• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think I can see the whole Direct being spent in Gen 8, so I would love to see some time spent on other things (that being said, I hope we have some gameplay stuff of Gen 8 to go off of) . An Update for Pokemon Quest would be really good. I haven't played that game in a while, and more Pokemon being added in will give me a reason to go back to it. I would love to maybe see a new spinoff title too.

The only other game that could be announced is detective Pikachu for the switch.

A traditional pokemon game with a useful gimmick I hope. Mega Evos and Z-Moves are cool and all but kind of a waste of time.

I personally want them to modernise and spice it up a bit. Pokemon has gotten a lil mundane lately especially compared to the other JRPG franchises. I wouldnt be opposed to a BOTW shakeup where a lot of the core features stay, but lil tweaks are here and there to bring it in line with the modern era.

As long as they have gyms, a harder difficulty and good overall pacing and plot Ill accept anything.

Nah froakie was in the meh category for just being another frog. Chespin was being made out to grass oshawott and everyone was losing their damn minds over fenniken

Fair, I do remember Chespin getting overlooked as well. It's kind of funny what happened in retrospect though, Fennekin's fanbase disappeared almost overnight once Delphox's model was shown while Froakie's exponentially grew once Greninja and Protean was found out about.

I just want beginner and veteran modes.

The latter skips all tutorials and your rival is an ass.
Yes for the skipped tutorials. No for the jerkass rival, specially because I feel he would be Blue 2.0, and I really dislike him because he sounded like an asshole crybaby. No wonder Oak preferred Red.

First things first, the only time Kanto is going to reappear again is through Let's Go Johto and even then, that's probably not happening in a few years since if they do follow the order of remakes based on their original releases, with the first remakes counting as original releases. Sinnoh is obviously next in line because HGSS were released after Platinum. Secondly, it's time for Pokemon to move on from the Game Boy line of Pokemon games in terms of remakes.

How about a rival whose attitude toward you depends on your responses? XD
There is a shortage on games where your choices actually matter. At least, non-indie games.

Unrelated: I'm willing to bet that part of the direct is just gonna be some pokken dlc or something.

I think I can take a short Pokemon catching tutorial, and maybe something else, I just don't want to see another hour long tutorial that was Sun and Moon. It makes those games very hard to start a new playthrough of because I don't want to sit through over an hour of tutorials. I hope that they have realized their mistake with that and limit it down to just catching Pokemon and maybe a couple smaller things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom