• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Oha Suta reveals BW transfer feature: 'PokéShifter' to allow transfer of DPPt/HGSS Po

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Oha Suta reveals BW transfer feature: 'PokéShifter' to allow transfer of DPPt/HGSS Pokémon

Oha Suta aired new information about transferring Pokémon from Pokémon Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold, and SoulSilver to Pokémon Black and White. The feature, called "PokéShifter", will allow players with two DS systems to transfer their Pokémon to the Generation V games in a Pal Park-like manner. Pokémon caught via PokéShifter will presumably be caught in a timed minigame.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: Oha Suta reveals BW transfer feature: 'PokéShifter' to allow transfer of DPPt/HGS

Well, that's a nice, convenient way of keeping compatibility regardless of changes in the data structure.

This means some Gen I-IV Pokémon will be getting new abilities, I bet.

Re: Oha Suta reveals BW transfer feature: 'PokéShifter' to allow transfer of DPPt/HGS

Do we know if we can send them back?

Oh, good god...PLEASE be genuine!!

How will this even work...? 2 DS's... But how do you...? How do you get your Gen 4 games to do that...?

Who knows. Probably going to be an option on the load file menu, like how you connect to the Wii.

Do we know if we can send them back?

It's said to work like Pal Park, so it can be presumed that it's a permanent transfer.

How will this even work...? 2 DS's... But how do you...? How do you get your Gen 4 games to do that...?

The same way that you trade and battle between Gen 4 games-- using wireless. And if it's similar to Pal Park, then it'll probably involve taking only boxed Pokémon.

Pokémon caught via PokéShifter will presumably be caught in a timed minigame.

Honestly what the fuck is the point of this?

Permanent Transfer: DO NOT WANT

What happened to the old method of time travel? Yeah, it was implausible, BUT AT LEAST YOU COULD TRADE BACK.

The same way that you trade and battle between Gen 4 games-- using wireless. And if it's similar to Pal Park, then it'll probably involve taking only boxed Pokémon.

So you turn on your Gen 5 and select "PokeShifter".
Then you turn on your Gen 4 game and... select...?

Permanent Transfer: DO NOT WANT

What happened to the old method of time travel? Yeah, it was implausible, BUT AT LEAST YOU COULD TRADE BACK.

What do you want to trade back for...? I've never felt the need to transfer a Pokemon back to a GBA game.

Permanent Transfer: WILL LIVE WITH

I had a feeling this was coming. Their are probably going to be several Pokemon unobtainable in the new games and this transfer may be the only way to get them. It will be most likely set up like the old transfer but you will need 2 ds instead of one.

Eh, hope it's a little more fun than Pal Park. PP was just a game of hide-and-seek: you just kept running around in circles until you came across one of the six you sent over. Sometimes you forget where certain ones you sent over are and lose time searching in the wrong spot. Sometimes I forget what I even sent over. Most of the time, it's just to pull the cool rare items out and throw away whatever Zigzagoon-ish it came with.

I hope this timer thing is the same as Pal Park and only determines a bonus prize. I don't want to have to try multiple times recatching Pokémon.

But rare Berries don't matter that much to me anyway. Timer means nothing unless I can't get my Pokémon. In fact, I just wish they'd hand me what got transferred over, finish it fast. But I know that won't ever happen.

So you turn on your Gen 5 and select "PokeShifter".
Then you turn on your Gen 4 game and... select...?

Okay. You got PBR or Ranch? Try and connect your DS to it. Usually there's no option on the main menu, but the Wii sends out a signal that makes one appear that says "Connect to Wii". Presumably, that'd be what the Gen V games do. Send out a wireless signal that'd draw the Pokémon out of the Gen IV game when selected on the main menu.

Honestly what the fuck is the point of this?

Pal Park did it.

Yeah, Pal Park did it. Doesn't make it any less tedious, time consuming, or pointless.

Okay. You got PBR or Ranch? Try and connect your DS to it. Usually there's no option on the main menu, but the Wii sends out a signal that makes one appear that says "Connect to Wii". Presumably, that'd be what the Gen V games do. Send out a wireless signal that'd draw the Pokémon out of the Gen IV game when selected on the main menu.

OOH!!! Awesome! Okay then.

Well, I hope there's not a 6 per day rule, like with Pal Park... That just...sucked.

I never really cares much about sending the Pokemon back to the GBA games. We lived with for a generation, we can with another one.

Also off topic, do I see a Team Plasma (Plasma-dan)? o_o

2 DSes? Eugh, why couldn't BW be on the 3DS ffs?

Is this six at a time or (hopefully) all in one go?

I'm curious as to whether the transfered Pokemon will keep their old capture date, if they'll be given a new one or if they will have two. That's been one of the neat things about Generation IV for me, remembering when I caught certain Pokemon.

Would probably be "transferred on" date stamp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom