• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm slightly nervous we won't get a 'pure' Gen 8 title, but a very updated Gen 4 remaster.. I doubt it, but I can't get the thought out of my head.

My serious predictions :

• Retrospective on the series.
  • Announcement of a Dungeon Mystery spin-off on mobile.
  • Detective Pikachu port on Switch to surf on the movie success.
  • Gen 8 trailer, with starters at the very least.

My serious predictions :

• Retrospective on the series.
  • Announcement of a Dungeon Mystery spin-off on mobile.
  • Detective Pikachu port on Switch to surf on the movie success.
  • Gen 8 trailer, with starters at the very least.
  1. Nerd me like.
  2. Dooooon't care. I have one game I play on my phone and that game is Animal Crossing Pocket Camp. :p
  3. I would be fine with this. I need more switch games anyway and I haven't played it yet.
  4. THEY BETTER HAVE THIS AT LEAST.

I just took my sleep medication and set my alarm for 8:30 so I can wake up and watch it at nine where I am. I AM HYPE.

THE BOXART LEAKED GUYS

Rest in peace Kanto. Your story has been revisited more times than Batman & Spiderman's origin stories combined, and your're becoming the Hollywood remake of Pokemon. Take a sleep, a looooooong sleep.

I'm slightly nervous we won't get a 'pure' Gen 8 title, but a very updated Gen 4 remaster.. I doubt it, but I can't get the thought out of my head.

A new Gen is not beginning with a remake, especially since we pretty much just had a remake of Pokemon Yellow. The 3 Pokeballs hints at new starters being revealed. This is it, get aboard Kyogre ride the waves of freedom.

I can't function properly the next few hours.

Will be my 4th time that a new generation is revealed. D/P were the first titles I owned.

Because they're not trying to impressive Game Freak? They're doing it as promotional art for their own projects, or just because they like to display them that way. The template is popular because it's an easy way to share their work. (And I don't see what a style or template has to do with the design of a Fakemon being bad...)

I don't mean the background template. I'm talking about all the fakemons seem to build off a similar template that screams fake. Not just this artist, but most of the results of people creating them. There is more consistency in fakemon design than there is in Pokemon themselves. And, maybe some like it, but I personally do not. That's about it really.

The bunny, Platypus and monkey were pretty much the best fanart Starters we’ve ever got.

Haha actually I meant even considering the actual starters. Fake art wise, nope. Those three are in the same vein as Gen 5/6 starters, which may be why people like them, but the only starter I liked out of those 6 was Tepig. I'm sure a lot of people who are still Pokefans are from that Gen though.

6 hours to go....in my area.

I think it's the same time remaining for all areas, no?

A new Gen is not beginning with a remake, especially since we pretty much just had a remake of Pokemon Yellow. The 3 Pokeballs hints at new starters being revealed. This is it, get aboard Kyogre ride the waves of freedom.

Just like how the initial title released on Switch was not going to be a Go game and not a new Gen? As I stated, I doubt that's what happens, but I'm also apprehensive.

Do you think they will do a past gens montage like with the other pokemon directs where it takes most of the direct time or will we have a more meaty reveal this time ?

Do you think they will do a past gens montage like with the other pokemon directs where it takes most of the direct time or will we have a more meaty reveal this time ?
I'm hoping they wont given the 'gen overview' video's they've been doing on youtube (even though they are anime scenes). They do the montage every single time and i just want to skip to the good part!

I'm hoping they wont given the 'gen overview' video's they've been doing on youtube (even though they are anime scenes). They do the montage every single time and i just want to skip to the good part!

I agree because it takes close to 90% of the actual direct on stuff we already know LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom