• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 mere years after Let's Go which is still being promoted and 2 whole entire Gens of Kanto shilling?

200.gif

Nah, Kanto has gotta be out of their systems by this point it has to be. Let's Go Johto incarnation is much more likely than any more Kanto. As far as "sequels" go, well what was Gen 2 exactly if not a direct sequel to Gen 1?

Oh no.. I just had a terrible thought after reading this.. what if they’re saving Gen 8 for the 25th anniversary, and we’re getting Sinnoh remakes this year.. and that’s the reason why TPC teased “Sinnoh confirmed” on their Instagram..
We not waiting 2 years for a new gen, chill.
gen 7 is old enough to move on

Yeah.. yeah.. you guys are right, sorry.. I’m just in this super hype and happy mood and my mind is just trying to destroy my expectations to save me from possible disappointment

So what is everyone’s non-generation 8 predictions for tomorrow?

- Detective Pikachu Deluxe. HD up res of the game, will launch late April/May for movie publicity.

-update on Pokemon Quest that will include Pokemon from Johto and Alola variants

-Pokemon TV app for Switch

So what is everyone’s non-generation 8 predictions for tomorrow?

- Detective Pikachu Deluxe. HD up res of the game, will launch late April/May for movie publicity.

-update on Pokemon Quest that will include Pokemon from Johto and Alola variants

-Pokemon TV app for Switch
This are pretty good guesses, but i think we getting gen 8 only for now.

This are pretty good guesses, but i think we getting gen 8 only for now.

For the direct I agree it will most likely be just the next switch games but I’m sure they’ll sprinkle in some smaller announcements during the tree house segments.

People would probably hate USUM a lot less if it was like a 10-20$ DLC pack.

As a 40$ title it’s not really worth it if you already played SM.
Interestingly enough, I played US more than I played Sun.

One other thing I'd like to see announced in the direct tomorrow, save for what everyone else has mentioned, is a FUCKING UPDATE TO POKEMON QUEST. I paid $30 for this bruh.

We just got a Kanto remake last year now please let it rest for a couple of years. If Game Freak decides to release another Kanto game only three years after the last one, then I'll call this kind of Kanto pandering outright stupid.

I don't think we're in any danger of another Kanto remake anytime soon- if anything, we're looking at a Sinnoh remake in the near future and maybe a Let's Go Johto.

I would not be mad if we got some more Kanto regional variants in this generation, though- but I'd prefer if we also got some non-Kanto ones.

Im curious what percentage of the direct is allocated to Gen 8 and its reveal.

Xy only got 1.32 mins out of a 11 pokemon direct and SM got 20ish seconds out of a 6 and a half min pokemon direct.

Because theres 3 pokeballs in the direct image, I hope its a XY like reveal where we see the starters, characters and region.

I don't think I can see the whole Direct being spent in Gen 8, so I would love to see some time spent on other things (that being said, I hope we have some gameplay stuff of Gen 8 to go off of) . An Update for Pokemon Quest would be really good. I haven't played that game in a while, and more Pokemon being added in will give me a reason to go back to it. I would love to maybe see a new spinoff title too.

I think we’ll get a quick trailer of the region, enough to be able to figure out what real life region it’s based on, and then we’ll either get a silhouette starter reveal or just a straight up starter reveal, I prefer silhouette reveals to be perfectly honest, it gives us more to speculate about, I believe they did this for Gen 5 and people got the starters so wrong lol, everyone thought Snivy’s silhouette was the fire starter because the pointy leaves on the tail got mistaken for a flame. Oshawott got mistaken for the grass starter (ironically enough Chespin is literally a grass Oshawott) so people thought Tepig’s silhouette for a water starter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom