• 4chan is an 18+ website, and as such we do not want to expose our underage users to that site.

You may post screen shots and text from 4chan, but direct linking to the site or its archival sites is not allowed.

Thanks.

• Snowy leaves Circhester and heads to Spikemuth. Watch here as his Rotom Bike learns to swim...somehow.
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters! Click here to check out the event and sign up!

SPOILERS Official Sword/Shield Travelog Thread

An illusion that didn't work out
Reaction score
Alright, my runthrough of Pokémon Sword has gone to the point where I’m in the Wild Area. Started filling up the Pokédex early on by catching lots of Pokémon and sending them to the Boxes. I found a Brilliant Nickit, which I caught and sent to a Box, as well as a Brilliant Skwovet, which I also sent to a Box. My team is as follows (I don’t do nicknames). I forgot the levels...
  • Scorbunny
  • Gigantamax Meowth (I put it first in the party to serve as my catching ‘mon, thanks to Fake Out.)
  • Rookidee
  • Dottler
  • Chewtle
  • Ninjask (yes, I got lucky and found this level 15 one in the Wild Area via special overworld encounter. It has False Swipe, which is sure to come in handy.)
I tried a Max Raid Battle against a Minccino, but I could only battle with NPCs, since I didn’t get a Nintendo Online subscription, and all the NPC Pokémon got one-hit KOed, save for those with Focus Sashes. Needless to say, I lost the battle, and it wasn’t even my fault.

After that, I set up Pokémon Camp for my first time, and cooked spicy curry with a Cheri Berry. I got Wobbuffet Class, which I’m not sure if it’s good or not. My Pokémon certainly enjoyed it.

I haven’t gotten to the first Gym yet...
I have reached Route 5! I evolved Rookidee into Corvisquire and used it to beat the Turffield Gym with ease. I battled in the Wild Area for a bit, ditched Ninjask and replaced it with a Drilbur which I caught in a Galar Mine, and replaced Meowth with the Toxel from the Daycare. My team, which had evolved a few, is as follows:
  • Raboot
  • Corvisquire
  • Toxel
  • Dottler
  • Drilbur
  • Chewtle
Of course, in the Galar Mine, I had no trouble with that battle with Bede...until his Solosis's Confusion confused my Dottler. Oh well, I still won, though.

I put Ninjask away because it had absolutely no moves that were the same type as it, and besides, I taught my Drilbur TR Drill Run. That ought to be good.

I use Pokémon Camp for healing on the go, experience gain, and gaining friendship.
I progressed along and took a trip to the Wild Area. I got super lucky with finding a Rare Den with a Riolu inside. I battled and caught the Riolu with a Friend Ball that I received from the Ball Guy. After beating the Hulbury Water Gym, my team is this:
  • Raboot
  • Corvisquire
  • Toxel (Brave Nature, so it will evolve into an Amped Toxtricity)
  • Lucario (That Friend Ball really worked wonders! Lucario beat the Dynamax Drednaw with ease.)
  • Drilbur (the Sociable)
  • Drednaw (who helped beat Goldeen and Arrokuda with its Strong Jaw-boosted Bite and its STAB Rock Tomb)
I sure made a lot of progress since I last played! I made it all the way to Stow-on-Side, and beat the Motostoke Gym along the way. I used nothing but Drednaw, and it worked out fine.

I also ran into Bede a couple of times. I easily swept his team with my Drednaw’s Bite.

And of course, at one point Hop loses to Bede. Oh well. Somewhere along there, Opal the Fairy-type Gym Leader comes along as well, apparently looking for a successor. Hmm...

At Stow-on-Side, I battled Hop. I knew he would send out a Cramorant first thanks to me watching my friend play through that point, so I sent out my newly-evolved Amped Toxtricity and one-shotted it with Spark.

Thanks to Wild Area News, I nabbed two Milcery and evolved them both into Alcremie, though one of them was level 30 while the other was 17, so I’m going to use the level 30 one against the upcoming Fighting-type Gym.

Stopping for now, though I’m going straight for the Gym next time I play.
I beat the Stow-on-Side Gym, using my Alcremie against everyone and Gigantamaxing her against Bea's Machamp. Alcremie had Draining Kiss, Sweet Kiss, Acid Armor, and Stored Power, so I basically used Acid Armor to max out my Defense first. Then, I could use Stored Power effectively, and of course protect against physical moves. That was how I beat Bea, with stacking on Acid Armor. Miraculously, the Pangoro survived my Draining Kiss with 1 HP and used Circle Throw to phaze Alcremie out. That was unexpected. It took me three G-Max Finales to knock out the Gigantamax Machamp.

Afterwards, I took care of Bede, though he managed to knock out my Drednaw. He just got lucky with a confusion from Psybeam.

Then, after healing up, I headed for Ballonlea, catching an Impidimp in Glimwood Tangle. After I arrived, I went to the Wild Area and caught a level 40 Morgrem from a Max Raid Battle. When I flew back to Ballonlea, I healed at the Pokémon Center and fed my Pokémon some Experience Candies, evolving Corvisquire and Raboot into Corviknight and Cinderace respectively. Next, I'll battle Opal at the Fairy-type Gym.

Last edited:
Given power
Reaction score
Well, why not? Let's enter this mid-report.

Picked myself up after several days of doing anything but the plot. Beat up fairy gym. Filled in dex some and stopped last night ready to head into route 8, hopefully.

- Cinderace "Bep"
- Vanillish "Nilly"
- Cincinno "Cinny"
- Obstagoon "Azeban"
- Sylveon "Ribbon"
- Manectric "Raijin"
- Mudsdale "Platero"
- Vespiquen "Rita Beepulsa"
- Noibat "Fidget"
- Sirfetch'd "Boudicca"
- Rilaboom "Louie"
- Intelleon "Moore"
- Pupitar "Isabelle"
- Dreepy (No name yet, though Japanese)
- G-Weezing "Fujin"
- Copperajah (No name yet)
- Cursola "Ecto"
- G-Rapidash (No name yet)
- GMAX-Lapras "Maxwell"
- Escavalier (No name yet)
What? Screw using just 6, there's too many I want to use and moreso that may never get to use them again. Did it the last two games and pushing it to as far a reasonable logical extreme as can be. Game's seemingly built for it anyway with all the candy you get. Last two are for max (r)aids and catching Pokemon when Quick Balls fail me respectively. They're much higher leveled, compared to the others who are all around Lv40.

Looking for a way to be whole again.
Reaction score
I have done a Max Raid Battle yesterday against a Gigantamaxed Alcremie, sent in Zacian while the only other real player sent in Zamazenta. It just helps a lot when all the moves being used against Dynamaxed/Gigantamaxed Pokemon are super effective to take them down faster. The only moves that we used were Behemoth Blade and Behemoth Bash thanks to Alcremie being weak to Steel-type moves in general.

ᴡᴀɴᴅᴇʀᴇʀ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴍᴇ
Reaction score
took a break from shiny hunting for a while to kind of think about what i should shiny hunt next for future competitive teams, and honestly i think Drapion has a pretty cool shiny, so i'm likely going to go that route.

Splat smallfry on sight.
Reaction score
A few days ago something happened that I never thought would happen in sword and shield: Alfie's wobbuffett actually managed to KO a pokemon in a max raid battle. (It was a 5 star G-max toxtricity.)

Geek of the Games
Reaction score
Haven't achieved too much lately, as I've been working on a backlog of a number of games. Mostly just doing some raids and breeding for a (semi-competitive) shiny Hawlucha. Haven't gotten said shiny Hawlucha yet, but I did end up getting a 6 IV one in the process. I might trade it over to another game file so I can have an early powerhouse on that team. We'll see. Though I did get a shiny 4-star G-Max Grimsnarl yesterday (and the AI just barely survived the raid, since I still have some... reservations with online play, especially since my wi-fi is shaky at best, making online play tedious at times).

EDIT: While I'm still trying to get that shiny Hawlucha, I managed to breed four more 6 IV Hawluchas. Given the fact my boxes were starting to get full, I Surprise Traded all the recently hatched Hawluchas (95% had 5 IVs minimum) to see what I get, keeping one of the 6 IV Hawluchas for myself. Though, as stated before, my wi-fi is shaky at best, and true to form, it crashed three times during the searching process, so I still have a fair few Hawluchas to give out, but I'll wait until my Switch recharges (I was using it in handheld mode this time).

Last edited:
sailor mars
Reaction score
Haven't been playing too much, but I picked it up for the second time today before I went to work. I'm on Route 3 making my way towards the first gym. Not too much to say here. I've got a team of 5 Pokemon already, which I wasn't expecting, but apparently they threw a bunch of the ones I wanted to use early on. I tried a raid battle, which got me my 5th Pokemon, a Corphish, though I may drop it later on down the road.

Overall, I'm enjoying the game thus far and I'm looking forward to continuing with it.

Geek of the Games
Reaction score
I've managed to resurrect a Shield playthrough on my main Switch today (it was my technically second main Shield playthrough, as my first, which was on my Switch Lite, ultimately glitched). It was positioned just after beating Kabu, with a team consisting of a Cinderace, Corvisquire (now Corviknight), Lucario, Vaporeon, Appletun, and Hattrem. Since the new event has been going on, with the whole version exclusives thing, I decided to activate it on that playthrough. And boy, was I glad I did that. I was raking in the rare Mons in that playthrough: a HA Galarian Darumaka, a G-Max Snorlax, and a G-Max Machamp (though that damn Snorlax gave me a lot of trouble, as I had to reset the Max Raid a good six times before I finally got the blubber belly boy, while I got the Machamp in one shot). Glad I decided to do something different instead of shiny breeding for a change. I may keep that event going on that save file longer than it will allow due to wanting to find a few more HA G-Darumakas, since I want to try breeding them for future playthroughs, especially since they're one of the few HA Mons from this gen I was missing (that and the one I caught has a Calm nature, which won't work for it, so I'd rather have a few other options to breed with).

But, in regards to the actual playthrough, I'm currently at Hammerlocke, just before meeting Rose (I wanted to heal and sell all the vendor trash I got, plus the 50 Poke Balls that had been accidentally stockpiled, as I refuse to use them now that I have access to at least Great Balls... plus I hate the standard model, which is a well-known fact about me at this point). I also caught a bunch of other Mons outside of the Max Raids that I was missing like Liepard, Gloom, Cufant, Kingler, and so on, now that I can access Mons that are Lv35 and lower. Taking a break now to let the Switch's Joy Cons recharge but I may go back on the hunt either later today or tomorrow. Also hoping to get my new Pro Controller for the Switch delivered soon, as my Joy Con buttons are starting to get worn out (curry cooking and using the Poke Toy at camp will do that after a long enough time, among other factors). That's all for now.

EDIT: Update time. After taking it back up around 4 PM (considering there's a snowstorm going on here, I don't have much else to do), I have to say the event has been very kind to me in this revived Shield playthrough. I caught another G-Max Machamp, two more G-Max Snorlax, another G-Darumaka (though no HA), a HA G-Farfetch'd, a G-Max Gengar, a HA Pincurchin, and both Shelmet and Karrablast. With the exception of Sirfetch'd, G-Darmanatan, Accelgor, and Escavalier (as those can only be found in 4-Star Raids and up and I'm only up to 3-Stars, though I can just simply evolve the ones I have), I've caught virtually everything this event has to offer in one day for this Shield version. Also got a truckload of fossils, so I can, um... "revive" all the Fossil Mons (Cara... why must you torture those poor creatures by bringing them into existence???). Not to mention more vendor trash like Rare Bones, which has pushed my Poke Dollar funds to nearly the 1,000,000 mark. Overall, a very nice event this is, as it saves me (and everyone else) a lot of trouble gathering up rare/version exclusive Mons without the need of a blasted NSO or second console/game/player. Gotta hand it to GF this time, as this was one of their smarter moves.

Last edited: