• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wakes up huh no new notifications? Only 10 new pages yeah nothing happ...Bulbagarden pop up pokemon direct
just uh... Give me one second
1464874747450.jpg

70e9fec456050c32259aaceae56c24ef0e34a3e0_hq.jpg

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5V0kzLYkYTM

4kMZaz4wGx-4.png

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCCJ9NlzqLw

giphy.gif

Ok I think I'm done...

You had all of them saved for the moment, didn’t you?

Well, a name that matches Sinnoh's theme is the thing I will always welcome.

The Direct is at 6am for me. I am happy about that. I mean I won't force myself to wake up that early, mostly because my roommate won't be able to sleep through my alarm, but I can imagine my body will wake me up around then and be like "Yo Pokemon".

I honestly have no idea what my prediction is for the kind of region we'll see. But I think for this gen I really want to see a Scandinavia based region. It was mentioned late last year after the release of Let's Go, and I haven't stopped wanting it.

Not gonna lie the cynical part me wanted there to be no announcement so we could crush all the fake leakers claiming we'd have something today. Now every one and his mother will be claiming they got it right. With only 7 minutes of footage let's hope atleast 3 of those are the trailer xD

I do wonder about the three Pokéballs, is it possible that they have decided to have 3 starters unique to each version?? I don't think that would be necessary, but it would be really special, and something they may decide to create eventually!

Otherwise I am also wondering if there could be some sort of 3 player co-op?

Speculation:
We'll see a four-legged fire-starter tomorrow that will eventually turn bipedal.

And lots of discussion about the (non)shittyness of the new designs. As always.
hopefully not :( but you are probably right.

If there’s something I’d bet on Pokémon-related, is having the final evo of the fire starters being bipedal, unfortunately.

I do wonder about the three Pokéballs, is it possible that they have decided to have 3 starters unique to each version?? I don't think that would be necessary, but it would be really special, and something they may decide to create eventually!

I think it’s just a reference to the three starters in general, honestly.

Thank you so much for that list. I was hoping to find it. Let's see how close we got to the actual names tomorrow.

Yeah, I remember when we set up that list, a while ago. Let's see if we hit something tomorrow. xD

I don't want to underestimate the creative ability of Game Freak, but it will be incridible if the games have interesting names and themes that are not on that list (Although I have already thought of several other titles since then).

They’re not too keen on increasing dex numbers so creating 6 starter lines is not something I can see them doing, specially since the base trio is the mascot of the Generation and 6 mascots will be iffy to handle at best.

Gamefreak ends up having problems giving equal attention to 3 starters so 6 is a much more clunky arrangement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom