility. He's a huge fan just like we are and he's totally allowed to specualte. However, he moved on from speculation and starting making much more definitive statements. Re-asserting on several occasions that we would get news this week. You can't be 100% on a whim or a theory, or an expectation. For now, I still trust that he has insider information that he's not allowed to talk about. I trust him enough to give him till the end of next week even. But if we get nothing and he tries to spin this as, "I was just talking about movie news", I will have lost a lot of respect for him. Hopefully, that's not the case.

Crack theory: Town wasn't an actual game but a tech demo for pokemon and the new legendary will be the balrog thing.

The actual theory: they're fooling people, there's a trailer soon, or they saw the finished Town tralier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom