• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joe about the possibility of a press conference in NYC

OOAJsi7.png
I said it already, if any press conference was meant to happen during this week we would have plenty of people teasing pokemon like last year. When a lot of people share a secret, that secret is always somehow teased.

what if they just shadow drop the reveale trailer on pokemon day?
"Thanks everyone for coming here, i would recomend everyone somewhat interested in gen 8 to look at our youtube channel right now".

what if they just shadow drop the reveale trailer on pokemon day?
"Thanks everyone for coming here, i would recomend everyone somewhat interested in gen 8 to look at our youtube channel right now".
Not saying it's impossible but I would say improbable. The reason why they choosed a press conference last year was because they knew people would not have understood let's go games so they needed to clarify that those games were not "The games" and that they were among the main serie games even if that wasn't the feeling. This year is different, they probably want everyone to see the trailer and announcing it it's the best way to let people know.
If nothing happens in the next 2hours and 17 minutes then we can give up on the announcement.

Not saying it's impossible but I would say improbable. The reason why they choosed a press conference last year was because they knew people would not have understood let's go games so they needed to clarify that those games were not "The games" and that they were among the main serie games even if that wasn't the feeling. This year is different, they probably want everyone to see the trailer and announcing it it's the best way to let people know.
If nothing happens in the next 2hours and 17 minutes then we can give up on the announcement.
What is so special about 2 hours and 17 mins from now?

Well since it's a new generation they don't need a big reveal. The video would find its way around really fast by itself.

The treehouse thing isn’t even going to be livestreamed. It’s not worth bringing up.

Last edited:
That's usually the time when things get announced at the latest.
Actually, they usually announce at 11PM JST which is just over 1 hour from now at 9AM EST. The only reason why it is sometime 10AM EST is because of America's weird daylight saving system (which isn't currently in effect). But even then it is still 11PM in Japan.

There’s one thing which no one considered about the logos which I might point out even if they’ve been proven fake:

The logos are just way too plain.

1. The XY logos had a huge stylised X and Y in the style of cover legendaries.
ORAS do it on a lesser scale with a heavily gradient-ed logo with the version mascot colours.

2. Sun and Moon had a stylised Sun and Moon, and in the Ultras, Necrozma’s black bits attached to the icons.

3. In Let’s Go Pikachu and Eevee, the ‘Pikachu’ and ‘Eevee’ were heavily stylised using the respective Pokemon’s colour scheme and design, with the exclamation mark being their tail.

And the logos many thought were real had no such details and just a minuscule drop-like drawing, which is inconsistent with the elaborate logos we’ve got since XY.

It might be something to look out for when future logo leaks pop up.

Reminder:

Pokemon Sun/Moon trademarks were registered on this day three years ago at 3 PM GMT/ 7 AM PST. That's about a hour and a half away from now on. Maybe we're getting something if tomorrow is the big day.

EDIT: Woops I am wrong. It was on the 25th. But still look out for trademark registrations.

Last edited:
They don't need 5 days in a row for promoting LGPE, even the kids on the event would become tired of it

Is it even going to be the same kids going all five days?

Treehouse is not about TCG, Anime or Movies.

all of the days except for thursday are a joint TCG trade & play event + the treehouse thing with face painting and Pikachu and Eevee appearances. it's a fun thing for kids to do while they play with cards

i'm not saying treehouse is going to talk about the cards, just that they're being paired up with that because it's just a general event. obviously they'll talk about games, but they wouldn't be able to say anything about Gen 8 games anyway. what's more likely: 5 hours of repetitive deflection or 5 hours of shilling Lets Go for young fans who arent jaded

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom