• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official site for Global Trade Station announces closure: Site to close down Sept. 14

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Official site for Global Trade Station announces closure: Site to close down Sept. 14, 2010

The official Pokémon site for the Global Trade Station feature present in the Generation IV Pokémon games is set to close on September 14.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: Official site for Global Trade Station announces closure: Site to close down Sept

The GTS has/had it's own website?

Re: Official site for Global Trade Station announces closure: Site to close down Sept

Yes, a lame and useless one at it. I never saw the point in it. Good, its gone.

As long as the GTS in the game isn't somehow turned off, or the wifi since they should know that there will be people still playing D/P/P/HG/SS

I wonder if the little "live trades" they would show where Pokemon were jumping from one part of the globe to another was real.

Anyways, the site was fun for about 30 minutes. After that, I lost complete interest in it, so not really gonna miss it. Like the above post said, as long as the in-game GTS is still working, I'm fine.

I wonder for how long the Generation IV GTS and Wi-Fi Battle Tower will remain functional.

Until Gen VI's debut on 3DS which will pull a Gen III and make previous gens incompatible.

Or something.

Also, "may probably" from the article is cool.

I forgot about that site. I checked it out before I had wifi and forgot about it.

Since Gen V is coming out it's obsolete.

I wonder for how long the Generation IV GTS and Wi-Fi Battle Tower will remain functional.
I've wondered this too... Hopefully still some years after Black and White.

But anyway, I loved watching GTS site every one and then. It looked really cool, even it was really useless.

Since Gen V is coming out it's obsolete.
It's not obsolete since the Generation IV GTS is a separate feature. Besides, the Global Link site apparently won't track the trades in the Generation V GTS, either. However, the GTS site was never very helpful due to having no effect on the games themselves; the real question is if the new GTS will have improved search functions like the ones this site had.

It was a pretty mediocre site anyway. Wasn't it for, what, looking for people? The ingame GTS did that for you.

It was a pretty mediocre site anyway. Wasn't it for, what, looking for people? The ingame GTS did that for you.
It is a mediocre site since it doesn't affect gameplay. But the site does show how limited the in-game GTS is; it shows all the Pokémon desposited into the system (rather than just the seven search results that come up first), as well as their moves. Of course, the GTS' biggest flaw is making it impossible to search for Pokémon you haven't seen, which is a problem the site obviously doesn't have (although that doesn't change anything in the games).

Last edited:

Does it say 11:00 AM PST when you guys open the bulbanews page?

The music was the most annoying thing...

I won't miss him. However, I hope this doesn't mean that the GTS o¡itself will be shot down soon. I still need to trade many Pokémon to complete my Dex.

That's surprising. I would've expected it to keep going for at least a little while after B&W's release. In the grand scheme of things, running that site probably don't cost Nintendo very much; and people will still be using Gen IV games for quite some time.

I'm fine with the GTS site shutdown, as long as they don't shut down gen IV wifi. The site hadn't been updated anyway, as there were only D/P/Pt logos on the site.

Yeah, this makes sense. I personally never used the website, only played the games, so I'm not really all that sad, if not sad at all.

who cares the website barely does anything the games is what has to stay

who cares the website barely does anything the games is what has to stay

It will stay, but you don't need to be so doubtful about the website closing. It has benefitted many people. I personally, however, was not one of those people who used the website.

So, once again, the games will stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom