• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Generation I-VIII Travelog Thread

I finally caught myself a Dreepy after hours of grinding Max Raid battles. Unfortunately, she had a bad nature, Sassy, and the wrong gender (I wanted to have a team of all male Pokemon) so I decided to breed her to see if I could get a male Dreepy with a better nature. While I did manage to get a Dreepy with the nature I wanted the most, Hasty, it was female. However, I kinda of liked the idea of having one female Pokemon on my team because it's an inverse of my first team in gen 7 so I kept her. I played with her a little in Camp before shoving her full of candies to get a Drakloak. Just a heads up for fellow Dreepy fans, feeding a level 4 Dreepy 50 medium exp candies brings it up to level 49.

Here she is:

Now all I need is a Duraludon.

I finally caught myself a Dreepy after hours of grinding Max Raid battles. Unfortunately, she had a bad nature, Sassy, and the wrong gender (I wanted to have a team of all male Pokemon) so I decided to breed her to see if I could get a male Dreepy with a better nature. While I did manage to get a Dreepy with the nature I wanted the most, Hasty, it was female. However, I kinda of liked the idea of having one female Pokemon on my team because it's an inverse of my first team in gen 7 so I kept her. I played with her a little in Camp before shoving her full of candies to get a Drakloak. Just a heads up for fellow Dreepy fans, feeding a level 4 Dreepy 50 medium exp candies brings it up to level 49.

Here she is:
View attachment 128674

Now all I need is a Duraludon.
Nice one! I caught my Dreepy after hours of searching at the Lake, thankfully with the right nature for my desire, Jolly (plus Speed, less SAtk).
For Duraludon, it's a bit complicated. You find one at level 50-52 at the Lake of Outrage during Snowstorm, in the grass, at 2%, or at around 48 in Route 10 (all weather), for 1% change, but in the overworld.

I'd suggest the latter, as multiple Pokèmon spawn at once visible, and it's easier to catch one that way. When I was looking for Dreepy I saw at least three Drakloak spawning in the overworld.

For Duraludon, it's a bit complicated. You find one at level 50-52 at the Lake of Outrage during Snowstorm, in the grass, at 2%, or at around 48 in Route 10 (all weather), for 1% change, but in the overworld.

I'd suggest the latter, as multiple Pokèmon spawn at once visible, and it's easier to catch one that way. When I was looking for Dreepy I saw at least three Drakloak spawning in the overworld.
Thanks for the tips, I'll keep that in mind.

And I'm glad to hear that you also got yourself a Dreepy.

Thanks for the tips, I'll keep that in mind.

And I'm glad to hear that you also got yourself a Dreepy.
Yeah, I didn't have a lot of time to play from Monday, and I spent almost all the time until yesterday to catch one. Thankfully I didn't have to breed one for the right nature.
Dragapult is a great Pokèmon, he's my most useful one when catching Pokèmon in Raids so far that I still didn't finish the main storyline, as I decided to freeroaming a bit before the battle with Leon. Mixed might work best storywise, as yours is, because it learns a lot of Special good moves, like Surf and Flamethrower. I had to give him Dive, as one weakness of my team are Earth/Rock mons, and Dragapult doesn't learn Waterfall.

Mixed might work best storywise, as yours is, because it learns a lot of Special good moves, like Surf and Flamethrower.
Yeah, I generally go for mixed natures in the story if a Pokemon has both a usable Attack and Special Attack for that reason. Makes my teams more flexible.

I finally managed to capture my first Gigamax, Butterfree.

I’d say a problem with the Raid battles is that the matchmaking is really supbar. I don’t think I ever did a 4-players Raid with the matchmaking, including four Gigamax battles.

Yesterday I took on both Allister and Opal's Gyms. I hated both of their Gym Missions and found both battles to be far too easy, especially Opal's with the constant quiz interruptions. Allister so far, in my opinion, is the most forgettable Gym Leader, I really wish they had done a little more with him and he seemed so out of place in that town. Opal is an incredibly interesting character, I loved that she appeared at different points and had a bit more of a role in the journey. I also loved her scene with Bede, so funny.
Last night I blasted my way to the Ice Gym and defeated Melony. Again, I wish they had done a bit more with her character outside of the Gym, she seems like she has a lot more depth, same with Allister really.

I took some time to fill out my Pokedex a little bit more and did some online Raids. Came across (both by myself and via invitation by online players) G-Max Corviknight, Drednaw, Centiskorch and Sandaconda, as well as regular Dynamax Pokemon like male Indeedee and Galarian Mr. Mime, but unfortunately all of them broke out of their Ultra Balls after only a single wiggle.

Today, I spent all day on Route 9 hunting for a Shiny Clobbopus. I have encountered 401 of them, 128 were caught in different rounds of trying to chain 25 (because according to various guides and websites, that was the thing to do). Then I saw this:

Screenshot_20191121_163500_com.android.chrome.jpg

It's from this page on the official Pokemon website - Shiny Pokémon and Gigantamax Pokémon Lurk in Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield’s Wild Area | Pokemon.com

So I decided to just start knocking out every Clobbopus I came across, but unfortunately no Shiny as of yet. I really want Grapploct on my team, but I really don't like the horrible blue colour so I need to get a Shiny version lol. Hopefully I'll find one soon :)

I made quite a bit of progress today. I battled 2 gyms in one day for once. First off, Melony's gym was torture. Not only the fact that I had to inch my way around her gym because of the random traps, but the section where everything is so foggy and you can't even see was just a pain.

Thankfully the gym battle itself was much easier. I started with Joy (Dracozolt), who sadly only hit Frosmoth once before being taken out. If Icy Wind hadn't slowed her down, she may have been able to get another hit in. But I sent out Red Velvet (Alcremie) afterward and took it down. Irene (Cinderace) battled Darmanitan and took it down with one Pryo Ball. Eiscue was next and Yeri (G-Rapidash) beat it with a few Zen Headbutts. Wendy (Morpeko) battled Lapras (who I at first didn't even realize was last). I guessed this would be her ace since it can Gigantamax and tbh I was kind of nervous since Lapras is known to be tanky, but Wendy took it down in only 2 Max Lightnings, making her the first Pokemon on my team to defeat a Gym Leader's Gigantmaxed Pokemon. The Magnet I gave her to hold probably really helped. Overall, this was probably the least stressful gym battle so far. If not for Wendy, or if she had another Pokemon as her ace, we might have been in trouble.

After that battle, we battled Hop who surprised me as he had his old confidence back, once again proclaiming that he was the future champion. I was even happier to see that he'd brought back his old team. I'm so happy to see my boy seems to be getting back to his old self.

Then I ran into Team Yell again where I get the water upgrade for my bike.

After that I headed to Spikemuth and found out that, to my surprise, it's a city with not only the next gym, but a dark-type leader! I was shook. I really didn't expect to get a dark-type leader, but low and behold, we did! And he's Marnie's older brother?! This was a big shock for me. I mean, I noticed the Team Yell symbol at the Gym Challenge ceremony, but I kind of just thought it was Team Yell trying to be disruptive or something. So, Team Yell were just a bunch of Spikemuth gym trainers who formed Team Yell to help Piers's little sister become the Champion? I mean, okay, but why though? Surely there must be more to it than that. I've been wondering this whole game why the grunts kept proclaiming to do everything to help Marnie win the League, yet we rarely saw them doing anything to benefit her. Yeah, they'd act like roadblaocks and keep us from going places, but what was up with the Silicobra and Drednaw shenanigans? How does that help Marnie? And why does Piers want Marnie to take over as leader? I feel like there's more to this story, but let's see where this goes.

The Spikemuth 'Gym' was quite..interesting. The back-flipping, window jumping, and mask losing made for a very odd experience. But at least it was just walking in a straight line and nothing else. Now on to the battle. Scrafty easily defeated Wendy. I knew I should have switched out, but I really didn't think she'd get one shot. Red Velvet was thankfully able beat it and Malamar. Obstagoon was out next and I was surprised as I figured that would be his ace, so I was surprised he didn't save it for last (but I guess it doesn't matter since he doesn't Dynamax) Sadly, both Irene and Joy lost to Obstagoon. Irene missed her first Pyro Ball, and had that not happened, I think Joy would have been able to finish it off after Irene went down. I healed Wendy and sent her back out to fight. She did a little damage, but went down quickly. That thing is tough. I wanted to save Red Velvet since she was the only one with super effective moves, so I sent out Seulgi (Appletun) for some redemption since she didn't do too well in the last gym battle she was in. And boy did she come through; she finished off Obstagoon and beat Skuntank despite the type disadvantage.

After the battle I updated my League Card and I honestly don't think it can get any cuter.

So now let's talk about that elephant in the room. What the hell is going on with all of these explosions?! Why are Leon and Sonia so adamant about me (or anyone for that matter) not helping them and just telling me to keep focusing on the gym challenge? What is up with this Darkest Day stuff? I really want to know what the heck is going on, because if we're about to get doomsday 2.0 because Leon and Sonia told me not to help them...this is all gonna be on their heads. But we'll see what happens tomorrow.

Got up to challenging Melody tonight.

I realised I’m becoming a little overlevelled, but I don’t quite care I like the idea of stomping the competition! But this early on is a bit worrying. Might avoid a few NPCs.

Realised I didn’t have a good enough Pokémon to try and challenge Melody so I’ve added Coalossal to my team and I love him.

About to face Hop in the rival battle with team:

Coalossal lv 44
Grimmsnarl lv 43
Intelleon lv 44
Corviknight lv 42
Flygon lv 46
Toxtricity lv 44

Side note: one of the stations is called Winter Hill and I live near a place with that name I love that.

I just battled Opal~ I'm ungodly overleveled since I had been going up 10 Levels since Kabu, but it seems I'm at a point where I can chill for a bit~ On the way to Circhester~

My final team member may not join for a while, but at least everyone has just about caught up. Yesterday I replaced the free baby Low Amp Toxtricity with an Amped one I was able to find in the Bridge Wild Area~

Toxtricity: Lv. 42
Hatterene (Just evolved!): Lv. 42
Milcery (no luck getting a Berry Sweet): Lv. 42
Cinderace: Lv 43
Eldegoss: Lv. 44
Thievul: Lv. 44

So I've just beat Oleana and I'm about to go to the Finals. Finally got my Dragapult, she evolved after I fought Oleana. Now my team is complete; I'll post pictures later but class is about to start so I can't.

What about Brock without the support from the anime or the Kalos ones?

I meant in terms of their role in the game, Allister has been the most forgettable Gym Leader in Shield in my opinion (I wasn't comparing him to every past Gym Leader, just an observation about Shield).

Last night I continued to knock out Clobbopus in the hopes of finding a Shiny, however still no luck.
I did keep my Y-Comm connected to the Internet so I could do some Surprise Trades and Raids (so if you happened to receive a Clobbopus from Gloria, it might be one of mine). I noticed some of the Clobbopus have Ribbons (one for being sociable, one for cloud watching, one for liking to eat and one for being worn out). So I have decided to keep those four and might raise one up with an Eviolite (not as a part of my main team, just because it is so cute).

The Surprise Trades were actually really good. I received 3 freshly hatched Scorbunny and 2 freshly hatched Dreepy (first time seeing it in game), so I'm guessing they are someone's breeding rejects and might be half decent. I also got a Galarian Ponyta and a Mr. Rime.

In terms of Raids, I participated in G-Max Corviknight and G-Max Drednaw Raids, but still couldn't catch them (I tried the Dusk Ball tip). I also saw a Galarian Farfetch'd Raid was going on via online invitation and was able to participate and catch it, which was awesome for me as a Shield player. Then Cursola cropped up on the "seeking" list (which I have been dying to add to my team), but the online connection cut out during the battle and I couldn't reconnect the rest of the night (I've seen on Twitter it is apparently down for maintenance).

To be honest I'm super shocked right now so I have to get it out.

I got a French Ditto for a Sobble I bred earlier today and I thought I was so lucky..

Then I started breeding Ponyta to trade (since its an exclusive) and the second Ponyta I hatched was shiny. Can't believe it!

So I beat Leon today. He was the hardest fight in the entire game: he managed to knock out three of my Pokemon.

I had some roadblocks in the beginning of the fight. He knocked out my Orbeetle and Toxtricity and brought my Duraludon down to the red, though at least I got to set up Stealth Rocks and Reflect. However, I turned the tables when I paralyzed his Rhyperior with my Sandaconda's Glare and proceeded to spam Coil six times. The rest of his team was easy barring Charizard because a +6 Earthquake is nothing to laugh at. Charizard was a bit stressful as it beat my Sandaconda with G-Max Overgrowth and I had limited options. I sacked my Duraludon to revive my Toxtricity, but I sent out Dragapult instead because I feared that Toxtricity wouldn't be fast enough. I wasted a turn of G-max using Phantom Force before finishing off Charizard with Dragon Darts.

Today was the final challenge, battling Raihan. I really should have paid more attention to those comments the people in the gym were making about weather and those double battles we had with the gym trainers. I totally didn't even consider that the gym match would be a double battle with a focus on weather. Well, my first two out were Red Velvet (Alcremie) and Seulgi (Appleun) who were able to take down Flygon and Gigalith, but Seulgi took a lot of damage. She actually toughed out a G-Max Depletion from Gigantamax Duraludon due to her love for me, but was taken down by Sandaconda. Red Velvet set up Misty Terrain which lowered the damage of the Dragon-type moves. I sent out Irene (Cinderace) kind of forgetting that Duraludon wasn't weak to fire. I used an actually super effective move, Max Knuckle, to boost her attack, but Duraludon used Max Steelspike to take out Red Velvet and boost its own defense. I sent out Joy (Dracozolt) as the next to fight. Thankfully, Duraludon Gigantamaxed one turn before Irene, so it went back to normal right before she did, so her Max Flare took it down. Not the most grand ending, but good enough. Sandaconda protected against Joy's attack, but one Pyro Ball one the next turn from Irene was enough to take out Sandaconda. Tough battle, but not too hard overall. I thought it was really funny how throughout the battle Raihan's Rotom phone was hovering around him, taking selfies.

My boy Hop showed up, still as confident as he once was. And Professor Magnolia gave Sonia her lab coat. How cute. I love how everyone outside of the stadium was cheering for me after I beat Raihan. And I was thrilled to see that Hop beat Raihan so quickly. With all 8 badges, Hop and I headed for Wyndon which is so pretty. No clothes I really wanted, but the city itself is gorgeous. Now at this point I'm nerovus becuase we haven't had a big doomsday moment yet. I was actually a bit skeptical and started wondering if the ground would open up under me randomly. But no, to my surprise, the league carried on.

I headed to the Champion's Cup and was kind of disappointed to find out that there would only be two rounds. I had kind of hoped for four at the least, so it would be similar to the Elite 4. Nonetheless, I went out to take on Marinie. I liked that she had the Team Yell logo on her uniform. I started with Joy who took out Liepard. Red Velvet easily beat Scrafty. Wendy (Moreko) beat Toxicroak with Psychic Fangs and Morpeko with a few Seed Bombs. I sent out Red Velvet to take on Gimmsnarl who took it down easily with two Maxstarpower's.

Then it was time for my main man, Hop. Seulgi beat Dubwool with little trouble. Wendy battled Corviknight and won. I sent out Yeri (G-Raphidash) to take on Snorlax, but she took a lot of damage from Heavy Slam, so I switched to Seulgi to do damage with Rocky Helmet. One Draco Meteor weakened Snorlax enough for more Rocky Helmet damage to finish it off. Joy battled against Pincurchin and won easily. Now it was time for Rillaboom. His starter vs. mine, finally Dynamaxing against each other. I sent out Irene. One Max Flare and it was down.

I was now headed to battle Leon...or so I thought. The boys wanted to celebrate with dinner, which was nice. Only Leon didn't show up, and my radar started going off. Then we got Piers showing up, telling me Leon is meeting with Rose. More alarms sounding. Then Oleana just shows up and tells us we can't interrupt Rose and Leon and decides to play 'let's hide the key'; totally suspicious af, because why are you out here acting like you're hiding something sis? I was happy that Piers and Marnie joined us in our mission to get to the bottom of everything. I especially liked that Marinie was cheering for me in battle. I must be blind or something though, because I could not find the league staff the last time he hid for the life of me. I finally found the bastard and then Hop, Marnie, Piers and I were ready to move forward. Thankfully everyone at the station were Piers stans and they caused enough ruckus running to hear him play for us to get to Rose's tower.

Tomorrow, we'll see what the Chairman, Oleana, and Leon are hiding.

Continuing from where we left off, Hop and I are heading up Rose Tower. And for some reason Oleana's goons are out here only worried about subsidiary companies despite the fact that their boss is engaging in some really shady sh*t. I also don't know why Hop was battling with Dubwool when we know these Macros Cosmos goons only use Steel-types....but whatever.

So we got to the top of the tower and Oleana lost her mind and challenged me to a battle. It wasn't too hard of a fight. Her Gigantamax Garbodor took out Yeri (G-Rapidash) after one Max Mindstorm, but after it reverted, I believe Seulgi (Appletun) took it out. We finally got to Rose and...nothing happened. Seriously, I was expecting sh*t to hit the fan and for doomsday to happen right then and there...but it didn't. Leon decided to actually take me to my well deserved dinner and we left. Of course, it looks like Rose is still scheming though. And of course NO ONE bothers to ask why the hell Oleana and Rose are acting so shifty. Yeah guys, Oleana only did some behind the scenes sneaky stuff with fake league staff while Rose was having secret talks with Leon. NOTHING WORTH INVESTIGATING.

So it's time for the finals and I see that now I battle the Gym Leaders. Okay, that's a bit better. I was really disappointed when the semifinals were just Hop and Marnie and I thought it would literally just be Leon last, so I was happy to see that there was still more to the tournament. And the first one is...BEDE?! He actually became the Fairy gym leader?! I mean, I realized Opal wasn't there but I just thought she'd be my first opponent. But she sent Bede, all clad in pink. And Leon actually thought this was perfectly fine and let him battle me. Man, if I had the choice, I would have rejected his snobby, pink ass, but Leon's got more say than me I guess. Well, Irene (Cinderace) beat Mawile. Yeri beat Gardevoir after a long battle. Red Velvet (Alcremie) beat his G-Raphidash. And I sent out Irene to defeat Gigantamax Hatterne. After the battle, the audience encouraged Bede not to retire, and that little brat said he would rather retire so he wouldn't have to train with Opal anymore. C'mon dude, can you not be difficult for once? You actually made a decent name for yourself, get over it and just go lead Ballonlea's gym! I my not hate Bede as much as I did before, but I did get a bit of satisfaction knowing he's gonna be stuck doing something he didn't want to do for a while. :p

After Bede, I took on Nessa. Joy (Dracozolt) battled Golisopod, causing it to get paralyzed before switching out with Emergency Exit. She sent out Barraskewda, who beat Joy with Drill Run. I sent out Seulgi. Ice Fang did major damage, but she won with one Apple Acid. Seaking went for Megahorn, but missed. Apple Acid almost took it out, but not enough and Nessa healed. Seulgi was taken out on the next turn. I healed Joy and sent her out to finish Seaking which she did with one Thunder Fang. Joy finished off Golisopod, who was stopped by Paralysis, and couldn't harm her. I sent out Wendy (Morpeko) to one shot Pelipper with Spark. I hoped she'd be able to take on Gigantamax Drednaw...and she did. Though Max Overgrowth did a ton of damage, it wasn't quite enough. But despite Pelipper setting up rain, Nessa opted for Max Rockfall, which Wendy was able to handle. One Max Lightning and the battle was won, once against making Wendy a boss.

Adorable Allister was my next opponent. I started with Red Velvet against Dusknoir, who once again had the same Disable issue as our first battle with him. Yeah, I never bothered to give her a coverage move for ghosts. So we used Attract to buy time until we could use Dazzling Gleam again. Sadly, the Shadow Punches were just too much. I should have healed her, but I really thought she could take the last hit. Seulgi came out to finish off that Dusknoir with Rocky Helmet damage. Wendy was sent out to battle Chandalure. One Crunch and it went down. Same with Polteagiest. Cursola was taken out by Wendy's new move Aura Wheel. Then came Gigantamax Gengar...who went down to one Max Darkness. Once again, Wendy is our MVP of the match. Marnie and Piers came to cheer me off after his defeat to Raihan.

Then it was time for selfie king himself. And of course to me surprise, now he doesn't want to have a double battle. I sent out Red Velvet, expecting a dragon, but getting Torkoal. After doing nothing but Lava Plummeing, after healing he decides to only use Solar Beam, so we win. I sent out Yeri to battle Turtonator, but he was prepared with Shell Trap which did way too much damage. I switched for Irene, who took it down with two Double Edges. I sent out Seulgi to battle Flygon. One Draco Meteor knocked it out, but not before it set up Sandstorm. But then he sent out Goodra immediately after to set up Rain. Joy only needed two Dragon Claws to take it down. I sent out Seulgi to Dynamax against Duraludon since I had no really good options. She took one G-Max Depletion while doing a chunk of damage with Max Wyrmwind. She protected against the second attack and I healed on the final turn before both reverted to normal. Durlaudon's attack was lowered from our Max Move. He used Dragon Claw and took Rocky helmet damage, allowing Seulgi to win with one Draco Meteor.

Then it was time for Leon. Hop showed up with Rillaboom to cheer me on. And of course NOW is the moment when sh*t hits the fan. Now it's time for doomsday. Rose came on the monitor to tell us that it's time for the Darkest Day 2.0. Leon ran off to go try to solve everything by himself, ya know just like before, leaving Hop and I to head back for Slumbering Weald to try to get some heroes to help us out. Sonia and Mum give us some words of encouragement and we headed off.

[QUOTE="Pyrax, post: 6935778, member: 24821]
So I've made it to Galar mine yay!

So far my team consists

Raboot (Axel Blaze)
Wooloo (Callie)
Yamper (Mike)
Nickit (Sneaky Fox)
Butterfree
Zigzagoon (Black Zippy)

I can't wait to battle Bebe and get to challenge Milo!
Fun fact: my Raboot is named after a character from a show I watched called Inazuma Eleven. Axel's signature special move is Fire Tornado and since Cinderance Pokedex entry hints that it's sorta like a soccer player (like Axel, the whole show is basically soccer but with special moves and it's a good show) that's why I chose that name

BTW: I'm new to the forums and I can't wait to have some fun

Back
Top Bottom