• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it was only a matter of time before we have the all-regions-in-one rumor.

As much as I would love such a game, level scaling would be a nightmare. Unless that experience based system is implemented.

The concept in itself of having multiple regions in one game is interesting. Same goes for visiting all previous regions in one game.

But I think it’d be really, really difficult to implement them all in a good way, and the cons mentioned above by others are something I fear as well.

I’ve never been a fan of multiple regions, not just because Gamefreak in general don’t seem keen because of the various issues, but imo the moment you travel to the second or more regions, it feels like your initial journey was pointless as you’ll never go back outside of some minor postgame stuff to get a item or two. I’d rather more content to expand and enrich the initial region.

I don't think it feels totally pointless, especially not in Johto's case as there are still lots of little daily events worth traveling back for - but I do agree that the multi-region idea in general is fraught with issues and would probably just shortchange all of them. A singular focus is much clearer and allows for a much more developed setting.

I kinda feel like a game featuring all regions would just end up feeling like an amusement park with individual region-themed rides. A boring "greatest hits" tour with nothing to say about any of the older regions other than, "Man, wasn't ____(o) cool!?" I'm not the biggest fan of remakes in general, but at least the ones we've had so far have all put increasingly more effort into fleshing out what's unique about the region that's being revisited while also doing the expected nostalgia tour.

I don't think it feels totally pointless, especially not in Johto's case as there are still lots of little daily events worth traveling back for - but I do agree that the multi-region idea in general is fraught with issues and would probably just shortchange all of them. A singular focus is much clearer and allows for a much more developed setting.

I kinda feel like a game featuring all regions would just end up feeling like an amusement park with individual region-themed rides. A boring "greatest hits" tour with nothing to say about any of the older regions other than, "Man, wasn't ____(o) cool!?" I'm not the biggest fan of remakes in general, but at least the ones we've had so far have all put increasingly more effort into fleshing out what's unique about the region that's being revisited while also doing the expected nostalgia tour.

None of the postgame events in Johto are worth revisiting, the only is taking the magnet train back and fourth to fly to the Pokémon league or collecting eggs. Although I think the new safari zone / battle frontier was the real meat to Johto.

I wouldn’t be opposed to all the Japanese regions under the one game, but I think culturally having all the others would defeat the purpose if Gen 8s is really culturally different in contrast.

What if you start wherever Shinjo is and then travel to the other, regions of poke!Japan? Including Almia and Oblivia? Maybe they'll remember Sevii for once and expand upon it?

The second version can have the American regions (Unova, Alola, Orre, MassaPIKACHUsetts). The third versions can have the European ones (Kalos, Fiore)

What if you start wherever Shinjo is and then travel to the other, regions of poke!Japan? Including Almia and Oblivia? Maybe they'll remember Sevii for once and expand upon it?

The second version can have the American regions (Unova, Alola, Orre, MassaPIKACHUsetts). The third versions can have the European ones (Kalos, Fiore)

Isn’t Orre the region between Kanto /Johto and Sinnoh? Or is that Almia?

None of the postgame events in Johto are worth revisiting, the only is taking the magnet train back and fourth to fly to the Pokémon league or collecting eggs. Although I think the new safari zone / battle frontier was the real meat to Johto.

In the originals, sure, I guess there's kind of a ceiling on what you can realistically keep doing in Johto before getting bored, but the remakes added a fair amount. I guess it's in the eye of the beholder, but in addition to the Safari Zone and Battle Frontier, you also had the Pokéathlon, the Bug-Catching Contest with new foreign Bug Pokémon, the small hidden Rock Climb areas, Buena's Password (technically that's drafted in from Crystal), Cameron's photography, catching the opposite game's mascot, and the Embedded Tower quest (similarly, I always like to KO Suicune at Cerulean Cape so I can catch it at the more thematically appropriate Burned Tower). There's also the Apricorns from the originals, and the remakes force you to go back to the Dragon's Den for the Multi Battle with Silver against Lance and Clair before you can start rematching Silver at the League.

Orre is based on Arizona so even if it were canonical I think it would be closer (relatively speaking) to Unova than anything else

Almia seems to be based on the "tail" section of Hokkaido that isn't included as a part of Sinnoh, so in that regard it would sort of be "between" Kanto and Sinnoh, but I don't think Game Freak consider Almia (or any of the Ranger regions) as part of their world.

Last edited:
No. And Almia is directly south from Sinnoh, apparently.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, the only region aside from the PMD world that is not based in anything is Ransei, and it was only because they needed that shape for the backstory.

EDIT 2: I forgot about TCG Island, Ferrum, Carmonte Island, Pokémon Island and Tumblecube Island which are also not based on any place in particular. I guess I forgot about them since I have not played the games that feature those regions. Except Pokémon TCG for Game Boy Color, which is the only one I played and I don't have any excuse why I forgot about that.

Last edited:
In the originals, sure, I guess there's kind of a ceiling on what you can realistically keep doing in Johto before getting bored, but the remakes added a fair amount. I guess it's in the eye of the beholder, but in addition to the Safari Zone and Battle Frontier, you also had the Pokéathlon, the Bug-Catching Contest with new foreign Bug Pokémon, the small hidden Rock Climb areas, Buena's Password (technically that's drafted in from Crystal), Cameron's photography, catching the opposite game's mascot, and the Embedded Tower quest (similarly, I always like to KO Suicune at Cerulean Cape so I can catch it at the more thematically appropriate Burned Tower). There's also the Apricorns from the originals, and the remakes force you to go back to the Dragon's Den for the Multi Battle with Silver against Lance and Clair before you can start rematching Silver at the League.

Orre is based on Arizona so even if it were canonical I think it would be closer (relatively speaking) to Unova than anything else

Almia seems to be based on the "tail" section of Hokkaido that isn't included as a part of Sinnoh, so in that regard it would sort of be "between" Kanto and Sinnoh, but I don't think Game Freak consider Almia (or any of the Ranger regions) as part of their world.
No. And Almia is directly south from Sinnoh, apparently.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, the only region aside from the PMD world that is not based in anything is Ransei, and it was only because they needed that shape for the backstory.

Ah, it was Almia I was thinking of then.

Does people REALLY think that this is possible?

How many people are delusional enough to actually believe this? And how many are here? Come on guys, be honest. We won't judge your delusion (too hard).

(By the way this is just joking, don't take it too serious.)

Last edited:
Yeah I have been going over PandaR0o and I don't know what people are hyping over. I don't remember his comment of "Something related to Nintendo is coming Stay Tuned for more informations in a few days. Internet is going to explode again ! " actually going anywhere and his tweet about Pokemon Soon was a month and a half before let's go. If he was on to something companies wouldn't give him NDAs and fly him around if he is going around spoiling news. Oh boy, there is something something happening with Pokemon around Pokemon Day... who woulda guessed? People on the internet need more critical thinking skills since social engineering just rolls over way too many people

Like, how dare people looking forward to video games not be happy just knowing there will be two movie trailers? /s

That comment of his comes off as hella judgmental towards us. Guess what, Paul? I haven't seen a movie in near a decade. Of any kind. I'm not a movie person.

Dude's getting filed under 'assbasket' in my brain now. >->

‘Assbasket’ is the best thing I’ve read in such a long time.

At least this fake don't have poor mistakes as the previews ones

Lets look into the logos a bit - the Japanese is done correctly there, it have something over ン which is basically a meteor/comet? When we got Sun and Moon, it was a Z crystal in that place. There's the POKéMON written on top and there's the PokeBall that are placed properly around ポ.

If it's actually fake, props to the person for not making the mistakes like previous fakes did! Incase anyone is curious, it says Pokemon Chaos and Pokemon Control (or Order?).

Last edited:

I liked those designs, but that sheep has appeared before in other fakes, if I'm not mistaken.

About Paul, I don't think he has information about the games. So far, he has always said he is confident because the franchise environment is "propitious" to an announcement, similar to February 2016. Similarly, if we don't have an game announcement, I don't think he loses his credibility. He never said we'll have an announcement, just that he's pretty confident about.

And now are people looking for hints in Joe's posts too?

Interesting to note that both titles (if true) have a elemental feel to them. The red title has a flame-like logo and the blue one has a water droplet in its name. Perhaps the legends of these titles are Fire and Water, or maybe Fire or Ice by primary type?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom