• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the Fire and Water starters. The choice will depend on the last evolutions, it seems. As much as my dream region has always been Italy, UK sounds just as good. The graphics will take a while to get used to, mainly because I expected something more like BotW graphics, but I suppose both the graphics will get better until the release and they will look better to my eyes by then.

I've been wondering if it was a mistake to buy Switch for Pokémon after LGPE, but so far, I am leaning toward "No, it wasn't".

Also, it looks like following Pokemon is not returning unless it is optional. The protags also appear to be of the older variety similar to BW & XY. Additionally, we only get one glimpse of a protag in an alternate outfit, but it looks like a soccer uniform, so it might be for some new feature.

i'm wishing for scorbunny to be fire fairy.

And did anyone see the grass thingy? Scorbunny steps in and burns the grass, Sobble extinguishes the fire, and grookey made the grass grow. Around all the mechanical things. I think this is something hinting bout the plot? Idk whaddyall think?

I was hoping to have a more expansive map this time, and it is going to be incredible linear from the looks over. Straight up. I love the appearance, but I was kind of hoping for me. Still I guess it’s just traditional pokemon, but I was really hoping for something new for the switch. :/ a battling style difference. Something. I suppose it’s still possible, but unlikely. I need evos to decide anything on the starters. Not a fan.

Games look amazing!

Sword and Shield were rumored titles; cool to see that come to pass.
I'm a grass starter guy, so I'll probably choose Grookey, but the other too are
not bad at all! (I usually play with each starter depending on how many copies I end
up getting!)

As for version- I'll probably go with Shield; my brother will get Sword, etc.

Now we wait for leaks of the starter evolutions. Hopefully I like them more than the starters' base stages, I'm not a big fan of these.

I hope the legendaries will be medieval themed, it just fits so perfectly in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom