• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

That's the link to the purported artist, but just scroll down and check his history out. No way he's the real artist.

I can't post a link without mod approval but Google "z0dim0n instagram" for the purported artist, but just scroll down and check his history out. No way he's the real artist.

Whew! I caught up!!

Betting fire will be the most hated this gen and water will be the most loved
Don’t do that to me! I need a great fanservisy fire starter after all the horrible twists in the past three generations! At this point they’re playing with the emotions of pyro-maniacs..

Someone posted the water starter to go with the sheep/mole starter leaks
ELm1ysu.jpg

I still think the sheep and mole are ugly but DAMN I love that water bear

OH MY GOD THAT BEAR MUST BE CHERISHED AND PROTECTED AT ALL COSTS

Not sure if it got posted here already but this is great

View: https://twitter.com/chuchumcgo:bulbaWave:status/1100401234295566336

It’s gold.

I can't post a link without mod approval but Google "z0dim0n instagram" for the purported artist, but just scroll down and check his history out. No way he's the real artist.
I looked and I think he might be. His coloring/shading style is pretty consistent and looks like how the starters are. And even if he's not the artist, they're probably still fake

I don't know, I really like his lion one. But I'm biased towards lions. I also disliked 2 out of 3 of the starters, so it might just be a subjective thing.

But also wouldn't be surprising because it's very very easy to just grab a popular image and say it's yours.

The wildfire is spreading faster, big huge waves are crashing down the shore, plants and trees are growing faster, thunderstorms are rumbling, tornadoes are moving faster, the whole earth is cracking, insects are crawling, blouders are tumbling down, bladed weapons are raised, all souls are blessed, particles in chemicals are moving faster, dragons are rampaging, fists are raised up high, iceburgs and glaciers are cracking loudly, our minds are sensing something wonderful, magic is happening and all humans (us) are crazy because the long night is over, Gen 8 will be revealed soon! Let's all cheer for Nintendo!

Last edited:

??? What do you mean? You can see him use the exact same shading style between pics.

See how the wool of the Fire starter has a kind of cloudy style for shading? It's the exact same with this other Fakemon. The fakes look more crisp, yeah, but that's because they're clearly made to emulate the official style.
(also I think his Fakemon are all really good-a jellyfish/vase combination for Aquarius is genius-so I don't understand all the hate on them, but I guess that's off-topic...)

Is there any trademark leak yet or any leak at all? No nerve look trough ~10pages

I'm just going off more of the design itself. Nothing before these 3 looked even remotely good or 'accurate'.

I understand that they are fake, but all of his designs have the same generic fakemon style you see on the vast majority of results when you search for fakemon. I'm not sure why the template is so popular because they look nothing like Pokemon, even badly designed Pokemon. If they wanted to have a shot at impressing Game Freak (not that I think GF would go searching for talent like this) then why adhere to this template? It's a bit peculiar besides the fact that I assume they are incapable of doing so.

Let's celebrate the countdown like it's New Years. Generation 7 ending in 8 hours. The lads at Nintendo are getting dressed up. I got my drink ready. This sunrise will be the first sunrise of Generation 8 because we reached the end of a rainbow.

Because they're not trying to impressive Game Freak? They're doing it as promotional art for their own projects, or just because they like to display them that way. The template is popular because it's an easy way to share their work. (And I don't see what a style or template has to do with the design of a Fakemon being bad...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom