• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

I kind of want them to only reveal the silhouettes of the starters so people can try to guess which is what type like with gen 5. Although those starters didn't turn out amazing...
I'm ready to love the hated water starter for the 4th gen in a row.
Isn't that the point of an NDA? Or am I mistaken? (genuine question)

Except this time, the games aren't going to be named after two well known Pokemon that they can easily grab pictures of. It's not like they can post the starters of the gen 8 games; lol. If someone out there is posting pictures that are hints of the game names, we may not realize it until after the fact. (QUICK; SEE IF ANY JOURNALISTS ARE POSTING PICTURES OF PLUSLE AND MINUM)
Yeah I meant that they should be quiet, but they actually kinda don't because they want to let people know that they know stuff that others don't.
They don't have to spoil or leak. Just to tease. A simple pokeball gif is enough for that

Found these while browsing the pokemon thread by user winterreise

https://www.resetera.com/threads/po...ulbaWave:status/997043491594231808[/SIZE][/I]

Hints at Eevee and Pikachu versions:

View: https://twitter.com/ThePandar0:bulbaWave:status/996420113195765760

More Eevee and Pikachu:

View: https://twitter.com/ThePandar0:bulbaWave:status/996384085533712384

There are a bunch of Pikachu/Eevee references, but I can't find anything specific to Pokemon Quest other than the LEGO-esque depictions of Eevee/Pikachu and this other tweet with Lapras and Blastoise.

You realize that the game was leaked before this tweets right? He didn't know about Pikachu / Eevee. Other people did.

The japanese Twitter has been slow a lot recently. So have the other language Twitters. The only one posting the most that's not TCG related is still the US one.

Idk... I kinda like the fire Oshawott..

Would you still love grass oshawott?

Well except for the old bear oshawott.
Anyway now that I think about it, before pokemon games became a worldwide release I knew a lot of japanese pokemon names... like those 3: Tsutaja, Pokabu and Mijumaru
It was easier because those names were all we had to call them until the translations came out. I still remember Smugleaf.

The japanese Twitter has been slow a lot recently. So have the other language Twitters. The only one posting the most that's not TCG related is still the US one.

Would you still love grass oshawott?
View attachment 116154

It was easier because those names were all we had to call them until the translations came out. I still remember Smugleaf.

Yikes! I don't want to discover the timeline where this is canon.

Don't know about the japanese Twitter account but it's about 5am in Europe. That's why the other languages accounts are quiet.

P.s. I just checked the Pokemon twitter for my country. There's nothing but the 1st gen countdown there, not even the regions one. In the last week they basically just posted facts about nidorans, zubat, golbat, oddish. Same with France and Germany

Last edited:
True, but I've noticed for the past week the only thing most of the European twitters have been posting are the Kanto pokemon countdown and the UK has just been posting Detective Pikachu stuff.

Certainly not as much as the Japanese one (a ton of TCG and promotion info) and let alone the festive US one.

Anyone seen the grass mole starter out of 4chan?

Too good to be real. In fact, I wanted to compare the art style to previous Gens, and in the end concluded that both the Grass Mole and Fire Sheep are probably the best designed starters ever, lol.

Only Totodile perhaps comes close. I look forward to the drawing of the Water Starter lol.

Then again, Decidueye looked amazing and out of the capabilities of Game Freak and yet that was real.

What I really wouldn't want are more Froakie/Oshawott type of designs as starters and Chesnaught/Delphox like final evolutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom