• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Generation I-VIII Travelog Thread

I think somewhere on here I think I said I didn't have any motivation to start another Sword file and, well, here we are. I've started up yet another save, this time picking Grookey who will quickly be thrown into the PC once I get my Applin ready to round off the Galar starters (I've picked different starters in all three saves, but never used them on my teams). I've reached the Wild Area and spent a bit grinding raids. Unlike my second save, I have pretty much pre-planned my team and have gotten 1-2 of my members already depending on what I go with. My current team consists of a Yamper (Ion), Rookidee, Hoothoot, Corphish, Thwackey, and Nickit.

Okay, due to a bad bout with insomnia (probably because I'm out of one of my meds that somewhat helps with sleep and was unable to get it today due to the heavy rain), I decided to start a new Sword file. This time, however, in order to spice things up a bit I'm attempting to do an Egglocke (keyword: attempting, we'll see how long my resolve lasts). Since my main Sword file is loaded with dozens of unhatched eggs (with the contents of said eggs long since been forgotten), I decided to use them for the Egglocke (might as well put them to use). So, I gathered up about 17 different eggs as a starting point (I tried picking them via the type of ball though I know there may be a couple of overlaps, since there's only so many types of balls) and started the Sword file.

I started with Scorbunny (what else is new) and have made it to Magnolia's house, catching mostly everything available (though I'm missing a few). Battled Hop, got the endorsement, got the Dynamax Band and now I have the ability to trade. Sadly, I hit a small snag that I forgot to consider upon this sudden idea. Because my Switch Lite is in for repairs and the Sword file I'm using for this Egglocke is on the same Switch as my main Sword file, I have to wait until I get my Switch Lite back to do the trades. It's a shame that you can't transfer eggs into Home, as that would've eliminated my problem instantly, but not much can be done about it. So, until then, the file is pretty much in a limbo, though I'll probably spend time catching the Mons that I'm missing from the start of the game (like G-Zigzagoon, Yamper, Caterpie, etc) to pass the time so I'll be ready when the Switch Lite returns. Will probably update again when I get to that point. Until then.

I've finished the main story in both Sword and Shield, with Sword as my main version, but I'll list my story teams for both, with nicknames in parenthesis.

Sword:
- Cinderace (Fluff)
- Orbeetle (Marinette)
- Mudsdale (Kaalki)
- Boltund (Sabrina)
- Flapple (Longg)
- Barraskewda (Kim)

Shield:
- Cinderace (Jerec)
- Braviary (Ike) (brought over from Sword through Home)
- Galarian Rapidash (Sylvain)
- Bellossom (Daisy)
- Froslass (...I actually forget what I nicknamed it)

Hmm, I can't recall the last member of my Shield team now. Huh. I'll have to update this whenever I feel like checking. I got into Miraculous a year ago and that's why I used that theme for the Sword names. lol (I'd also named a Liepard Adrien and a Thieval Alya.) The Shield theme is more video game-related.

OH, but I before I forget about this, I ended up getting freaking Pokerus during my Shield playthrough! It happened either right before or right after I battled Nessa. Yeah, THAT early. XD I forgot to bring it to Sword though. Oh well.

I've gotten two shiny Pokemon in Sword though, (not counting the Zeraora from Home) and I don't have the Shiny Charm yet. First was a Pikachu I got during that max raid event where its shiny rate was increased in raids. Second was a COMPLETELY RANDOM BELLOSSOM THAT I WAS JUST GOING TO BATTLE FOR LEVELING UP. I was in the post-game at this point, but still. I was actually planning to hunt it at some point and IT JUST FALLS IN MY LAP. Bellossom's shiny coloration is my favorite! I was going NUTS. XD I've currently been using that shiny Bellossom and the shiny Raichu I evolved the Pikachu into since.

I want the Shiny Charm though, and I'm only missing two trade evolutions. I need a trading partner to help me get Slurpuff and Aromatisse. Someone please help me with these tradebacks soon, and thanks!

I finally got around to starting the Crown Tundra DLC. As of today I've completed Calyrex's storyline and can I just say that I love this Pokemon so much. He is so cute, so funny, and so utterly loveable. I love everything about him, from the way he constantly used Peony to speak for him against his will, to his variety of expressions in his dialogue. And I love the little dance he does to unleash his powers. :bulbaLove: I chose for him to ride Glastrier as it seemed fitting for the snowy Crown Tundra. I named him King Harvest, since it seemed fitting based on his title.

My next goal is to take care of the birds, hopefully without getting to distracted by raid dens.

More of my adventure though the Crown Tundra. And it's a long one again.

I shouldn't be surprised because I spoke in into existence; yeah I got distracted. Oh no, not by raid dens surprisingly enough, by Dynamax Adventures. Literally the past few days have been noting but those adventures and trying to catch as many legendaries as possible.

So let's back up a bit. Yes, I caught the birds and I gave them the totally creative and not cringey names of Psycuno, Slapdos, and Maltres. G-Articuno was pretty simple. I had my Morpeo (Wendy), who was resistant to hurricane and completely immune to all of Articno's psychic attacks. The 'challenge' was more just my worrying about not running out of Poke Balls.

G-Zapdos was a nightmare. Focus Energy to boost crits and Thunderous Kick lowering my defense was horrid. I literally had my Appletun (Seulgi) get it to lower it's own health with Rocky Helmet while I just used Iron Defense until it was weak enough to start tossing balls. But that damn thing would NOT be captured. Almost all of my Pokemon fainted multiple times and I was worried about the damn thing running out of PP and struggling itself to death. My Dracozolt (Joy) was my best matchup against the thing because she's got pretty good defense and resists Drill Peck, but I still needed to revive her a couple of times and heal her constantly. Thankfully after a LONG battle, I caught it. An checking over it after capture, the only move it hadn't run out of PP with was Focus Energy, which thankfully it still had quite a lot of uses left so it wasn't right on the verge of struggle, but damn was it close.

G-Moltres took two balls and that was it. Seriously, I lowered it's health, threw 2 Dusk Balls and got it in the second toss. Anticlimactic, I know. Honestly, I had more issues just chasing after the damn thing.

I didn't want to rush right into the Regis right after doing the birds so I thought, "Hm, I'll take a break and trying out some raid dens." Well, none of the active ones were Pokemon I hadn't caught yet. So I decided to go for the Dynamax Adventures, aka my new addiction. I've been doing them for two days. As of now I caught all the Johto beasts, Cresselia, Heatran, Zekrom (which took like 10 tries), Articuno, Zapdos, Tapu Koko, Tapu Lele, Mesprit, and a FREAKING SHINY AZELF. I was so shook when I saw that yellow Azelf after I caught it. My first ever shiny legendary .:bulbaWave: I've found Kyogre and Mewtwo, but no luck catching them yet. I'll be taking a bit of a break before going back to that.

Now to do what I needed to move onto in the first place; going after those Regis.

I pretty much finished the Crown Tundra.

So the Regis were caught pretty easily. I don't think a single one of them caused me any issues. I think one of my only biggest hurdles was finding Regice's temple becuase I'd never come across that while roaming across the Crown Tundra beforehand. But I caught them and named them all "Reggie" + their type and moved on to search for Regeleki and Regidrago's temple.

Good Lord, I swear it took me HOURS to find their temple. Okay I'll admit, I didn't look it up. I wanted to find it for myself, so I didn't look up anything except the name of the place, Three Point Pass, and found it on the map. I just needed to get there. Yeah, it took hours. I kept going in circles, getting distracted by trying to complete my dex (as usual), and of course the damn Dynamax adventures. But finally, FINALLY, I found out how to get to those two.

So like I said, I tried to avoid as many spoilers as possible, but I was aware that I could only catch one of the new regis. I decided I go for my favorite, Regeleki. I didn't know which pattern I need to create for it though, so I kind of just made some at random and I actually guessed Regidrago's first. But I eventually got the proper one for Regeleki and caught it.

After finishing things up with Peony, I got the call from Leon to participate in the Galarian Star Tournament. Of course I partnered with my bestie Hop because my boy deserves to be a winner. I love the fact that Avery is now a Gym Leader and that this is reflected when you battle him. Similarly, I like that Opal is listed as a trainer since Bede is the leader now, just like Piers. After destroying the competition I did enough battles that I needed to do to unlock my baby Allister and beat the tournament with him. I love all of the dialogue between the competitors. It's so adorable.

Now that I'm done with everything, I'll probably keep doin these Dynamax Adventures until I catch all of the legendaries, including the Ultra Beasts so I can complete Peony's last Adventour. Overall, I enjoyed the Crown Tundra, probably more than the Isle of Armor since I could focus on exploring with my team for the most part rather than needing to add a new Pokemon to my team and raise it. And also because Calyrex's story was so adorable and funny.

I'm close to finishing the Crown Tundra Poke Dex as well as just needing to catch Thundurus and Lugia to finish catching all legendary Pokemon in general that appear in the Max Raid Adventures.

I'm having a lot of fun with my new Sword playthrough. I've just beaten Milo and my current team is Drizzile, Dartrix, Butterfree, Corvisquire, Galarian Ponyta and Rockruff (which I will evolve into Midday Lycanroc). Now that Pokemon HOME and both DLC expansions are out, we can get more more creative with our team options and it helps to keep the game fresh.

Man, I've been meaning to post updates on my playthrough of Sword but it keeps slipping my mind. Anyway, on with the show. (Note that this is over the course of a few days, so expect it to be long-winded.)

I picked up where I last left off on my adventure as Darkness the Trainer just before Opal's Gym. With my fully-evolved team I was ready to take on the quiz. I also ended up making some last-minute adjustments on my Cinderace, Natsu, effectively removing both his egg moves for TRs instead (specifically: Low Kick and Zen Headbutt replacing High Jump Kick and Sucker Punch, respectively), as this time I wanted some variation on his moves, as most of my Cinderaces tend to be nearly identical in terms of moves. Anyway, easily beat Opal with Natsu, Nevermore the Corviknight, and Drillbit the Excadrill, with Nevermore dealing the final blow to her G-Max Alcreamie. After earning the badge, TM, and outfit, I went to Hammerlocke with Opal only to witness Bede getting dragged off to Fairy boot camp after getting axed from the competition. Later, loser! Say goodbye to all your dignity!

Anyway, met Sonia and Leon again before battling Hop again. Totally creamed him without much issue. Made my way to the next Gym, catching everything I could along the way. Got to the next PC and then decided to do some Max Raids in order to build up my TR collection. That took about two days, along with gathering up every single item I could. Anyway, went to the Rock Gym and managed to get a perfect by not falling into any holes before totally destroying Gordie. Then some story elements before battling Hop again, this time with his "normal" team, though he added some new additions to it. Didn't take too long to whup him again. After getting the Rotom Bike upgraded I took advantage of it and backtracked to previous locations where items, TMs, and other such things are that were stuck on islands or behind pools of water. This also included going back to the Isle of Armor to collect more Mons and items, along with doing more Max Raids both in the Wild Area and Isle of Armor. After gathering a satisfyingly amount of goodies and Mons I returned to the story and made my way to the Dark Gym. I was pretty much super equipped for this Gym, as Sango the Kommo-o, Natsu, and Lora the Gardevoir pretty much owned Piers (though I do admit I made a mistake in using Dragon Dance while battling Skuntank instead of just going for the kill, as it gave Piers the opening to use Toxic on Sango, though that was short-lived). I gotta say Piers really is a good older brother to Marnie, as he actually tries to support her anyway he can, something that Leon could learn a thing or two from.

Anyway, dealt with the next bunch of story events before battling Raihan. To be honest, his Gym Trainers gave me more trouble, as I utterly creamed him with Natsu and Nevermore alone, one-shotting his entire team with liberal use of Low Kick, Brave Bird, and Max Knuckle (fueled by Low Kick). Now it's off to Wyndon for the final bouts. I got to Wyndon and bought every TM in the PC. However, it was at this point that my Switch Lite started to run low on battery power, so it's recharging now. My team is as followed (though I forget their levels, but I do know they're all over Lv60).

Natsu the Cinderace
Nevermore the Corviknight
Lora the Gardevoir
Sango the Kommo-o
Drillbit the Excadrill
Sylvando the Milotic

So I just rebought Sword. I wanted to try different Pokemon then my original playthrough. At the beginning of the game, I had a team that consist of:

Scorbunny
Skwovet
Pidove
Joltik
Zigzagoon (Galarian).

I found out quickly, that wouldn't have worked, so I made a few adjustments and I am currently on route 5, heading to Hulbury for my 2nd gym match.

New team:

Raboot
Corvisquire
Joltik
Zigzagoon
Whimiscott
Drednaw

Defeated both Nessa and Kabu. Whimiscott easily took down Nessa's team.

Kabu, on the other hand, gave me a little trouble. Started the gym match by quick balling the three catches, taking no damage. Ninetales started off with the Will-O-Wisp and fire spin. Drednaw defeated Ninetales with waterfall but I am still taking residual damage. Arcanine comes out, I take him down to 3/4 of his health. I decide to potion and burn heal, so I was ready for Centiskorch. What I didn't see coming was Arcanine Will-O-Wisping me as well before he was defeated. The final battle came down to 10 HP for my Drednaw but in the end, we managed to win the match.

After that, went through the wild area. Went through some raid battles, caught some Pokemon, got candies before heading to Hammerlocke. Once there, I bought the grass-type tracksuit, did some exploring, advanced the storyline, did a surprise trade (Traded Togepi and got a breedject Scorbunny). I ran into the battle cafe, which was a mistake because I got wiped lol. (Team is level 28, his team was 37). So I decided to do another round of raid before starting my journey to Stow-on-Side. The last den was a Rookiedee (was a purple beam one), saw it had air slash and made the change (air slash much better than plunk xD). Now, I am on the bridge, facing route 6.

Attachments

• 20210514_100117 (2).jpg
    20210514_100117 (2).jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 61
Last edited:
After unintentionally putting it off, I finally got that Sword playthrough I had been planning for quite some time. However, like I said elsewhere, I replaced Poliwrath with Mienfoo as my Fighting Mon. Reason being it can do double duty on either attacking stat, as Mienshao's Special Attack is still quite usable compared to most Fighting Mons, so that also helps balance out my attackers.

Anyway, I did everything in Motostoke, did Galar Mine 1, beat the stuffing out of Bede, and made my way to Milo. Utterly creamed him with Knightmare the Corvisquire and Erza the Raboot (yes, I got a female Scorebunny). Made my way to Nessa's Gym, as I wanted to do it before it got too late here. Took her down with Erza, Sid the G-Slowking, and Aerrow the Dartrix. I did get a little surprise when Nessa's Drednaw actually got to attack before Aerrow, despite him having a Jolly nature, so Drednaw got one Max Darkness in before Aerrow retaliated with Max Overgrowth, taking out the snapping turtle in one shot. Did what I had to with Rose and decided to use some of my money to buy a bunch of Gym uniforms, since any of the good customization options are later in the game. Though, I will admit I've got weird tastes, as now my PC (the female, as she has better options) looks like a rummage sale reject (kinda the norm for me, as I like to mix and match items to make a unique PC). I also spent a lot of time catching Mons, with only really G-Farfetch'd missing right now (damn low spawn rates), though it took a while to find Basculin. I'll be going to Galar Mine 2 to train so my team will be ready for both Kabu and Isle of Armor, as I tend to visit it before battling Kabu so I can get my starter's G-Max form. Which means I need to grind a bit before then, as I like having a fully-evolved starter before Kabu. Stopping for the night now. Will continue tomorrow after recharging the Switch Lite. My team is as followed:

Erza the Raboot
Aerrow the Dartrix
Knightmare the Corvisquire
Jade the Mienfoo
Angela the A-Ninetales
Sid the G-Slowking

As you can see, my team is split 50/50 in terms of genders. A bit unintentional but I do like to keep at least some females on my team for diversity.

I finished my Pokédex for both Galar and the Isle of Armor! Now I just need to find someone to do a trade back with Glastrier and I'll have officially caught them all*

*That are available in SwSh

Shield beats Sword.jpg
I'm in the post-game, so here's my team's sets
AuraGuardian (Shiny Lucario; Male), Lv 100, Modest (+SpA, -Atk), Inner Focus, Life Orb
  • Aura Sphere
  • Flash Cannon
  • Psychic
  • E-Speed
Tre (Gallade; Male; named after one of my discord friends), Lv 76, Adamant (+Atk, -SpA), Steadfast, Lucky Egg
  • Close Combat
  • Psycho Cut
  • Night Slash/Leaf Blade
  • Drawing skills Swords Dance
Lvl5Vaporeon (male; also named after one of my discord friends, see a trend here?), Lv 59, Modest (+SpA, -Atk), Hydration, Leftovers
  • Aqua Ring
  • Hydraulic Pump
  • Haze
  • Aurora Beam
Drazirahc (Spelled backwards; Shiny; Male), Lv 100, Modest (You know it at this point), Blaze, Charcoal
  • BLAST BURN
  • Dragon Pulse
  • Air Slash
  • Focus Blast (seemingly makes my Pokémon extremely lucky when I give it to them)
Ghost (ミミッキュ(Mimikyu, but its Japanese); Male; Same as Tre and Lvl5Vaporeon, named after a friend from Discord), Lv 96, Jolly (+Spe, -SpA) Disguise, Expert Belt
  • Phantom Force
  • Leech Life
  • Play Rough
  • Swords Dance
Preyahhhh (Garchomp (ガブリアス, only call her Preyahhhh); Female; once again, named after a Discord friend), Lv 100, Jolly (+Spe, -SpA), Rough Skin, Rocky Shelmet
  • Earthquake
  • Outrage(ous)
  • Stone Edge that never lands
  • Swords Dance

Stat abbreviation key:
Atk: Attack
Def: Defense
SpA: Special Atk
SpD: Sp. Def
Spe: Speed

Hello, it's been a while since I've posted on these forums. I just recently breeded two 6IV Rookidees last night. However, they are not the correct nature. I plan to use one of them with a mint, while breeding the other. I am also trying to catch 6IV ditto currently.

Back
Top Bottom