• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently looking over Masuda's twitter to look for some kind of secret message or a hint for the next games.

Last wishes:
Grass bear starter
Fire rabbit starter
Water Elephant Starter
Australia as region
One of the box legendaries is a dolphin

I will never stop wishing for that Platypus water starter. I know it was a fake by a talented artist. I KNOW, OK?! I WILL NEVER. STOP. WISHING.

ON A MORE SERIOUS ... oops, sorry...

On a more serious note, I will legitimately lose my shit if there are new regional variants OR new Megas. If there is both... well, Gen 8 it was brief but thank you for everything. I am now dead.

I'm kind of late to the party (I blame my university's kriffing stupid schedule), but since everyone's sharing their excitement, why not join in?

I'm just so glad that Game Freak proved the nonbelievers wrong. I'm so hyped that they finally revealed the Direct. And it's tomorrow. And it's not only in the middle of the afternoon for me, but by the time it goes live I'll be done with all of my courses, meaning I'll be free too enjoy it. I just feel SO HAPPY! SO ENERGIZED! WE'RE FINALLY GETTING GEN 8 NEWS!! AND I'LL FINALLY BE ABLE TO WATCH A DIRECT LIVE WITHOUT HAVING TO STAY AWAKE AN ENTIRE NIGHT!!! IT'S A GREAT... no. IT'S AN AMAZING TIME TO BE ALIVE!!!!!

Oh no... My excitement level... It's... It's...
Old memes aside, I just can't contain my excitement anymore (it took all of my willpower not to be screaming with joy in the middle of my university courses). I don't care if they reveal the region, the starters or just the titles (thou I hope to Arceus they don't do just the latter). I just can't wait for tomorrow.

My body is ready. I am at maximum over-hype. New region! New pokemon! New player characters!

I really hope we get PCs that are more like Black/White and X/Y. I like the idea of slightly older trainers more than children. Also hopefully we'll have more 'unnatural' hair color options at salons. They can't tell me it'd ruin immersion when Wallace, Lysander, Whitney, and Fantina exist.

Someone over at a social network suggested a Water/Bug-type Pokémon based on a Water Bear, about the same size as a Caterpie.
That makes me think it would be the next Forretress or Shuckle. And would be the only one of those I like.

By the way, do you think Bulbagarden will crash during the announcement.

My hopes for tomorrow's direct:

-Britain, Italy, Greece, Brazil or Scandinavia as the region.
-If it's one of the first three: Space theme with references to Sinnoh.
-Gyms back. Make the later gym leader have more than 3 Pokemon.
-Make the games harder in generell.
-Big region: With the Switch having so much power and games like Mario Odyssey and Zelda BotW having such a high quality, I expect the games to have the biggest world yet. So that means 40+ routes.
-Post-Game area like in Sinnoh (5-10 routes)
-Not going to happen but maybe for the third version/s: Battle Frontier. Especially if the competive gameplay (breeding, training and fighting) is similiar to Gen 6.

I don't think we will get third versions ever again, at least seeing how people trashed USUM even though they added more or less the same amount of content that other third versions do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom