• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's pretty likely we'll get more than Logos tbh. I don't wanna jump the gun and get too excited but

-we're in a similar situation we were in pre-gen 6 announcement. There's no officially confirmed gen 8 pokemon like there usually is before an announcement

and, S/M's reveal trailer was only 30 seconds long. Even with a 7 minute direct, I don't think they'd spend 6 minutes talking about spinoffs, history of the series, etc.

How long did the Direct from Sun and Moon last? I really don't remember.

Hmmm...if it ISN'T the Gen 8 reveal, what else could it be??? :unsure:

Anyone got any guesses just in case?

I'm going to guess some side games (which most of the fandom will promptly ignore)

I wouldn't be surprised if the two trailers and the direct are somehow related.
Anyway, the directs for the countries have some keywords on them: rpg, switch, gameplay, action. Promising to say the least.

they might've learned from the S/M reveal. When all you plan on showcasing is logo's, if those logo trademarks leak, the announcement is basically killed

The context of SM's announcement was also different. Many still expected a Pokémon Z. So even if only the titles, it was a good surprise.

rides in with my entourage of fire starters COME MY CHILDREN, HOPEFULLY WE SHALL BE MEETING YOUR NEW BROTHER ON THE MORROW.

It's happening it's happening it's happening I am so glad I woke up early today and just happened to check here.

Now I have to decide if I'm gonna stay up to watch the direct or set my alarm so I get up in time to watch it. 9 am is a difficult time for me due to my sleep issues. xD

Hmmm...if it ISN'T the Gen 8 reveal, what else could it be??? :unsure:

Anyone got any guesses just in case?

They would never make a Pokemon direct on the anniversary day just to reveal a spin-off. It's going to be a mainline game for sure so most likely Gen 8.

7 minutes for the new games wouldn't be surprising. Especially for the real first Pokemon game which most likely will be revolutionary in terms of graphics and other things.

rides in with my entourage of fire starters COME MY CHILDREN, HOPEFULLY WE SHALL BE MEETING YOUR NEW BROTHER ON THE MORROW.

It's happening it's happening it's happening I am so glad I woke up early today and just happened to check here.

Now I have to decide if I'm gonna stay up to watch the direct or set my alarm so I get up in time to watch it. 9 am is a difficult time for me due to my sleep issues. xD
I'm waiting for my hated weird slow water starter to turn into a monster. It's tradition Now.

Imagine how many rumors will be debunked tomorrow XD
Guys there are high chances the titles will come before the directs because several people in different countries have now access to the directs. Chaos and control may or may not be real, only time will tell.

Imagine how many rumors will be debunked tomorrow XD
Guys there are high chances the titles will come before the directs because several people in different countries have now access to the directs. Chaos and control may or may not be real, only time will tell.
When should we expect the leaks to start coming in? Sometime around the afternoon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom