• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So its finally revealed. Is it time to start speculating Gen IX yet? Anyways part of the region does seem Sweden like, but I can very easily see the connections between it and Britain. Hope fully the starters grow on my cause they just didn't do it for me like previous gens have.
More like speculation about a remake since it's very possible that a remake will come out in this generation.

I’m still shaking with excitement from that reveal. Sword and Shield are awesome names, UK region was one of my most wanted, gyms are back, the trainers seem aged up again (I think?) , I love all of the starter designs. Oh man. Gamefreak, you absolutely knocked it out of the park with this direct

I think all the starters are cute, but I like Scorbunny best so far. But I'll wait until I see their evolutions before I decide which one to choose.

I really like the player character designs, and that they're a little older again.

Well the forums are skill up...I like the look of the region so far...but the starters are not jumping out at me yet. I'll have to think hard on which one I want as my partner for this game.

So how are we for leaks, anything for sure true at all?

Wales is probably under the clouds and is it's own hypothetical region? Like Southern France and the rest of New York and New Jersey.
No, I checked. There's literally nothing there.

EDIT:

Well the forums are skill up...I like the look of the region so far...but the starters are not jumping out at me yet. I'll have to think hard on which one I want as my partner for this game.

So how are we for leaks, anything for sure true at all?

Only that it was the UK.

Huh. I owe someone $20. I was certain they'd try someplace other than Japan/America/Europe.

@PkmnTrainerV

There was:

Anyway, a leak about pokemon gen 8 had surfaced on 4chan,but it's in Japanese.
It says:
·.·´¯·.· ポケット モンスター剣 - ポケット モンスター盾!地域は、古いロンドン、イギリスに基づいています!120 新ポケット モンスターがある! アナウンス トレーラーは、2 月 12 日になります! ·.·´¯·.·
I used Google translation for it,it says:
The area is based on old London, England! There are 120 new pocket monsters! Announcement trailer will be on February 12!
Translation of that 4chan leak for those who care to read it; apologies if this was
translated already:

Pocket Monster Ken (Sword) and Pocket Monster Tate (Shield). Area is based on London/England.
There will be 120 new Pokemon. Announcement trailer will released on February 12th.
Although it was wrong about that the reveal date, the rest is probably real.

Great Pokemon direct right to the point so far liking the Galar region so beautiful got Sinnoh vibes from it! Like the the Protagonists look like teens agains! Gyms are back thank you!!!!!!can't decide which starter I like yet so far I hope the story is good doubt anything Gen 5 tier but hopefully a bit more serious.

I saw the short video that was put out just now! The starters are decently cute. I think Scorbunny and Sobble are absolutely adorable! Definitely getting Scorbunny for sure. I do wish it was a little more cuddly and fluffy, but oh well! I'll take what I can get! I love the graphics and the region design, and the player character designs actually look cute and sensible! I better start saving my money for Sword and Shield now! I'm kinda sad they didn't bring back the overworld encounters from Let's Go, but oh well!

Now the question remains: Will trainer customization return?

Pokémon One Step Forward and Pokémon Two Steps Back

One thing Im disappointed at was how linear the map looks like IT WAS THE MOST LINEAR LOOKING MAP OF ANY POKEMON GAME! You could see that you would start from the farm like area to the end which is the town how sad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom